PDA

View Full Version : new mars volta, 8/22

Bob
07-12-2006, 02:54 PM
got this in my email today

The Mars Volta returns with a fresh dose of epic rock n' roll on its third studio album, Amputechture. The eight-track set is due Aug. 22 via Universal and opens with the seven-minute "Vicarious Atonement," the closest the group has ever come to a ballad. The album then moves back to familiar expansive musical territory on the nearly 17-minute "Tetragrammaton," and also features two other tracks that clock in past the 11-minute mark, "Meccamputechture" and "Day of the Baphomets." The disc itself runs more than 76 minutes in length. In addition to contributions from Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante, "Amputechture" also features Paul Hinojos' first studio work with the Mars Volta since joining as a touring musician in 2005. Hinojos previously played with Mars Volta principals Cedric Bixler-Zavala and Omar Rodriguez-Lopez in At The Drive-In. - Billboard

i don't know, do we like the mars volta here? i'm interested, anyway

Next of Kin
07-12-2006, 04:25 PM
i don't know, do we like the mars volta here?

We sure do...

The new shit is tight as hell...Really looking forward to grab a copy...

Mr Films
07-12-2006, 04:36 PM
I just can't get into these dudes.

Documad
07-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Speaking of Floyd . . .

i don't know, do we like the mars volta here? i'm interested, anyway
I believe that we like Deloused in the Comatorium (sp?) better than their last CD. ;) And that live they don't live up to the hype. :confused:

Miho Mingu
07-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Alright, I'm going to stay optimistic when talking about bands--their debut, De-Loused was great, and then when the follow-up came out, I wasn't as thrilled, but to be fair, I hadn't listened to it thoroughly enough. The style wasn't what I expected of Frances The Mute. Maybe I'll appreciate it more if I give it more of a listen.

On this new album, I'll check it out. Admittedly, though, when it comes to rock bands, I don't like sitting through 10+ minute songs. There are some exceptions, of course.

In general, 10+ minute songs are fine by me, depending on the genre. Some long electronic-based songs are nice to listen to.

DroppinScience
07-13-2006, 12:47 AM
Funny, I wasn't aware a new one was coming soon. I'll have to check it out!

But I gotta say, I'd be more interested in a new Sparta album first...

The Notorious LOL
07-13-2006, 12:51 AM
De-loused bangs, Frances The Mute sucks.

Bob
07-13-2006, 08:33 AM
maybe i'm nuts, but i really like frances the mute. i love the 30+ minute final track. it drops a little in the middle, but it's segmented, so you can skip it.

The Notorious LOL
07-13-2006, 09:01 AM
you are nuts.

Next of Kin
07-13-2006, 09:09 AM
I like Frances aswell... I like the fact that these guys showed they could produce them selves and did not need Rick Rubin...De-Loused is really good but i think Frances is better...

jabumbo
07-13-2006, 09:23 AM
I believe that we like Deloused in the Comatorium (sp?) better than their last CD. ;) And that live they don't live up to the hype. :confused:

i think i am going to agree with this one

Tzar
07-13-2006, 09:31 AM
add mars volta to that list of 'bands you've wanted to like, but just can't" thread.

i do not see the epic-ness in their music. i just can't.

Bob
07-13-2006, 09:34 AM
you are nuts.

i dunno. 6 good 5 minute songs, or one good 30 minute song, i don't mind the difference.

i saw them live and it was great. frances the mute wasn't out yet, it was all deloused stuff, but they stretched it out to FtM proprotions. they played for an hour, but there were only 5 songs. somehow it didn't get boring, though

The Notorious LOL
07-13-2006, 09:39 AM
you are the only person I have ever heard say they are good live. Everyone else I know including fans of theirs are like "yah dey r radicool on cee-dee but when u see em live dey f'in sukk d00d lol! :D :("

Rip Round'n Roc
07-13-2006, 03:28 PM
l'via l'vasquez from franses the mute has the meanest guitar riff, too bad the song was all in spanish

at the drive in was one of the greatest indyrock band of all time

Bob
07-13-2006, 03:32 PM
l'via l'vasquez from franses the mute has the meanest guitar riff, too bad the song was all in spanish

the spanish didn't bother me, i never know what the hell the lyrics mean even when they're singing in english. but yeah, i agree, i love that song. probably my favorite one.

afronaut
07-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Hmm. I have the new one on my computer if any of you fags want it. Just IM me on something, my sn info is in my profile.

Reginald
07-22-2006, 06:45 PM
De-loused bangs, Frances The Mute sucks.
I concur.

Bob
07-24-2006, 08:41 AM
Hmm. I have the new one on my computer if any of you fags want it. Just IM me on something, my sn info is in my profile.

i can't get on the internet at home and i don't want to pirate music at work, so i can't get it from you, but have you listened to it? how is it?

