PDA

View Full Version : the ignorance of the assholes in this country never ceases to amaze me

cosmo105
07-27-2006, 01:18 AM
i had just left the gym, and was about a mile and a half away from home when a Lexus full of meatheads pulled up beside me and started yelling something. it seemed like they were saying stuff to the car behind them, because i noticed arms waving in both cars out of the windows. i heard someone shout "myoplex!" which made me :rolleyes: because that usually = weightlifter meathead. then they pulled up next to me and kept motioning and saying, ey, come 'ere, which i'm used to. guys do that, they're idiots.

then i realized they weren't shouting come-ons. one of them screamed, "democrat piece of shit!" and another yelled "republicans all the way!" that made me :rolleyes: even more. i mean, i've gotten some crap for my bumper stickers before - once someone slashed my tires in a parking lot full of other cars, and i can only assume they chose mine because of my stickers. it's not like they're that inflammatory. all i have is one that says "do something good for the environment - plant Bush back in texas!", one that says, "a village in texas is missing its idiot," and another that says simply "war is not the answer." i also have that magnetic ribbon that's in a knot that says "untangle our troops." along with my "promote random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty" sticker, i'm a real unpatriotic sonofabitch :rolleyes:. so i thought i should roll my window up, but i didn't even want to do that, i tired to ignore them so much. i should have.

they kept following me light to light, shouting things. the worst (and the stupidest) was "go back to your own country!" that made me laugh to myself. uh, right. and then they ended with "and don't talk about our president like that." i was halfway between confused and angry, and i was just plain shocked for the most part. but they kept right up next to me, driving fast and then slow to keep up with me, and finally i was sick of it. i got behind them at a light and inched as close as i could, and with my best disapproving mom face, blared the horn. one of them got out from the back, and shouted, "the fuck are you doing, it's a red light?" and people in other cars started staring. one of the guys in the car was shrugging, saying something along the lines of i don't know what this crazy bitch's problem is, and i was so mad. i tried to remember their license plate, but i was so angry and so upset that i was kind of in shock. finally at the light the guy that got out walked toward my car and shouted, "I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!" and spat at my car.

i gasped, stunned, and drove to the farthest lane away. they kept following me until finally i lost them at a light and went down a back road.

it was awful. i immediately started sobbing.

i hope those four fuckheads are happy. they made a 22-year-old on her way home from gym, about to get her anniversary present ready for her boyfriend, listening to a mix cd she made him - drive home and sob into his arms and cry in the shower.

ggirlballa
07-27-2006, 01:23 AM
:eek:

The Notorious LOL
07-27-2006, 01:24 AM
considering how gung ho stupid people are these days, I would not display anything on my person that shows my political affiliation.

Miho Mingu
07-27-2006, 01:27 AM
That is terrible. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I really hate having to deal with imbeciles like that in public myself - that is one reason why going out sucks.

cosmo105
07-27-2006, 01:30 AM
considering how gung ho stupid people are these days, I would not display anything on my person that shows my political affiliation.
for a minute i considered taking down my stickers...you'd think that in southern california, i wouldn't have to worry about this kind of thing. but screw it. it's my damn car and i can do what i want with it.

it just sucks. i'm worried that maybe i'll get really scared of going that way to the gym now or something...that sort of thing shakes me up for days.

:(

Loppfessor
07-27-2006, 01:34 AM
i hope those four fuckheads are happy. they made a 22-year-old on her way home from gym, about to get her anniversary present ready for her boyfriend, listening to a mix cd she made him - drive home and sob into his arms and cry in the shower.

I'm sure they would be if you had bothered to tell them that part....how inconsiderate

Waus
07-27-2006, 01:43 AM
some people.

Sorry cos.

zorra_chiflada
07-27-2006, 02:00 AM
oh god, if that was me i would have been LIVID on the verge of murderous. people like that don't deserve oxygen. sorry cosmo that you had to go through that. hopefully their houses will burn down or something.

ms.peachy
07-27-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm sorry that happened to you cosmo. :(

Pres Zount
07-27-2006, 03:39 AM
You should buy a gun and next time they do it just wave it at them, like "Uh-uh, I have a gun"

EDIT: On second thoughts you are probably a no gun hippie person, judging from your bumper stickers.

GuzzO
07-27-2006, 03:48 AM
keep cool man!
just ignore this pieces of shit...
hey! do you want a sticker saying: "vote for Chirac" or "French are right!"
;) :D

na§tee
07-27-2006, 03:50 AM
(n) not cool. hope you feel better now.

as i have said before about needless situations like these; what exactly are they trying to achieve? would they be pleased if you got out of your car and offered to punch their faces in? or, probably, are they just more satisfied by the fact that they have made someone horribly upset for a few hours because of her car accessories? assholes.

you know, i believe in karma, and good things happen to good people.
you can't treat people like that, and one day they will crash slap bang into this reality. probably in prison.

