PDA

View Full Version : roy orbison

zorra_chiflada
08-20-2006, 01:48 AM
my god. never has any singer provoked such an emotional response from me. every song of his is just so emotionally intense.
yeah, just wanted to say that.

The Notorious LOL
08-20-2006, 01:51 AM
my dad likes him a lot. I like his voice but know fuck all about him. Im also lazy.

icy manipulator
08-20-2006, 04:04 AM
he has songs besides Pretty Woman? unfortunately i know all the words to it thanks to Singstar

Lyman Zerga
08-20-2006, 08:21 AM
only the lonely
i drove all night
you got it..

i fucking love his stuff (y)

Rancid_Beasties
08-20-2006, 08:59 AM
my god. never has any singer provoked such an emotional response from me. every song of his is just so emotionally intense.
Hell yeah. I'd give anything to have a voice half as provoking as his.

Videodrome
08-20-2006, 11:35 AM
i always thought he was what made the traveling wilburys dope.

cosmo105
08-20-2006, 01:09 PM
i'm goin back someday
come what may to blue bayou

yeah, i love me some orbison. he was the motherfucking man.

Lyman Zerga
08-20-2006, 01:14 PM
i'm goin back someday
come what may to blue bayou

fucking hell!

i was just listening to that song then he sang those^ lines at the same second while i read your post

karaoke shock!

cosmo105
08-20-2006, 01:17 PM
yikes. spooky!

i still love the Black & White Nights special. :o

mickill
08-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Don't like very many of his songs. Never understood the infatuation people have with his voice. Not a fan, really.

Lyman Zerga
08-20-2006, 02:54 PM
lol's dad just lost all his respect for you

abcdefz
08-20-2006, 03:01 PM

Get excited -- they've finally remastereed and reissued his more important albums: In Dreams, Crying, etc. (y)

Documad
08-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Don't like very many of his songs. Never understood the infatuation people have with his voice. Not a fan, really.
Yeah, a lot of artists who I respect are big fans of his and I don't quite get it. I like that his voice stands out when you hear it on the radio and you know that it's him.

I am unable to listen to him without the negative influence of movies his songs have been in. I probably can't give him a fair listen.

He apparently made an awkward pass at Marianne Faithful in the early 60s when they were touring together. I find that amusing because I always think of him as an old guy.

HOTWIFE
08-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Oh my gosh my Dad loves the guy...he used to put on a Roy Orbison concert video and lip-sync with the remote all the time when I was growing up. We got him on video once without him knowing it because he'd keep his eyes closed ahaha. He didn't like it too much when we played it for him with a bunch of the family over.

yeahwho
08-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Roy Orbison de-nutted the Beatles in 1964 with "Oh, Pretty Woman" going #1.
I think the deal with Roy boy is he could take a "D" cell 6 transistor pocket radio and turn it into a concert hall. It's almost too much.

All the other bands worked tirelessly in the studio with the knobs while he just walked out and presented a rock & roll opera. High end audio componets helped the others sound almost as good, Roy faded a bit till the 80's when most every musician I have respect for helped him back into the limelight.

Looking forward to hearing the re-masters.

I love the guy (y)

Check him out in the eyeglasses hall of fame. GOLD! (http://celebritysunglasses.com/Index/optique_orginalsc8.htm)

mickill
08-20-2006, 05:07 PM
I find that amusing because I always think of him as an old guy.

I was seriously going to ask if the the guy was ever actually young.

DroppinScience
08-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Yeah, Roy Orbison is great! I listened to a 3-disc compilation of his '60s stuff and it was awesome. That I'll have to listen further goes without saying. (y)