DIGI
07-24-2006, 08:45 AM
A girl I work with just gave me a copy. I'll let you know.

DIGI
07-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Well, since Im at work, I can't really spike the volume for full effect, but from what I gather, it sounds kinda boring and weak. :(

Extra Cheese
07-24-2006, 11:28 AM
this band should die already.

DroppinScience
07-24-2006, 11:32 AM
this band should die already.

Or maybe get At The Drive-In back together. But then again, I'd still want Sparta together.

Next of Kin
07-24-2006, 11:47 AM
I think the new stuff is pretty cool...a blend between the first to albums...
Why would you guys rather have something like the old things instead of something new...

DIGI
07-24-2006, 11:53 AM
I think the new stuff is pretty cool...a blend between the first to albums...
Why would you guys rather have something like the old things instead of something new...

Something new? Dude, Pink Floyd's been around for decades.

Next of Kin
07-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Something new? Dude, Pink Floyd's been around for decades.

Well Dude this aint bout Pink Floyd...And i now what you mean and its fair if you do not like the new album ...The question was more for the people that rather wanted the sound of Deloused or ATDI wich is history

afronaut
07-24-2006, 12:13 PM
i can't get on the internet at home and i don't want to pirate music at work, so i can't get it from you, but have you listened to it? how is it?
I listened to it once or twice and I kind of forgot how it was.... I suppose that isn't really a good sign though. I remember one or two pretty bangin tracks though. I've never heard Francis, but the people who have and have heard this as well say that it's more immediate and they've gotten rid of the overt ambience and such of Frances.

DIGI
07-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Well Dude this aint bout Pink Floyd...And i now what you mean and its fair if you do not like the new album ...The question was more for the people that rather wanted the sound of Deloused or ATDI wich is history

It's not that I dont like it. I just got it today and have been listening to it at work. I'll listen to it after work at a decent volume for a fair assessment, but fom what I gather it's in the same vein as Frances. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I just fucking hate having to explain to people "Dude, track 4 fuckin rocks. Wait, actually it's like the third song on track 4. Just FF through the 12 minute hippie jam bullshit and you'll see." Fuck all that noise, Jack.

Bob
07-24-2006, 04:46 PM
It's not that I dont like it. I just got it today and have been listening to it at work. I'll listen to it after work at a decent volume for a fair assessment, but fom what I gather it's in the same vein as Frances. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I just fucking hate having to explain to people "Dude, track 4 fuckin rocks. Wait, actually it's like the third song on track 4. Just FF through the 12 minute hippie jam bullshit and you'll see." Fuck all that noise, Jack.

haha, yeah. track 4 does rock, but it takes 4 minutes for the song to kick in, it's annoying. it's like rap skits, only somehow lamer.

less ambience would be a good thing.

Next of Kin
07-24-2006, 06:32 PM
We don't like Mars Volta here! They suck big donkey balls! All of you who like them are idiots!!!

Hey hey cheese muffin...cool down...

ericlee
07-24-2006, 06:54 PM
gotta love shit stirrer uppers.

korn_phr33k
07-24-2006, 06:55 PM
they must be very bored.

anyways to stay on topic, i dont know anything about their new album. i liked their first one though, second one i didnt buy. the end.

ericlee
07-24-2006, 07:01 PM
No, I'm just smarter than you, you dick!

nice 'plumber' avatar.

korn_phr33k
07-24-2006, 07:02 PM
No, I'm just smarter than you, you dick!

if by "smarter than me" you mean "acting like a jackass" then yes you're a fucking GENIUS.

Next of Kin
07-24-2006, 07:10 PM
No YOU calm down, you pussy!

Mars Volta are a joke! Get it in your fucking head!

im calm...youre not...whats up with the emo attitude ?

Next of Kin
07-24-2006, 07:40 PM
damn youre funny...:D i feel emo sorry for you

Next of Kin
07-24-2006, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE= I'm not being smart here. I just really like to see write a complete sentence. C'mon, don't be shy![/QUOTE]

I like to see write a complete sentence too hahahaha...

Next of Kin
07-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Hahahaha. You fell for it, dumbass. I knew you couldn't make one, so I let you squirm out of it by qouting an obvious mistake of mine.

Well i like to see you talk my language mr 666...du er da en javla fu foen til mog unge...

Bob
10-04-2006, 06:33 PM
so yeah i'm not really feeling this one. i think i've listened to it about 4 times and i'm still not getting it. it's like, if you take all the boring parts of all their songs, and you make an album out of it, that's sort of my impression of it at this point :(

i'm not giving up though! i am determined to like it, damn it

afronaut
10-04-2006, 07:03 PM
THE KIOSK IN MY TEMPORAL LOBE LOOKS LIKE ROSALYN CARTER!