Tzar
07-27-2006, 06:10 AM
what a bunch of fucking cunts. real fuckin' tough. i get it alot on my push-bike. a commo full of fat bogans yelling "fucking bike!" as they drive past... not as crazy as your incident but i hear ya.

btw, off-topic, did you always gets random days each week of the driest, crackliest lips ever when you had your lip ring? :confused:

enree erzweglle
07-27-2006, 06:16 AM
It's scary and sad when people do stuff like that. :(

I hope after some time passed that you were able to put it aside and enjoy your anniversary time together and that you both had a blast with that mix CD.

kaiser soze
07-27-2006, 07:07 AM
that's bush's base for ya, fucking meathead nazi wannabes

forget about them, they're not worth your braincells

hope your anniversary made you feel better

Randetica
07-27-2006, 07:30 AM
assholes indeed (n)

i watched 'giant' a short time ago
ummm nuff said

monkey
07-27-2006, 07:49 AM
you know what i like to do when assholes bug me while i drive... i call the cops on them. i call 911, give them the license plate and the corner where i last saw them, and tell them theyre driving erratically "like they're drunk or something", then i casually mention that they also yelled at me or did whatever it was that bugged me.

of course, i only do this in extreme asshole situation, like if they almost kill you while driving.

sorry about what happened to you :(

Lex Diamonds
07-27-2006, 07:56 AM
You should buy a gun and next time they do it just wave it at them, like "Uh-uh, I have a gun"

EDIT: On second thoughts you are probably a no gun hippie person, judging from your bumper stickers.
I was going to say that. People like that deserve to be shot. And how awesome would it have been to stand over them as they bled to death and say something badass like "say goodbye to Hollywood, asshole" before shooting him right in the teeth and watching him choke on them. (y)

Pres Zount
07-27-2006, 08:03 AM
haha

You could even pepper their car with a hail of lethal bullets from your Ak, then they would veer up a ramp and flip - then explode killing the occupants instantly, except for the driver who you stand over and shoot his teeth out.

enree erzweglle
07-27-2006, 08:03 AM
I'm sorry to hear this cosmo. I am trying to calm down right now, becuase this pisses me off to no end. Four guys, one girl? They should be ashamed of themselves. How can they good about what they've done? Fuckers. Cunts. Assholes.

Please remember three things if this happens again:

1. Tell them "This is America, like it or leave it."
2. Tell them "Jesus loves you."
3. If this ever happens while you're in Houston, call me.:mad:

Fuckers. Cunts. Assholes.Bet those guys, outside of their car, wouldn't have said anything to her. The car insulated them and made it easier for them to be assy. Also bet that any one of them alone wouldn't have done it either--mob mentality. I wouldn't have said anything to them, not a single word. I might look and smile and I have done this when I've been in similar situations but I don't engage them or acknowledge what they've said. It's what they want, the reaction and to know that they got to me on some level.

When guys do stuff like that or if they make a very directed, pointed catcall-y sort of a proposition and if I ignore them, then they escalate it and will make a much more graphic and lewd comment/proposition/observation and then they'll laugh among themselves and then they'll move on. It's a nearly textbook reaction among guys who do this stuff and 9 times out of 10, they do it from inside of a car. The ones who are alone in the car who do that stuff or who follow you--they're the ones who really scare me.

b i o n i c
07-27-2006, 08:06 AM
thats enfuriating until you realize that people who would act that way are just really dumb. what would you do if a tried to give you a hard time? you'd probably chuckle to yourself pat the slobbering thing on the back and give it a smooch on the cheek. like dealing with a belligerent retarded person or an angry old geezer, ya cant help but just have sympathy for their patheticness – blow ‘em a kiss and leave them to their pathetic simple ways. that or throw some m80s into their window and haul some ass

Qdrop
07-27-2006, 08:07 AM
get a paintball gun.

it won't kill them...but it will send them fuckin sprawling....fuck up thier car too.

this is why i drive around with a baseball bat in my car and a blade.
fucking psyho meatheads who need to get thier knees torn up.

JimmyTheScumbag
07-27-2006, 08:17 AM
Did you get a plate number? If you did, bribe a cop to get the address. Go there and put bologna in the shape of a swastika on the hood of the car. Or you can just bludgeon them in their sleep.

Karma is a bitch and they will get what they deserve.

Rock
07-27-2006, 08:24 AM
get a paintball gun.

it won't kill them...but it will send them fuckin sprawling....fuck up thier car too.

yeah thats probably not a good idea. i know someone that threw a lugnut at someones car and got charged with assault. true story. he actually had to do time for it too.

sucky situation. unfortunately it sounds like they won since it fucked with you so bad. next time, just ignore it. or do what pauli said, call the cops.

Dr Deaf
07-27-2006, 08:25 AM
that blows, sorry to hear about this.

for the most part i'm a pretty chill dude, i've felt myself getting angry, but never really blown a fuse, yet. i'm dreading that day. call the cops and send body bags, lots of body bags.

i had an incident with some thug type fella at the light the other week. the thing is: this dude was in FRONT of me. i had just woke up and picked beth up at work. i had a bit of a snarl on my face (complete with pillow lines) and wasn't looking anywhere in particular. i catch this dude staring at me in his DS mirror. so i stared back. then he does the "wtf hands thing" and puts his truck in reverse, with no where to go. the rest of the way down the road he just keeps eyeballing me.

every week i read about people getting jacked for their bikes / cash / cellie. i have to admit, i'm a little concerned about being a target. crack heads pistol whipping deaf kids for $50 bikes and prepaid phones is an unfortunate sign o' the times.

some people just look for trouble outta sheer boredom or frustration.

keep your head up.

Documad
07-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Bet those guys, outside of their car, wouldn't have said anything to her. The car insulated them and made it easier for them to be assy. Also bet that any one of them alone wouldn't have done it either--mob mentality. I wouldn't have said anything to them, not a single word. I might look and smile and I have done this when I've been in similar situations but I don't engage them or acknowledge what they've said. It's what they want, the reaction and to know that they got to me on some level.

