PDA

View Full Version : we really are a bunch of nerds.

beastieangel01
07-21-2006, 11:16 AM
and I feel really silly and mushy saying this but I love that we are all nerds and actually hang out in real life from time to time.

However, if I were on the outside I'd shake my head at all of us and laugh, though. :p

Bob
07-21-2006, 11:19 AM
i've built a comfortable little universe here. i'd like to think that if i met any of you in real life i'd have things to say, but i don't know

Qdrop
07-21-2006, 11:20 AM
dude, i am so embarrassed about this fuckin message board hobby of mine.

i have like 11,000+ posts.

my buddy comes on beastieboys.com once in a while and checks out the message board....
the other day he was like "yeah, i went on there to check it out....you have...ALOT of posts man...wow...."

"uh..yeah...it's like...what i do to kill time...eh..hahahah...eh..."

what do you say?
"yeah, i'm a hardcore nerd...please mock me."

Bob
07-21-2006, 11:21 AM
i try not to tell people about this place

Qdrop
07-21-2006, 11:22 AM
i've built a comfortable little universe here. i'd like to think that if i met any of you in real life i'd have things to say, but i don't know

bob, you are one of like..i dunno...3 people on here that i would probably meet up with for a beer.

this makes you VERY cool.

miss soul fire
07-21-2006, 11:25 AM
i try not to tell people about this place
Do you succeed?

I say that I've met some crazy foreign people online through BAND's sites and that's pretty much it.:p

beastieangel01
07-21-2006, 11:30 AM
yeah I'm probably still feeling left over tipsy-ness from last night so don't mind the e-hugs.

I used to be embarrassed about posting here but I've been doing it since I was 15, so it doesn't embarrass me anymore. Maybe it should, but all my friends already know that I'm a nerd anyway.

Dorothy Wood
07-21-2006, 11:35 AM
last night I went with a few friends for late night mexican food and they were asking for an update and to clarify what happened with my roommate. they were like, "wait, how did she find what you wrote? who was it to?" and I was like, "uhh, nobody you know, people in in...like michigan, and other places back there". ha ha. and cordo snorted out her sour cream. no, not really, she's a good actress, she played it cool.

tracky
07-21-2006, 11:35 AM
I <3 U ALL TOO

But I can totally see what you're saying there, I would probably mock us too, if this place hadn't become a part of my life. when I look back in 20 years time, I'll remember fondly the times I spent here. Shit I'll probably still be posting here then :eek:

abcdefz
07-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Do you succeed?

I say that I've met some crazy foreign people online through BAND's sites and that's pretty much it.:p

...yeah; I say "...from this music board where I post." And most people just automatically assume it's StarlandVocalBand.com and don't try to follow me there. (y)

Dorothy Wood
07-21-2006, 11:38 AM
I should tell people I post on the falloutboy messageboard. for the irony of it. because my friends are elitist indie rockers of the older variety that wear earthtones and don't have piercings and listen to fleetwood mac and it's hard to explain.

beastieangel01
07-21-2006, 11:49 AM
yeah there are a ton of board couples. That isn't surprising. Nor is it a big deal to anyone that knows about this place, ha.

I'd mock us all so hard if I weren't apart of this :mad:

Dorothy Wood
07-21-2006, 11:50 AM
it sure isn't, I met my girlfriend on here too!

Rock
07-21-2006, 12:08 PM
When referencing a topic or joke or saying or whathaveyou, i just say "One of the geek boards I go to."
I don't really feel nerdy about it though. I get some good links and pics from here. People make me laugh. So it can't be all that bad right?
And I do about 95% of my posting here at work. Rarely from home. Thats crossing the line for me.

Qdrop
07-21-2006, 12:12 PM
When referencing a topic or joke or saying or whathaveyou, i just say "One of the geek boards I go to."

yeah, if i am ever retelling a story or topic that i read on her....i always just kinda preface with "i was talking to some people on the internet or whatever and they were saying..."

Qdrop
07-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Who would the lucky 3 be Q,

probably bob, echewta...that might be it. maybe mike.

not that we would automatically get along smashingly or anything...but just because they'd be very few that really wouldn't care about the "qdrop persona" or whatever...or bring up my posting habits, or try to rile me up or whatever...
they really wouldn't give shit.
it'd be conversation with no pre-concieved conceptions.

everyone else would be "HAHHAHHA IT'S QDROP....LET'S SEE YOU ARGUE NOW, Q!! HAHAHAHA... COME ON..GET IN A FIGHT...HAHAH....YOU'RE NOT TOUGH!..." trying to defrock me and shit....or would probably stare at me tentatively...like i was a bomb about to go off.

bigblu89
07-21-2006, 12:22 PM
I just like that fact that we all convers together, but if this was real life, I probably wouldn't talk to any of you.

More becasue you'd all think of me as the big goofy jock guy from High School that you hated.

ericlee
07-21-2006, 12:24 PM
If I were to actually meet any of you, I wouldn't talk at all. I'd just bring my laptop and type everything I say via this m.b. and let you read it.

I dunno, maybe it's because I still haven't mastered how to say STFU properly.

Qdrop
07-21-2006, 12:25 PM
is it horrible that I come to this site to find out everything from what's going on in the middle east to when the new ghostface record is dropping and what people are saying about new bands?

that's actually the main draw for me....
i like that aspect of this board.

Qdrop
07-21-2006, 12:28 PM
LOOK AT THE QDROP, LOOK AT HIM. hahahahaaa.

I personally would pay money to see you and Ace42 meet in real life. Or You and CMute.

i would literally beat the fuckin shit out of Ace if i met him...
according to Peachy, he's pretty much the same way in real life...
while i barely resemble my ranting and raving persona on here...

me and Cmute.
we really wouldn't have much to talk about...but i'm sure we'd get along fine.

i'd get along with most people on here...

if 98% of the people from this board met me, they'd refuse to believe that i'm Qdrop.

Dorothy Wood
07-21-2006, 12:31 PM
I refuse to believe you're qdrop now.

Qdrop
07-21-2006, 12:32 PM
I refuse to believe you're qdrop now.

i'm an enigma.
wrapped in a mystery.
with buffalo sauce.

Bob
07-21-2006, 12:34 PM
i'm a tornado
wrapped in a hurricane
nestled in a box of tsunamis

Randetica
07-21-2006, 12:39 PM
the word persona starts to annoy me (!)

Dorothy Wood
07-21-2006, 12:43 PM
i'm an enigma.
wrapped in a mystery.
with buffalo sauce.

oh, I thought you were a dick, wrapped in ass, dipped in douche.

:eek:

beastiegirrl101
07-21-2006, 12:45 PM
bob, you are one of like..i dunno...3 people on here that i would probably meet up with for a beer.

this makes you VERY cool.

not 6 hours worthy. :(

Qdrop
07-21-2006, 12:48 PM

i thought you were just a frumpy slut.

Dorothy Wood
07-21-2006, 12:50 PM
i thought you were just a frumpy slut.

but now you realize that I'm a sexy celibate.

steve-onpoint
07-21-2006, 12:53 PM
dude, i am so embarrassed about this fuckin message board hobby of mine.

i have like 11,000+ posts.

11,671 to be exact :p

steve-onpoint
07-21-2006, 12:54 PM
it sure isn't, I met my girlfriend on here too!

What was that like?

Dorothy Wood
07-21-2006, 12:57 PM
What was that like?

exotic, erotic.

cosmo105
07-21-2006, 01:16 PM

hahaha. i'm totally using that one.

i try not to think about what place in my life this board has too much. i doubt i'd still be on here so much if not for steger. i think we're going to tell our kids we met on adultfriendfinder.com or something else more respectable than here.

na§tee
07-21-2006, 01:51 PM
yes. i <3 n3rds.
i wish i got to see one of you guys though. :(

steve-onpoint
07-21-2006, 01:58 PM
exotic, erotic.

fun, fun.

steve-onpoint
07-21-2006, 01:58 PM
yes. i <3 n3rds.
i wish i got to see one of you guys though. :(

Never! Mwah-ha-ha-ha!

Miho Mingu
07-22-2006, 12:01 AM
eh, nerds--that's a little too harsh. forums aren't anything to be ashamed about. sure, there are lots of weird topics discussed here, but it's only nerdy if you let it be--like the countless amount of drama episodes this place has.

i think many of you are good-natured people, but the outer-shells that you display on here probably don't match your actual personalities.

the problem can be, when forums get big enough, and have many posters typing at once, wanting others to like them, which is not a bad thing--it creates an overflow of content, and many people who would like to be liked by others, and make new acquaintances, get pushed to the curve, and generally unnoticed.

that's why i was talking about on another thread, that IRC is the perfect medium for anybody to get noticed, and make internet buddies. there are endless possibilities on there. you don't have to stay on the chat everyone is advertising--you can create your own chat on the server, and invite others. the benefit being, that it's a nice program to talk to each other, with less aggravations.

anyway, i realize the word "nerd" isn't meant as a harsh insult, but i believe you can maintain your dignity online just as you do offline. it's all in a state of mind.

Gareth
07-22-2006, 12:26 AM
...I can totally see what you're saying there, I would probably mock us too, if this place hadn't become a part of my life. when I look back in 20 years time, I'll remember fondly the times I spent here.

sad but true

QueenAdrock
07-22-2006, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I get mocked but I know my friends would love this place just as much. Just like when I was one of the first to join myspace. NOW look at them!

Gareth
07-22-2006, 01:05 AM
my internet life is generally kept secret from my friends.
except from friends who are just as nerdy, if not more so...those friends and i all go on the same message board anyway [not this one]

Lex Diamonds
07-22-2006, 05:43 AM
Wow, this is a wonderful and original idea for a thread. (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=68649)

beastieangel01
07-22-2006, 11:52 AM
mine wasn't so much about the post count, it was more about the fact that we hang out in real life on a regular basis.

duh.

alexandra
07-22-2006, 12:51 PM
meh

this is our e-destiny.

yeahwho
07-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Wow, this is a wonderful and original idea for a thread. (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=68649)

I totally thought this was your thread going to page 2, I guess that makes me nerdx2

skra75
07-25-2006, 11:54 AM
I met some other cool nerds this weekend in San Diego. Even in the airport.

We all crowded around this guys laptop trying to figure out how to make the white in a layer in photoshop go to transluscent without sacrificing the opacity of the dark lineart.

While drunk, it rocked.

I'm finding that it is simply more fun to hang out with nerds, we're better.