PDA

View Full Version : hey guys I'm a bit tired of the "attention whoring" label being tossed around.

cookiepuss
06-20-2006, 11:46 AM
I mean it's dumb to call people on the internet attention whores. fuck of course we are.:rolleyes:

NONE of you come here to be ignored. Face it every single one of us wants our voice to be heard and that's attention seeking no matter how you slice it. there is nothing wrong with it. it's the nature of the medium we are using. Thus what I'm saying is...calling someone an attention whore IS NOT INSULTING. stop using it as a insult.

ok. flame on.

b i o n i c
06-20-2006, 11:47 AM
i was totally attention whoring yesterday, but no one gave a shit

Bob
06-20-2006, 11:52 AM
some people do it more than others though. like if you've got nothing to contribute to a thread, at all, but you post in every single thread you read anyway, just to get noticed. that would be attention whoring, in my book. or if you make boring thread after boring thread after boring thread and refuse to learn to stop making boring threads, that's attention whroing too.

but contibuting to a conversation, making a thread here and there (even a few self-serving boring ones are forgiveable), making a joke that doesn't suck, that's just conversing. it's like if you're having a conversation and someone is always just interrupting and shouting, trying to be the center of attention constantly, that's attention whoring, that's annoying, there's such a thing as it

Kid Presentable
06-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Saying it's not an insult doesn't make it so.

adam_f
06-20-2006, 11:53 AM
You've made me think that I'm a whore, Bob. Thanks. Ass.

King of Rock $
06-20-2006, 11:56 AM
*snore*

cookiepuss
06-20-2006, 11:58 AM
Saying it's not an insult doesn't make it so.

well, I suppose. But I'M not insulted by it! I'm taking control of the term! I'm gonna make attention whore t-shirts and buttons and post-it notes..maybe even a bumper sticker.(y)

Kid Presentable
06-20-2006, 12:04 PM
well, I suppose. But I'M not insulted by it! I'm taking control of the term! I'm gonna make attention whore t-shirts and buttons and post-it notes..maybe even a bumper sticker.(y)
Consumate attention-whoring.

kll
06-20-2006, 12:05 PM
i wonder how random the board would look one day if everyone put everyone else on ignore and then just posted whatever... it would be like the types of people who don't hear what the people around them say, just wait their turn to speak (or in this case type)...

Nuzzolese
06-20-2006, 12:06 PM
i wonder how random the board would look one day if everyone put everyone else on ignore and then just posted whatever... it would be like the types of people who don't hear what the people around them say, just wait their turn to speak (or in this case type)...

Ha! Are you saying there would be a big difference?

cookiepuss
06-20-2006, 12:10 PM
some people do it more than others though. like if you've got nothing to contribute to a thread, at all, but you post in every single thread you read anyway, just to get noticed. that would be attention whoring, in my book. or if you make boring thread after boring thread after boring thread and refuse to learn to stop making boring threads, that's attention whroing too.

but contibuting to a conversation, making a thread here and there (even a few self-serving boring ones are forgiveable), making a joke that doesn't suck, that's just conversing. it's like if you're having a conversation and someone is always just interrupting and shouting, trying to be the center of attention constantly, that's attention whoring, that's annoying, there's such a thing as it

yeah but bob, one man's trash is another man's treasure. boring is relative or in the eye of the beholder...or something. yeah.

g-mile7
06-20-2006, 12:10 PM
it just sad since the ones tossing that label are the one calling attention to something people might have notcied but wasn't bother enough to waste time to mention. Its not important, but yet people feel the need to try and bring someone down when they are not doing anything to affect anyone in a negative fashion.

It's like complaining your kids are watching too much violence on TV, simple answer=turn the TV off and regulate on yo kids. Same goes with this board: you dont like a certain person post or pictures= dont pay em no mind or just click out that thread quick. I mean its not like Cookie got a gun to yo head saying "peep my threads/post bitch or commit sucide right now!"....shoot:mad: FLAME ON!!

King of Rock $
06-20-2006, 12:11 PM
I got a question, why do people write more than 5 lines about subjects like this, and do other people really read these posts?

Thats 2 questions

cookiepuss
06-20-2006, 12:11 PM
wwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrddddddddddddddd!

kll
06-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Ha! Are you saying there would be a big difference?

Hmmm.... good point...

adam_f
06-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Robin Williams has been attention whoring for years, and he has an Oscar.

King of Rock $
06-20-2006, 12:13 PM
a tension whore

enree erzweglle
06-20-2006, 12:15 PM
I got a question, why do people write more than 5 lines about subjects like this, and do other people really read these posts?When I'm reading these boards, I read those types of posts nearly exclusively. The one-liner posts, especially the ones written by a particular few, I skip outright in the same way that they likely just skip [my] lengthy posts.

adam_f
06-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Name names.

King of Rock $
06-20-2006, 12:19 PM
When I'm reading these boards, I read those types of posts nearly exclusively. The one-liner posts, especially the ones written by a particular few, I skip outright in the same way that they likely just skip [my] lengthy posts.

Yeah I read longer posts but not when the subject is "the label "attention whore"" and people type titangraphs with many words and sentences and strong emotional undercurrents

fucktopgirl
06-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Yeah I read longer posts but not when the subject is "the label "attention whore"" and people type titangraphs with many words and sentences and strong emotional undercurrents

haha true enought, how ironic he!