This is so true. There's nothing as dangerous as a bunch of guys in a car. They egg each other on and do things that none of them would do individually.

I generally refuse to look at them, but I make an obvious point of picking up my cell phone and looking at their license plate. I do this in an exaggerated manner. I have never actually made a call because they always peal away when I do that. I used to have a "support our troops" magnetic ribbon that I put next to my democrat-supporting political stickers just to needle people. I have to use my car a lot for work this summer so I had to take the stickers off.

The hardest part of what cosmo went through for me was that she obviously got it worse than I would have in the same circumstances due to her age and appearance. That breaks my heart.

Qdrop
07-27-2006, 09:10 AM
yeah thats probably not a good idea. i know someone that threw a lugnut at someones car and got charged with assault. true story. he actually had to do time for it too.

they gotta catch you first.

i really don't give a fuck....
if someone starts giving me shit in traffic and really wants to bully, and makes me feel truly endangered...i'll just slam on the emergency brake, take off my seatbelt, and step out with a bat in my hand...
that'll send about 80% of them peeling away...very few actually want physical confrontation...they want to stay safe in thier car.
if not...well...hopefully i'll be angry and quick enough to not get MY ass pummelled instead.
or shot.

Qdrop
07-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Screw using a bat, you should use that "shotgun".

aahh....yeah, carry a shotgun in my car.
my marriage would work real well with me behind glass.

wanton wench
07-27-2006, 09:14 AM
do they go to your gym? sugar in a gas tank does wonderful things but so does karma.

sorry this happened to you.

Qdrop
07-27-2006, 09:16 AM
sugar in a gas tank does wonderful things

urban myth.
sugar really doesn't do anything.
you'd have throw about 5 bags of it into the tank to do anything.

thank you, MythBusters (Discovery Channel)

kll
07-27-2006, 09:23 AM
so, i'm going to assume their tactics worked and you're going to re-register as a republican?

wanton wench
07-27-2006, 09:25 AM
urban myth.
sugar really doesn't do anything.
you'd have throw about 5 bags of it into the tank to do anything.

thank you, MythBusters (Discovery Channel)
really? i've always heard that it clogs the whole system. what about sand? i've heard anything gritty in your gas tank totally fucks up your car.

Qdrop
07-27-2006, 09:44 AM
really? i've always heard that it clogs the whole system. what about sand? i've heard anything gritty in your gas tank totally fucks up your car.

from the website:

Myth or Fact? MythBusters Quiz
YOU'RE CORRECT!

The correct answer is false. Revenge is sweet, they say. And what better way to exact sweet revenge than to ruin someone's car with a bag of sugar? If you empty the bag into the gas tank, the sugar will make its way into the engine, caramelize from the heat, and then harden like rock candy once the car cools down, effectively destroying the engine ... right?

Wrong.

Sugar does not dissolve in gasoline, and filters prevent any solids in the fuel from getting into the engine, so it is likely to remain intact in the gas tank. The only harm you can hope to inflict by putting sugar in someone's gas tank is the inconvenience of a trip to the mechanic to replace the fuel filters and clean out the tank.

Documad
07-27-2006, 09:47 AM
they gotta catch you first.

i really don't give a fuck....
if someone starts giving me shit in traffic and really wants to bully, and makes me feel truly endangered...i'll just slam on the emergency brake, take off my seatbelt, and step out with a bat in my hand...
that'll send about 80% of them peeling away...very few actually want physical confrontation...they want to stay safe in thier car.
if not...well...hopefully i'll be angry and quick enough to not get MY ass pummelled instead.
or shot.
and then you'll be the one going to jail.

you have a duty to back down instead of escalating.

g-mile7
07-27-2006, 09:49 AM
There is ignorance wherever man lies his/her head sadly:(

Qdrop
07-27-2006, 09:51 AM
and then you'll be the one going to jail.

you have a duty to back down instead of escalating.

legally yes...

but dammit....men have pride and ego's to protect.
and if Jenny is in the car...i don't want to her to feel like her man can't protect her and stand up for her....
there are things at play other than legalities...
primative things, yes....but very real and very legitimate.

Knuckles
07-27-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm sorry to hear abouth this Cos. (n)

I just don't understand people who do this type of thing. What are they trying to accomplish?

Echewta
07-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Were they meatheads or "Glendale" meatheads?

beastieangel01
07-27-2006, 10:21 AM
jesus christ. I'm sorry, Jess. It's too bad you didn't remember the license plate, but alas. I'm just happy that you are safe.

enree erzweglle
07-27-2006, 10:22 AM
legally yes...

and if Jenny is in the car...i don't want to her to feel like her man can't protect her and stand up for her....
primative things, yes....but very real and very legitimate.Where's that post about the bat in your house? You could just keep that cat in the car for such times.

Qdrop
07-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Where's that post about the bat in your house? You could just keep that cat in the car for such times.

oh silly enree...

Echewta
07-27-2006, 10:37 AM
When Heiress, Cosmo, Boom'n, and others went out a few weekends ago, we stopped at the 7-11 near the Cosoom'n residence. My girlfriend stayed in her car while everyone else went in. Within the 5 minutes, about 30 cars pulled up, meatheads galore came out, two guys started fighting, it was broken up, and everyone left. I happened to catch the end of it because i came out first and noticed guys with no shirts on getting back into their cars. Glendale is a nice area but there are some serious pinheads with too much rage that just cruise around looking for trouble. I hate Glenoaks Blvd. for that very reason.

g-mile7
07-27-2006, 10:54 AM
When Heiress, Cosmo, Boom'n, and others went out a few weekends ago, we stopped at the 7-11 near the Cosoom'n residence. My girlfriend stayed in her car while everyone else went in. Within the 5 minutes, about 30 cars pulled up, meatheads galore came out, two guys started fighting, it was broken up, and everyone left. I happened to catch the end of it because i came out first and noticed guys with no shirts on getting back into their cars. Glendale is a nice area but there are some serious pinheads with too much rage that just cruise around looking for trouble. I hate Glenoaks Blvd. for that very reason.

Never been down to SoCal but from what I can tell from that area it very simlar to up in these parts (middle class suburbs with pacthes of ghetto/high end) and let me tell you (Auton can voach) same type of shit goes on here.

I'm playing Tennis (yes thats right I can play a lil bit and I heard the rich girls love it ;) ) with two home girls of mind late at night at the locla JC out here and theres a main road that is right above the courts (so drivers can see a bunch of people playing Tennis and what have you) and at least one of the three guys yell "You guys fucking suck!"....so I yell back at them cursing and what have you, punks didnt evben come back which brings the points, most people just do that shit either cause they are:

A: Bored and have a sad life
B: Just trying to act hard

Now see the people that messed with you Cozzie are lucky and thats what's so fascinating about people lkike this. They never once took into account that you could be crazy or something and have a gun in your car. Either people are getting more braver or they are getting more stupid. I prefer the latter of the two.

I mean I'm chilling in Wal-Mart (and I think I've posted this before) with my little brother waiting on my mother. We are in-between the walk way path between Wal-Mart and the outside world and 3 guys white guys (all taller then me have you) walk by. One who had a Yankees cap on then proceeds to tell his homie (who is white) that he is "such a fucking Nigger". No mind you I dont trip out bout shit like that but it was the fact when I turned around and asked my 14 year old brother "did he just call that kid a fucking nigger?" the kid ends up turning around when he gets outside and sees who said the word infront of (2 black kids) and proceeds to laugh.

Now I know he didnt call me one, but the fact that he said this and proceeded to laugh about it showed me such ignorance (and not to mention this was on my other little brothers birthday which he shares with Martin Luther King Jr...yep Jan 15th) made me pissed. I ran outside yelled at these rich ass bastards jump into their tricked out Truck, trying to get thewse people come back (since I wasnt stupid enough to run into their trap), yelling shit too like "yea that right all you rich kids the same, talk shit and then run away" "all that money and shit and you can get no decent rims" "And I'm a Red Sox fan" (which is not really true)....but all they did was laugh.

People just don't care really, and they are stupid. Just have to stand up to that shit and keep doing you which mean keeping your stickers and what not, and hoping that next time they run into you or anybody else they think fit the mold off looks of "easy pickings" dont regualte on their asses. Those type of kids need a lesson on the real.

Echewta
07-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Its a bit different in Glendale. These guys travel in packs and will usually do something. Its best to let them be because you yell at one, 50 more will show up which means there will be a few who WILL do something.

g-mile7
07-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Its a bit different in Glendale. These guys travel in packs and will usually do something. Its best to let them be because you yell at one, 50 more will show up which means there will be a few who WILL do something.

Not that much diffrent from this statement.....it's never one on one its always the possbility of one on 10 with the 11th guy being the one who started the junk with you.

steve-onpoint
07-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Sounds like a rough day, Cosmo. Hey, they know not what they do?? :o It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only person who gets that treatment every now and then.

Bob
07-27-2006, 11:13 AM
so, i'm going to assume their tactics worked and you're going to re-register as a republican?

i know, seriously. some cunts, i swear. these guys are like the brown shirts, or whatever those fascist youth gangs were back in the hitler days.

things like this make me want to carry molotovs in my car, and just sort of hang them out the window menacingly when people get too close.

yeahwho
07-27-2006, 11:14 AM
I haven't been to SoCal in 3 years, that is just one bunch of idiots. When I was up in San Francisco last year most everybody everywhere were unaminous about Bush and his ability to fuck up the planet.

Of course here in Seattle I can tell you there are a few Bush supporters around, but they're never that moronic. I wonder if these guys are just bored? I mean if you think of the frustration a Bush Supporter must go through on a daily basis (providing said Bush supporter had an IQ above 100) then maybe.

Move to Seattle, I kind of doubt just by proxy that 4 guys with the fondness for Bush would even be able to find each other on a Republican Gay dating service.

C'mon up and cool down, relax, live, breathe.

Documad
07-27-2006, 11:20 AM
legally yes...

primative things, yes....but very real and very legitimate.
These are the things that I love about men. But it also gets a lot of guys in trouble. You also need to remember that these days there are so many nuts (many of them are quite young) who have guns and no judgment and Jenny would rather have you live to a ripe old age with her than get killed by a 15 year old.

BTW -- Judge Judy is quite accurate when it comes to this traffic encounters. No matter who started it, the loser is the one who gets out of his car.

cosmo105
07-27-2006, 11:20 AM
i'm ok now guys. it kept me up for a long time last night, but i think i'm kinda over it. i really wish i had called the cops on them. sigh. just a scary thing, late at night and by myself.

Nuzzolese
07-27-2006, 11:38 AM
That really sucks, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Isn't it funny how people start talking about guns and baseball bats? That doesn't make these situations any better. You did the right thing by getting away from them. I'm glad to hear that you're not letting this incident change your life. I hope you keep your stickers on your car and continue to go to the gym and everything

What cowardly assholes to be ganging up on a single female from a car! They were probably white upper middle class college educated men too. Just think of how much better your life is than theirs and you'll feel even better. You were on your way to a loving home with gifts and anniversaries, and they're probably juicers on their way to date rape charges.

