PDA

View Full Version : my cell phone got stolen

monkey
08-16-2006, 07:21 AM
by two hispanic kids last night. of course, my first reaction was panic attack. i am such a fuck head that right now im afraid to even go outside. i just wanna hide.
i dont much care that my cell phone got jacked but that i feel a huge invasion of privacy. im truly freaked about that. i mean, last week i got all scared shitless cause they robbed the house behind mine, and this week, a MINOR thing like getting a cell phone stolen is freaking the living shit out of me.
im two steps away from becoming a full-on agoraphobic just because i cant control every single one of my surroundings. i am fully aware of how stupid that sounds. doesnt change the feelings deep down.

Loppfessor
08-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Perhaps I should come over and run you a bubble bath followed by a nice massage....

fraserallison
08-16-2006, 07:52 AM
by two hispanic kids last night. of course, my first reaction was panic attack. i am such a fuck head that right now im afraid to even go outside. i just wanna hide.
i dont much care that my cell phone got jacked but that i feel a huge invasion of privacy. im truly freaked about that. i mean, last week i got all scared shitless cause they robbed the house behind mine, and this week, a MINOR thing like getting a cell phone stolen is freaking the living shit out of me.
im two steps away from becoming a full-on agoraphobic just because i cant control every single one of my surroundings. i am fully aware of how stupid that sounds. doesnt change the feelings deep down.

did they have weapons?

adam_f
08-16-2006, 08:07 AM
How many minutes did you have left?

Sorry to hear and everything.

monkey
08-16-2006, 08:07 AM
lopp: thanks but nah. im all bathed out,

fraiser: i dont think so. i dont know. i dont remember. i dont remember anything.

adam: i just asked my dad to call the company to halt my service. now i gotta go get a police report. which may be even more daunting.

fraserallison
08-16-2006, 08:10 AM
hope you are ok. terrible thing to be mugged

Lex Diamonds
08-16-2006, 08:15 AM
I hope you're feeling OK now, but don't let it scare you out of leaving the house. Seriously it's not as risky as you think. I've only got one friend who has been jacked more than twice, and that's cuz he looks like an easy target wearing corduoroy (sp?) blazers and shit.

Shit like this happens around here all day every day. I am starting to get a bit nervous about leaving the house or walking through certain areas on my own. I considered carrying a knife but realistically there would never be a situation where I would feel comfortable/justified using it. Just got to keep your head down and don't let them know you're intimidated. Oftentimes when they come up to me talking like a Jamaican and asking for a cigarette I just look at them, laugh, say "nah mate" and carry on walking. Most people aren't as dangerous as they look.