PDA

View Full Version : I just realised...

sercomdj01
08-18-2006, 03:39 AM
I'm leaving all my freinds behind! To go to uni. Its been the best two years of my life and these people have been there through it all. I'm used to seeing them at the pub or club twice a week and playing poker sessions and all sorts with them. I'm gonna miss the fuck outta all of them :(

Its gonna be so weird without them there.

Anyone esle gone through this?

trailerprincess
08-18-2006, 03:44 AM
When I went to uni, me and all my friends went to different places which was hard at first but I ended up making some great friends and had a wicked time. Plus, when we all went home for the summer it was great catching up. Just think, most of the people will be in the same situation as you so just make the most of it.

na§tee
08-18-2006, 04:36 AM
when i first went to uni i was gutted that one particular person (a guy who i thought i was sorta in love with - go figure) i was friends with didn't get accepted at glasgow and wasn't going to come to the city.

i cried and cried with another boy who was a friend from home who happened to be placed in the flat next door to me. i crossed off the days until we got to go back home for christmas on the university calendar. i moped and moped.

two months in i didn't give a shit.
i was living with 18 fabulous people from all over the world in the heart of the west end and suddenly saw how small my horizons were previously. not that i didn't value my friendships with these people, i just realised i could, uh, do without them and gain more friends.

nowadays, i don't even speak to the people who i was hardcore friends with in my last years of school. people move on! we still see each other when we're all at home, but we lost that bond because when i moved away i realised we weren't, actually, that 'hardcore' at all and not really friends of any great degree. it was just teenage drama!

when i first came to uni i was overwhelmed at the amount of people who would invite me for coffee or the pub and just be generally nice and awesome to me. i was so cripplingly shy at school and thought it would be a really hard experience, but it wasn't. it really boosted my confidence that these great people wanted to know me. i'm sure the same will happen to you.

i really wish i was still at uni :(

sercomdj01
08-18-2006, 04:40 AM
when i first went to uni i was gutted that one particular person (a guy who i thought i was sorta in love with - go figure) i was friends with didn't get accepted at glasgow and wasn't going to come to the city.

i cried and cried with another boy who was a friend from home who happened to be placed in the flat next door to me. i crossed off the days until we got to go back home for christmas on the university calendar. i moped and moped.

two months in i didn't give a shit.
i was living with 18 fabulous people from all over the world in the heart of the west end and suddenly saw how small my horizons were previously. not that i didn't value my friendships with these people, i just realised i could, uh, do without them and gain more friends.

nowadays, i don't even speak to the people who i was hardcore friends with in my last years of school. people move on! we still see each other when we're all at home, but we lost that bond because when i moved away i realised we weren't, actually, that 'hardcore' at all and not really friends of any great degree. it was just teenage drama!

when i first came to uni i was overwhelmed at the amount of people who would invite me for coffee or the pub and just be generally nice and awesome to me. i was so cripplingly shy at school and thought it would be a really hard experience, but it wasn't. it really boosted my confidence that these great people wanted to know me. i'm sure the same will happen to you.

i really wish i was still at uni :(

I can't wait then :D