I have a friend who is very republican, she advertises it, she's a big supporter of Bush and she's had similar encounters. She's had her car vandalized in parking lots too. It doesn't matter which side you stand on, if you have opinions you get shit for it. At least if it happens again you'll be more prepared and that's a strong thing to be.

cosmo105
07-27-2006, 11:43 AM
i was just so amazed by the whole thing. i mean, the part of me that's my dad wanted to get out and sock them and scream at them and wreck their car, and the part of me that's my mom wanted me to calmly try to reason with them and get them to understand what they were doing was wrong.

HEY! YOU! ASSHOLE! THAT'S RIGHT, YOU! IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISPLAY MY POLITICAL LEANINGS ON MY CAR! I WASN'T INTRUDING ON YOUR LIFE WITH IT! THEY'RE JUST STICKERS! YOU REALLY OUGHT TO BE MORE TOLERANT AND UNDERSTANDING, AND LIVE AND LET LIVE! *punch* :mad:

oh well. echewta, yeah, it was glendale meatheads.

the sun's shining bright today. so far i've found 3 cards he's hidden for me...i'm expecting at least one more. :)

edit: okay, four...

Qdrop
07-27-2006, 11:47 AM
BTW -- Judge Judy is quite accurate when it comes to this traffic encounters. No matter who started it, the loser is the one who gets out of his car.

what if i stay IN my car and shoot them?

do i win?

or stay IN my car and just ram thier car.

Nuzzolese
07-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Bup bup bup Qdrop don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Bob
07-27-2006, 11:55 AM
don't shit on my table and tell me it's cupcakes

yeahwho
07-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Don't puke in my bowl and tell me it's stew

Nuzzolese
07-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Don't do something that's not very nice and tell me that it's something nice.

Documad
07-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Move to Seattle, I kind of doubt just by proxy that 4 guys with the fondness for Bush would even be able to find each other on a Republican Gay dating service.
One of the most puzzling confrontations I ever had happened in one of our most liberal neighborhoods. I couldn't imagine why republicans were even in the neighborhood at all, unless they got lost while trying to find a freeway entrance ramp.

Don't read my long story, I have no idea why I typed all this but I'll be damned if I'm going to delete it now. :(

My friend and I were standing at a busy corner waving democrat-themed political signs at traffic when a SUV covered in republican campaign signage pulled up next to us and parked at the curb (illegally). The four guys in the SUV yelled things like "oooh, you're democrats" and I ignored them. They got out a megaphone even though we were six feet away and they yelled nonsense at us. I still ignored them because the point was for us to show our signs to cars in the main traffic lanes and remind them to get their asses to the polls in this ethnically diverse and heavily democratic neighborhood. I wasn't scared. I was actually a little worried for the guys because there was a lot of foot traffic in the neighborhood and the locals were just loving my friend and me to death all morning and were giving us an exaggerated thumbs up in between doing their other business. The teamsters were being especially vocal in their support of us from passing vehicles.

Anyhow, as the guys were trying to taunt us my friend smiled at the guys while I waved my sign and smiled at the traffic. (I always feel simply ridiculous.) Eventually my friend got tired of the guys because they were parked closer to her. I saw her start to do her signature bit which you would have to know her to appreciate but when I'm faced with particularly mean opposing attorney I sometimes try to channel her. It involves being super duper nice but talking to your opponent like you're giving him the benefit of a doubt so you're going to talk slowly and explain how he has everything wrong in great detail but you know it's not really his fault because he just didn't know any better and now that he knows you're sure he will change his mind.

My friend held her sign in her left hand and put the hand holding her ridiculous tiny purse on her right hip and told the guys that she is married with a two year old son. She then told them that she was going to list the reasons why the democrats were better for the future of her two year old son. She stood there lecturing them in her skirt and pumps and perfect hair. She was numbering the reasons and I swear she got to number 20 or so. These guys were grunting at us but had no substantive response to her list of policy issues and they had put away their megaphone. Eventually one of them got so frustrated that he pulled out what was obviously his long-time secret weapon and said, "well, what about the gaaaaays?" His friends chortled. My friend and I beamed our best non-threatening smiles and said "love 'em!" in unison. The guys left immediately without another word. The neighborhood residents who had stopped to watch laughed. I think the locals enjoyed the "talk to the hand" element of my friend's speech more than the substance.

steve-onpoint
07-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Don't live in the matrix and tell me it's reality.

Qdrop
07-27-2006, 12:00 PM
seriously cosmo...
you should keep like chinese throwing stars in your car.

you'd never have to use them...
just the sight of someone flashing them in the window with a smile would flip some people out.

i mean, if someone screams "i gotta bat, you fuckker"....or has a golf club in his hand...
some of the hard asses would be like..."ehh...you ain't gonna do shit...you just had that in your car...fuck you! let's do this..."

but if you just calmly pull out a shirken...and start glancing around "looking for cops or witness" before you throw it...
shit man...people would be like "whoa....who carries around those things...the bitch is crazy...fuck this..."

Documad
07-27-2006, 12:02 PM
what if i stay IN my car and shoot them?

do i win?

or stay IN my car and just ram thier car.
If they have only used words, the general rule would be that you can't escalate to violence. You're supposed to drive away or call the police. If you watch even a week of Judge Judy you're likely to see a few of these fact scenarios played out.

By the way, I really appreciate knowing the thing about sugar in the gas tank. I just love urban myths! I'll pull that factoid out sometime and be a smartypants about it. But I won't give you any credit for it.

Nuzzolese
07-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Qdrop you're suggesting that her ego should write checks her body can't cash!

Qdrop
07-27-2006, 12:04 PM
One of the most puzzling confrontations I ever had happened in one of our most liberal neighborhoods. I couldn't imagine why republicans were even in the neighborhood at all, unless they got lost while trying to find a freeway entrance ramp.

Don't read my long story, I have no idea why I typed all this but I'll be damned if I'm going to delete it now. :(

My friend and I were standing at a busy corner waving democrat-themed political signs at traffic when a SUV covered in republican campaign signage pulled up next to us and parked at the curb (illegally). The four guys in the SUV yelled things like "oooh, you're democrats" and I ignored them. They got out a megaphone even though we were six feet away and they yelled nonsense at us. I still ignored them because the point was for us to show our signs to cars in the main traffic lanes and remind them to get their asses to the polls in this ethnically diverse and heavily democratic neighborhood. I wasn't scared. I was actually a little worried for the guys because there was a lot of foot traffic in the neighborhood and the locals were just loving my friend and me to death all morning and were giving us an exaggerated thumbs up in between doing their other business. The teamsters were being especially vocal in their support of us from passing vehicles.

Anyhow, as the guys were trying to taunt us my friend smiled at the guys while I waved my sign and smiled at the traffic. (I always feel simply ridiculous.) Eventually my friend got tired of the guys because they were parked closer to her. I saw her start to do her signature bit which you would have to know her to appreciate but when I'm faced with particularly mean opposing attorney I sometimes try to channel her. It involves being super duper nice but talking to your opponent like you're giving him the benefit of a doubt so you're going to talk slowly and explain how he has everything wrong in great detail but you know it's not really his fault because he just didn't know any better and now that he knows you're sure he will change his mind.

My friend held her sign in her left hand and put the hand holding her ridiculous tiny purse on her right hip and told the guys that she is married with a two year old son. She then told them that she was going to list the reasons why the democrats were better for the future of her two year old son. She stood there lecturing them in her skirt and pumps and perfect hair. She was numbering the reasons and I swear she got to number 20 or so. These guys were grunting at us but had no substantive response to her list of policy issues and they had put away their megaphone. Eventually one of them got so frustrated that he pulled out what was obviously his long-time secret weapon and said, "well, what about the gaaaaays?" His friends chortled. My friend and I beamed our best non-threatening smiles and said "love 'em!" in unison. The guys left immediately without another word. The neighborhood residents who had stopped to watch laughed. I think the locals enjoyed the "talk to the hand" element of my friend's speech more than the substance.

you should have shot them with paintball guns.
softy.

Documad
07-27-2006, 12:05 PM
seriously cosmo...
you should keep like chinese throwing stars in your car.

I think it's when you're taking an international flight where they post a list of all the things you can't bring into the country? I remember coming into LAX from abroad and reading the list and seeing chinese throwing stars and laughing because it seems so silly that we have to have the most complete list imaginable.

Like one time when I was going to a concert at a club and while we were standing in line they gave a list over the loudspeaker of every possible weapon and item of clothing we couldn't bring in and I started cracking up when they got to "spiked dog collar" because it just seemed so unlikely given the act I was seeing. :rolleyes:

Qdrop
07-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Qdrop you're suggesting that her ego should write checks her body can't cash!

she won't have to...
it's a classic bluff.

enree erzweglle
07-27-2006, 12:07 PM
you should have shot them with paintball guns.
softy....from within the car.

Qdrop
07-27-2006, 12:07 PM
I think it's when you're taking an international flight where they post a list of all the things you can't bring into the country? I remember coming into LAX from abroad and reading the list and seeing chinese throwing stars and laughing because it seems so silly that we have to have the most complete list imaginable.

Like one time when I was going to a concert at a club and while we were standing in line they gave a list over the loudspeaker of every possible weapon and item of clothing we couldn't bring in and I started cracking up when they got to "spiked dog collar" because it just seemed so unlikely given the act I was seeing. :rolleyes:

cosmo, you should wear a spiked dog collar.

next time guys pull up to you like this....they'll be like..."whoa, that could be a weapon...she's crazy..."

yeahwho
07-27-2006, 12:09 PM
You should carry Alka Seltzer, pop it in your mouth and start foaming in agreement with whoever your accosters may be.

enree erzweglle
07-27-2006, 12:10 PM
This is so, so great. :D I love that. I have such a clear image of that in my head. In a movie version, Reese Witherspoon would play her.

About .5 miles from where I live, on Saturdays and sometimes Sundays too, these old people (they're in their 60s & 70s maybe older) stand on the corners of this one busy intersection holding anti-war signs & no-bush / impeach-bush signs. Like they're maybe reliving the 60s. People beep car horns as they drive by them and when that happens, those oldies beam. I love them up.

g-mile7
07-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Sometimes you need to bluff or at least carry protection...luckliy, in this case, you were just dealing with punks...but if they were willing to FOLLOW you then maybe a bat would have been in order just to feel semi-protected...or as you said next time calling for some assitance might have been best. It's really a tough sitution to tackle and unless you are in it at that time, any opinion to do or not do something is null and void.

g-mile7
07-27-2006, 12:12 PM
You should carry Alka Seltzer, pop it in your mouth and start foaming in agreement with whoever your accosters may be.

Reminds me of the movie with the guy from Married with Children (the lil league football movie)

marsdaddy
07-27-2006, 12:18 PM
I know you wanted to vent and/or teach them a lesson, but try to remember not to get aggressive with these types. Obviously, they lack respect for others and common sense. They might even be Right to Bear arms zealots. :(

At some point, these people will wake up and realize they've been misled. Or, they won't, and they'll go through life in denial.

Waus
07-27-2006, 12:20 PM
"but I just can't leave the pad
cause I'll surely wind up dead
'cuz I know they're out there waitin'
and watchin' for me

still I got my yellow cat
and my wooden baseball bat
and my shiny silver gat
and if my homie got my back
then I've got all that I need"

~Sublime

cosmo105
07-27-2006, 12:20 PM
that's an awesome story, Doc. love it. haha. the gays. sigh. i don't see why some people assume that everyone else believes/feels the same things they do...or why tolerance is such a bad thing.

citizen b, i took 6 years of martial arts when i was a kid. stopped doing it about 5 years ago. the first thing we're taught is, when you're attacked, try to get away by any means possible. do anything you can to NOT use your skills. i've never had to use them, and i hope i never do. but if i did, i feel pretty confident i could defend myself.

g-mile7
07-27-2006, 12:21 PM
I know you wanted to vent and/or teach them a lesson, but try to remember not to get aggressive with these types. Obviously, they lack respect for others and common sense. They might even be Right to Bear arms zealots. :(

At some point, these people will wake up and realize they've been misled. Or, they won't, and they'll go through life in denial.

I really doubt ;however, these people are THAT pro-Bush that were messing with her. I think they were just using that as an excuse to pick a fight. More along the lines of thinking that anybody with stuff like that (stickers) on their car is a "hippy".

marsdaddy
07-27-2006, 12:22 PM
I really doubt ;however, these people are THAT pro-Bush that were messing with her. I think they were just using that as an excuse to pick a fight. More along the lines of thinking that anybody with stuff like that (stickers) on their car is a "hippy".Good point. I saw some older women with a Bush sticker on their VW Bettle. Once I snickered at the juxtaposition, I simply sneered at them.

cosmo105
07-27-2006, 12:24 PM
i covertly flip off cars with bush stickers sometimes. they're a bit of a rarity around here anyway. i usually do it under the dash or something. :o

p.s. gmile, you mean Little Giants. awesome movie.

g-mile7
07-27-2006, 12:26 PM
i covertly flip off cars with bush stickers sometimes. they're a bit of a rarity around here anyway. i usually do it under the dash or something. :o

p.s. gmile, you mean Little Giants. awesome movie.

I loved that movie when I was a kid.....espcially the part where (if I recall) play football in the store....my favorite part was when they try and tackle the extra nerdy kid and he ducks....causing them to fly right over his head...classic movie espically the fact they used actual NFL football logos and attire. That was so clutch.

mickill
07-27-2006, 12:28 PM
cosmo, you should drive around with a bag of rat heads dipped in caramel and broken glass in your car. Make em pay for their cowardly actions.

cosmo105
07-27-2006, 12:30 PM
i like butterscotch better. is that ok? please circle yes or no.

skra75
07-27-2006, 12:33 PM

word up. can't truss the suckers. better to destroy them from the inside, vote with your dollar.

skra75
07-27-2006, 12:37 PM
"but I just can't leave the pad
cause I'll surely wind up dead
'cuz I know they're out there waitin'
and watchin' for me

still I got my yellow cat
and my wooden baseball bat
and my shiny silver gat
and if my homie got my back
then I've got all that I need"

~Sublime

You didn't just quote sublime. wtf

mickill
07-27-2006, 12:39 PM
They're not rat heads dipped in broken glass for you to eat, jerky. I circle no. Don't mess with my recipe of terror.

Waus
07-27-2006, 01:14 PM
You didn't just quote sublime. wtf

Dude, where I live I don't deal with this biz. I just dropped that in...for no real reason. People talking about carrying a bat around with them, comin' strapped. Honestly.

Whatever.

kll
07-27-2006, 01:15 PM
I haven't been to SoCal in 3 years, that is just one bunch of idiots. When I was up in San Francisco last year most everybody everywhere were unaminous about Bush and his ability to fuck up the planet.

Of course here in Seattle I can tell you there are a few Bush supporters around, but they're never that moronic. I wonder if these guys are just bored? I mean if you think of the frustration a Bush Supporter must go through on a daily basis (providing said Bush supporter had an IQ above 100) then maybe.

C'mon up and cool down, relax, live, breathe.

I could've sworn that California was considered a Democrat state when it comes to Presidential elections and I'm really I dunno, I could be high.

g-mile7
07-27-2006, 01:17 PM
I could've sworn that California was considered a Democrat state when it comes to Presidential elections and I'm really I dunno, I could be high.

Cali is Liberal (the GOP has lost this state many years in a row). It is considered liberal indeed (just look at Hollywood) if not anti-GOP (Frisco)

kll
07-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Cali is Liberal (the GOP has lost this state many years in a row). It is considered liberal indeed (just look at Hollywood) if not anti-GOP (Frisco)

Right on. Now Cosmo can have bumper stickers made up that say, 'Minorities suck'. Oh the irony.

g-mile7
07-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Right on. Now Cosmo can have bumper stickers made up that say, 'Minorities suck'. Oh the irony.