Bob
06-20-2006, 12:36 PM
yeah but bob, one man's trash is another man's treasure. boring is relative or in the eye of the beholder...or something. yeah.

yeah, but certain stuff is just boring to everyone except the person telling about it. for example, see the thread i just made about stamps. i can get away with it because i'm incredibly charming but if anyone else had tried to make a thread about stamps it would have been attention whoring

cookiepuss
06-20-2006, 12:39 PM
lol. oh so charm is a big factor. ok so the people we call attention whores here, just aren't charming enough to get away with it. I get it now.(y) :p

g-mile7
06-20-2006, 12:40 PM

Least it's someone TRYING to be real. You don't like it, don't read it. The statements written more then likely ain't meant for you to begin with.

Lyman Zerga
06-20-2006, 12:45 PM
AM I AN ATTENTION WHHHORE??????

YES!!!!!!

DO I CARE???????

YES!!!!!!

I MEAN NO!!!!!!!!!

sercomdj01
06-20-2006, 12:46 PM
You don't need to toss with a whore.

Chicka B
06-20-2006, 12:46 PM
According to Bob I'm an attention whore. I reply to almost every thread I read, but I'm just trying to be nice to the thread starter. And I make boring threads, but not a lot of them. :(

kleptomaniac
06-20-2006, 12:57 PM
i don't think i'm an attention whore :/

but you know, enough about me, what about you?

....so what do you think of me?

g-mile7
06-20-2006, 12:59 PM
i don't think i'm an attention whore :/

but you know, enough about me, what about you?

....so what do you think of me?

Your so cool:)

Nuzzolese
06-20-2006, 01:09 PM
yeah, but certain stuff is just boring to everyone except the person telling about it. for example, see the thread i just made about stamps. i can get away with it because i'm incredibly charming but if anyone else had tried to make a thread about stamps it would have been attention whoring

So, you have to punch your weight.

Bob
06-20-2006, 01:10 PM
i don't know what that means

Nuzzolese
06-20-2006, 01:11 PM
It means fighting in your own weight class. Like a welter weight shouldn't enter a heavyweight fight, and he also shouldn't enter a flyweight contest.

Bob
06-20-2006, 01:14 PM
oh. yeah, i guess. except you're not really fighting anyone, you're just sort of doing it to yourself. it's more like, you have to beat your own meat.

you know, like in rocky

Nuzzolese
06-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Or, you have to catch your own chicken. Rocky did that too.

Bob
06-20-2006, 01:16 PM
you have to manipulate your own log

Nuzzolese
06-20-2006, 01:17 PM
It's not so much the weight of your log, but how you manipulate it.

Bob
06-20-2006, 01:19 PM
....i'm trying to think of ambiguous rambo references

Pres Zount
06-20-2006, 03:48 PM
What do we call you then? Just 'whore'?

cookiepuss
06-20-2006, 03:50 PM
hookers. we should just call eachother hookers.

zorra_chiflada
06-20-2006, 09:14 PM
yes, everyone wants attention. the way we go about it is the key thing though.

Kid Presentable
06-20-2006, 10:30 PM
yes, everyone wants attention. the way we go about it is the key thing though.
Yeah cause I got no bosom, man. So I can't influence shit.

zorra_chiflada
06-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah cause I got no bosom, man. So I can't influence shit.
we talk about home and away. :cool:

Sarky Devotchka
06-20-2006, 10:36 PM
LISTEN, I AIN'T NO WHORE!

in christ,
BERNIE MAC

p.s. this whole bernie mac thing really isn't making me giggle as much as it did a few days ago. :(

Kid Presentable
06-20-2006, 10:42 PM
LISTEN, I AIN'T NO WHORE!

in christ,
BERNIE MAC

p.s. this whole bernie mac thing really isn't making me giggle as much as it did a few days ago. :(
S'cool. It never made me giggle.(y)

jlees_mcsd
06-20-2006, 10:42 PM
I just want to make other people laugh so I try to funny not whorey. Is that even a word? Hum.

b i o n i c
06-20-2006, 10:43 PM
shut up ya buncha whores and continue on with yer lyrical orgies

Tzar
06-21-2006, 01:21 AM
AM I AN ATTENTION WHHHORE??????

YES!!!!!!

DO I CARE???????

YES!!!!!!

I MEAN NO!!!!!!!!!
Ignore my alias - I'll use this account for attention-whoring now. (!)

Lex Diamonds
06-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Attention whores are like regular whores: as long as there's neglected perverts around, they'll thrive like cancer.

jlees_mcsd
06-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Attention whores are like regular whores: as long as there's neglected perverts around, they'll thrive like cancer.

Why does it have to be 'perverts' that use whores?
*sniff-sniff*
I smell a debate cooking!!!!!!!!

SobaViolence
06-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Wonder here therefore combines a suggestion of emotional impact, concentrated in the specific tragic response of pity and fear, with an indication that the crucial constituents of the complex plot are to produce no emptily sensational effect, no mere coup de theatre, but the culmination of the comprehensible design of the action.

that's how you attention whore in university. thanks, Aristotle.(y)

jlees_mcsd
06-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Wonder here therefore combines a suggestion of emotional impact, concentrated in the specific tragic response of pity and fear, with an indication that the crucial constituents of the complex plot are to produce no emptily sensational effect, no mere coup de theatre, but the culmination of the comprehensible design of the action.

that's how you attention whore in university. thanks, Aristotle.(y)

LMAO :D

Vic Colfari
10-17-2007, 02:15 PM

Analysis shows that the adhesive used on Post-It notes is an acrylate polymer. Adhesive left behind will result in pages sticking together. Dirt will accumulate on the sticky surface, necessitating conservation treatment in order to remove it.

Bob
10-17-2007, 02:45 PM
i don't remember that thread about stamps but i bet it was pretty good

Waus
10-17-2007, 02:48 PM
http://macrochan.org/search.py?tag=Negative%3AAttention%20whore

cookiepuss
10-17-2007, 03:03 PM
now here's a thread......

that I completely forgot I made.:cool: