PDA

View Full Version : Folks in the States -- four-day weekend ahead?

abcdefz
06-27-2006, 02:47 PM
...if so, whatcha got going on?

beastiegirrl101
06-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Having lunch with Skye.

Bob
06-27-2006, 02:50 PM
i...don't know. is it a four day weekend?

i'm going to cape cod possibly for the weekend, to catch up with friends from college and get drunk on the beach. i'm looking forward to that.

is july 4th really a four day weekend? nobody told me that. i think we do get july 4th off, actually. i completely forgot.

my birthday is july 5th, but i'll be working all day.

beastiegirrl101
06-27-2006, 02:51 PM
everyone I know has Monday off except where I work...it's crap.

beastieangel01
06-27-2006, 02:53 PM
I get a 4 day weekend too, when I just had one for Vegas. :cool:

no idea what is happening this weekend though. I wish I could go back to Vegas. I'll probably just end up drunk on the beach.

Bob
06-27-2006, 02:54 PM
i just realized something, i think it's going to rain all weekend. new england is manic depressive this week. one second it's sunny, the next it's pouring, the next it's raining blood, it's nuts.

literally, i was driving home one day, i stop in at subway for lunch, and it's sunny. i step outside and it's gray. i get on the highway and it's pouring so hard that i'm practically sailing, and i can't see 10 feet in front of me. i get home and it's just overcast. it was supposed to rain today, it's been sunny all day. it's going to do this all week, they say.

i won't have my birthday weekend rained on (my friends don't know it's my birthday weekend yet, but they will)

Rock
06-27-2006, 02:54 PM
everyone I know has Monday off except where I work...it's crap.
Same here. What the fuck?

Bob
06-27-2006, 02:55 PM
I get a 4 day weekend too, when I just had one for Vegas. :cool:

no idea what is happening this weekend though. I wish I could go back to Vegas. I'll probably just end up drunk on the beach.

oh you poor thing

beastiegirrl101
06-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Same here. What the fuck?

call in sick....I took Fri-mon off.

coughcough.

abcdefz
06-27-2006, 02:58 PM
The four day weekend thing kinda sneaked up on me. No plans just yet. This was probably a bad time to start the new diet/exercise regime.

Rock
06-27-2006, 03:04 PM
call in sick....I took Fri-mon off.

coughcough.
That was the plan..but I'm actually sick today, so I probably won't be coming in tomorrow. Plus I took next friday off. I guess I shouldn't be bitching.

Deep_Sea_Rain
06-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Nothing planned as of yet. Except burning up in this damned heat wave :mad:

beastiegirrl101
06-27-2006, 03:05 PM
That was the plan..but I'm actually sick today, so I probably won't be coming in tomorrow. Plus I took next friday off. I guess I shouldn't be bitching.

its all beer, sex and breakin necks.

Waus
06-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Going to Younglife's 'Castaway' camp in Minnesota as a counselor for a week. Should be fun :D

GetYourWarOn
06-27-2006, 08:45 PM
im just gonna work while all the suckers "enjoy themselves" with their bbq's.

adam_f
06-28-2006, 11:11 AM
I'll probably go to Best Buy. So, you know. Yeah.

GetYourWarOn
06-28-2006, 11:20 AM
dude it'll be crowded

abcdefz
06-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Going to Younglife's 'Castaway' camp in Minnesota as a counselor for a week. Should be fun :D

I didn't know anybody here was a YoungLife counselor. We used to help out YoungLife quite a bit when I worked in Richmond -- always borrowing our vans and trailer and stuff.

Have fun. (y)

enree erzweglle
06-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Most everyone will be taking off next Monday so it's effectively a long weekend even though to get it, we have to use personal time. I think I'll come to work that day and enjoy the emptiness and quiet.

Otherwise, I plan to clean on the 4th. Whenever I'm facing stuff that's out of my control, seems that I deal with it via cleaning products--either stockpiling them or using the ones that I've stored up. After 9-11, I bought beaucoup laundry detergent. When Bush invaded Iraq, off-the-charts clorox. This time, it's been Murphy's oil soap and 20 Mule Team Borax, which I found in this old-style market near me and it took me far back in time. I enjoy it in general and certainly more than BBQing. :)

YoungRemy
06-28-2006, 12:47 PM
i got monday and tuesday off...
got a half day on friday ,too... I want to go to Boston, Philly, or Baltimore...

