PDA

View Full Version : Venus Fly Trap!!!

Tone Capone
08-13-2006, 04:14 AM
I bought a venus Fly Trap a couple weeks ago and let me just say.... AWESOME!!! Except I don't think it likes bees... I gave it one and the thing started turning black... so I cut it off. Other than that... AWESOME!

Drederick Tatum
08-13-2006, 04:22 AM
I've had one for a few months now and it's real cool. the problem though is that I don't think he's going to survive the winter. it's just too cold for the poor little guy.

it's like having a pet. I always try to find flies to feed him. hopefully he makes it.:(

Tone Capone
08-13-2006, 04:23 AM
I've had one for a few months now and it's real cool. the problem is though is that I don't think it's going to survive the winter. it's just too cold for the poor little guy.

it's like having a pet. I always try to find flies to feed him. hopefully he makes it.:(

Yeah i been reading up on them, they don't do the winter but, I think it regrows in the spring. It IS like having a pet, a pet that is really quiet :)

Drederick Tatum
08-13-2006, 04:49 AM
plants that eat animals are cool.

Tzar
08-13-2006, 05:35 AM
where the fuck have i been?! you can get these bitches as pets/plants?!

ohhahahahhhhell yeah! :cool:

synch
08-13-2006, 05:35 AM
I squashed a fly with a Mintzberg book last night. If I had known I would have saved it for one of you.

Pres Zount
08-13-2006, 06:04 AM
Don't feed your venus flytrap. It catches it's own food

It doesn't need to eat insects all the time, because it is a plant and can get all the nutrients it needs from water and photosynthesis.

the leaves are turning black because you are feeding it.

I work in the garden department.

synch
08-13-2006, 06:08 AM
Also don't touch it to close the trap because it's all cool and stuff.

It confuses and perhaps even kills them :(

(I was about nine at the time :( :( )

QueenAdrock
08-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Mine have always died. I go on vacation down to NC and purchase them there and then they die. Is it because they're not getting enough moisture? I mean, I watered it a lot. Maybe it's because I tried feeding it myself, but I wanted to see it kill stuff. :(

jackrock
08-13-2006, 10:06 AM
There's a few reasons why i couldn't own one of these...

They freak me out (c'mon a plant that eats)
they make me shiver, I can't even look at b-girrle's link without a shiver

b-grrrlie
08-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah they need quite swampy conditions. And don't go touching them either! They can manage about six closings in a month or so, otherwise they will be stressed to death. So don't go feeding them unnecessarily. (http://www.botany.org/bsa/misc/carn.html)

Randetica
08-13-2006, 01:52 PM
ok we get it, they are not THAT cool
just stupid ass posers :mad: :mad: (n) :mad: (n)

oh wait i dont even care

QueenAdrock
08-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Flesh eating plants = fuckin' hardcore (y)

jennyb
08-13-2006, 04:11 PM
So Tone... is this why you haven't been on the board? Busy nurturing a plant eh?

Drederick Tatum
08-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Don't feed your venus flytrap. It catches it's own food

It doesn't need to eat insects all the time, because it is a plant and can get all the nutrients it needs from water and photosynthesis.

the leaves are turning black because you are feeding it.

I work in the garden department.

Rupert needs the flies! they are none in the kitchen for him to catch cause it's winter.

Loppfessor
08-14-2006, 01:05 AM
So Tone... is this why you haven't been on the board? Busy nurturing a plant eh?

For real....what about the nurturing you provide HERE??

Tone Capone
08-14-2006, 02:09 AM
All I got to say is, feeding that plant = AWESOME!!!!

Loppfessor
08-14-2006, 02:14 AM
All I got to say is, feeding that plant = AWESOME!!!!

Great you can bring it with you when you come for the pigfest/my going away party...

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
08-14-2006, 02:30 AM
So this is kinda like the chicken or bufallo question...
Is it a plant? or is it an animal?
How the hell does it eat bugs? Does it have a digestive system?
How can it have a digestive system if its a damn plant?
How come they dont try and eat your finger when you touch the inside of the trap part?
My questions need answering.. :confused:

Loppfessor
08-14-2006, 02:49 AM

What chicken or buffallo question??...also the answers to your questions and many more can be found at your local library!

Tone Capone
08-14-2006, 04:10 AM
Is it a plant? or is it an animal?
How the hell does it eat bugs? Does it have a digestive system?
How can it have a digestive system if its a damn plant?
How come they dont try and eat your finger when you touch the inside of the trap part?
My questions need answering.. :confused:

it's a plant.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/venus-flytrap.htm

And it's awesome.

Loppfessor
08-14-2006, 04:56 AM
Thanks a lot Tone....you know I get $3 for every walk-in I refer to the library...:mad:

natalieuk
08-14-2006, 05:51 AM
i think i'll slap my fanny out and buy one 4 meself! wer can i get 1?

vickista
08-14-2006, 06:36 AM
hehe, this is making me think of little shop of horrors:D lol funny movie

Tone Capone
08-14-2006, 07:04 AM
i think i'll slap my fanny out and buy one 4 meself! wer can i get 1?

I bought mine in the village plant shop. A friend of mine bought one at the checkout counter of a hardware store. I guess you can buy them all over the place here. I re-potted mine as soon as I got it and also put a bunch of compost in the bottom half of the pot also I make sure the saucer that the pot sits in always has about an inch of water and that the soil is moist too. It's kicking ASS right now!

Loppfessor
08-14-2006, 08:27 AM
I remember the cartoon. I hear the film is a muscial........as KIND OF was the cartoon. Like that MC hammer cartoon.

Hammerman! Hammer! Hammerman! Hammer (http://www.coucoucircus.org/da/generique.php?id=578)

steve-onpoint
08-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Hammerman! Hammer! Hammerman! Hammer (http://www.coucoucircus.org/da/generique.php?id=578)

funny.
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcbbd42lHnE

QueenAdrock
08-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Rupert needs the flies! they are none in the kitchen for him to catch cause it's winter.

I love that you named your plant Rupert.

kaiser soze
08-14-2006, 11:57 AM
I bought mine in the village plant shop. A friend of mine bought one at the checkout counter of a hardware store. I guess you can buy them all over the place here. I re-potted mine as soon as I got it and also put a bunch of compost in the bottom half of the pot also I make sure the saucer that the pot sits in always has about an inch of water and that the soil is moist too. It's kicking ASS right now!

pics?

I have 9 plants in my place right now, it's be great to get a flesh eating one

hardnox71
08-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Venus Fly Trap.........

for some dumb ass reason I was thinking WKRP.:o