That would be clever....espcially given she is a "minority" per say.

Documad
07-27-2006, 01:37 PM
LOL

wanton wench
07-27-2006, 01:41 PM
this is great!
i'm using this one on the next drunk asshole that hits on me at the bar!

Ace42X
07-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Having read this thread, I can only express my disappointment in a country where people think this sort of behaviour is acceptable. This anecdote is just one more piece of evidence for all of the things I rail against regularly, and get told I'm "an American basher" for.

I can't help but think that both issues are partly down to the way America is. Profoundly ignorant people are molly-coddled into gross personal arrogance of the "we're the best, so we don't need to be held up to scrutiny" mentality.

I also can't help but think that part of the problem is the unwillingness of the moderates to reclaim what is theirs, whether through apathy, or a sense of impotence. Urm, I will stop pontificating now before I send everyone else in the thread to sleep.

Waus
07-28-2006, 01:23 AM
I also can't help but think that part of the problem is the unwillingness of the moderates to reclaim what is theirs, whether through apathy, or a sense of impotence. Urm, I will stop pontificating now before I send everyone else in the thread to sleep.

How do moderates fight back against extremists? People willing to resort to violence versus people who aren't?

I think it's the same in the middleast, the conservatives can't quell the radicals for the same reasons we can't stop idiots in America.

Ace42X
07-28-2006, 03:08 AM
I think it's the same in the middleast, the conservatives can't quell the radicals for the same reasons we can't stop idiots in America.

Heh the conservatives are the radicals. Oxymoronic, but true. And while I think there is certainly something to the theory that the problem is both sides of the same coin, a key difference is that the US is (ostensibly) rich and powerful nad pretends to know better, whereas the other nations are poor and persecuted in an area that has been fucked over by westerners for a century or more.

AdRockGRL
07-28-2006, 03:47 AM
ignorance is terrible....my god...I think I would have react in the same way...(like you did!)

P of R
07-28-2006, 04:59 AM
I wonder what they were compensating for. Seriously, stuff like this makes me mad, even just reading about it. I can't imagine how I would feel if it really happened to me.

Bunch of wank-merchants.

ET
07-28-2006, 12:30 PM
I don't believe in karma. That's because I'm good at following those kinds of assholes and slashing their tires/ruining their paint with a sharpened paint scraper once they park their sweet whip, d00d! :cool:

Although you being female and the car being full of dudes kind of makes that difficult. They all probably sucked each other's cocks when they got home so I'd try to look at it that way.

cosmo105
07-28-2006, 12:57 PM
yeah, i figure. i mean, these guys clearly lacked brain stems, so i really feel sorry for their gym socks.

hardnox71
07-28-2006, 02:12 PM
i had just left the gym, and was about a mile and a half away from home when a Lexus full of meatheads pulled up beside me and started yelling something. it seemed like they were saying stuff to the car behind them, because i noticed arms waving in both cars out of the windows. i heard someone shout "myoplex!" which made me :rolleyes: because that usually = weightlifter meathead. then they pulled up next to me and kept motioning and saying, ey, come 'ere, which i'm used to. guys do that, they're idiots.

then i realized they weren't shouting come-ons. one of them screamed, "democrat piece of shit!" and another yelled "republicans all the way!" that made me :rolleyes: even more. i mean, i've gotten some crap for my bumper stickers before - once someone slashed my tires in a parking lot full of other cars, and i can only assume they chose mine because of my stickers. it's not like they're that inflammatory. all i have is one that says "do something good for the environment - plant Bush back in texas!", one that says, "a village in texas is missing its idiot," and another that says simply "war is not the answer." i also have that magnetic ribbon that's in a knot that says "untangle our troops." along with my "promote random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty" sticker, i'm a real unpatriotic sonofabitch :rolleyes:. so i thought i should roll my window up, but i didn't even want to do that, i tired to ignore them so much. i should have.

they kept following me light to light, shouting things. the worst (and the stupidest) was "go back to your own country!" that made me laugh to myself. uh, right. and then they ended with "and don't talk about our president like that." i was halfway between confused and angry, and i was just plain shocked for the most part. but they kept right up next to me, driving fast and then slow to keep up with me, and finally i was sick of it. i got behind them at a light and inched as close as i could, and with my best disapproving mom face, blared the horn. one of them got out from the back, and shouted, "the fuck are you doing, it's a red light?" and people in other cars started staring. one of the guys in the car was shrugging, saying something along the lines of i don't know what this crazy bitch's problem is, and i was so mad. i tried to remember their license plate, but i was so angry and so upset that i was kind of in shock. finally at the light the guy that got out walked toward my car and shouted, "I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!" and spat at my car.

i gasped, stunned, and drove to the farthest lane away. they kept following me until finally i lost them at a light and went down a back road.

it was awful. i immediately started sobbing.

My initial response to this was to say you should have pulled up next to them at the next red light, popped your trunk and put your fucking tire iron through their windshield. I've done that a few times over the years. But I forget that you are a female driving by yourself and I wouldn't recommend you doing that. What you should have done in your situation was to get behind them and just follow them while on the phone with the cops. You are a female by herself and you were frightened and intimidated by a car full of aggressive males. Do you have any idea how fast they would be in a holding cell? Next time (hopefully there isn't one), do that.

You've always struck me as being smarter than the average bear. I know you're above getting suckered into some silly shit like that (though, I'm not. I've always liked a good fight, especially when it's with some dumbfuck assholes like that:) ) You've got thick skin. Don't let that shit get to you.