QueenAdrock
06-28-2006, 12:47 PM
I get home on July 2nd at night, and then was thinking of visiting my parents down in NC. They're moving this weekend and I still have another week or so before I pass my security clearance, so I figured why not. I be travelling like a mothafucka. :cool:

QueenAdrock
06-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Baltimore...

Aw, hell nah. There's nothing to do there. Except the inner harbor, which takes about 2 hours not including the aquarium.

Go to Philly or Boston.

kate
06-28-2006, 12:51 PM
there's me to do in baltimore.

come party with me diana:cool: i'll clear your security:cool:

QueenAdrock
06-28-2006, 01:02 PM
you know, I met up with and had sex with BA01 on the 4th of July 2004, so why don't I just make it a yearly thing to do board members that day?

Hawt. :cool:

beastieangel01
06-28-2006, 01:16 PM
you know, I met up with and had sex with BA01 on the 4th of July 2004, so why don't I just make it a yearly thing to do board members that day?

Hawt. :cool:

I want to make a return visit for hot sex :cool:

QueenAdrock
06-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Do it, mang! Lucas was telling me you'd need a durn good reason to come back, so how about I throw in some free nachos at happy hour too? :cool:

monkey
06-28-2006, 02:32 PM
im getting an emergency MRI on monday. that killed my weekend plans. :mad:

abcdefz
06-28-2006, 02:33 PM
im getting an emergency MRI on monday. that killed my weekend plans. :mad:

(n)

What's going on?

monkey
06-28-2006, 02:35 PM
same shit as always, my tumor is growing. im probably gonna have brain surgery by the end of the summer.

what sucks is that the doctors say: emergency MRI!!!! but they schedule it a week away. makes no sense to me.

abcdefz
06-28-2006, 02:40 PM
same shit as always, my tumor is growing. im probably gonna have brain surgery by the end of the summer.

Whoa. I didn't know anything about this.

Sorry, Pauli. I hope everything is/gets under control.

monkey
06-28-2006, 02:44 PM
oh i think i posted about it like a year or more ago. this is why ive started to hate the medical profession because out of all the doctors ive seen (and by goodness, ive seen way tooo many), most of them are clueless and they just try to give you certain drugs to hide the problem rather than fix it.

ive started taking things into my own hands in some respects and requesting better treatment. and im sick of letting this thing just stay there, and now my vision may be suffering. all because ive just been told to wait or take pills that have done more harm than good.

anyway, so 4th of july... i think im gonna try to convince people to go to the beach with me.

ggirlballa
06-28-2006, 02:50 PM
probally the beach and go to mexico(y)

Lyman Zerga
06-28-2006, 02:52 PM
wow it makes me sad to hear that, pauli

just good that youre such a strong and hot woman ;)

cosmo105
06-28-2006, 02:55 PM
pauli, if conventional medicine isn't doing it for you, you might want to look into this. (http://www.florahealth.com/Flora/Home/usa/Products/R68090_More.asp) i've had some amazing feedback on it, some life-changing stories. some people that have battled malignant tumors, even a woman whose doctor told her that ovarian cancer was going to take her life in under a year - come back completely devoid of any of it, to the point where their doctors were shocked by the results. if anything, it's worth a try.

enree erzweglle
06-28-2006, 03:42 PM

what sucks is that the doctors say: emergency MRI!!!! but they schedule it a week away. makes no sense to me.I am so sorry to hear that, Pauli. I didn't know that you were having those problems. :(

Here's what I hope happens: that you're well, that there will be a cancellation so that you can have that MRI even faster, and that the results show no absolutely sign of that tumor. Fingers crossed.

monkey
06-28-2006, 04:15 PM
thank you all:o lovely well wishes. im a little embarrassed though cause i hijacked the fun thread. so go back to it!!!!! grrrrrrr

[but your well wishes mean a lot to me, thanks]

YoungRemy
06-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Im going wherever the hot sex is...