PDA

View Full Version : loud cars

DeeJayZap
08-20-2006, 05:45 PM
i dont get it. whats so great about really loud cars with huge exhausts??

i just dont see whats so great about making a big racket all around town and turning your stereo up to the max and playing songs that are teh suck.

:confused:

Videodrome
08-20-2006, 05:57 PM
nothing is great about it. people just want to be noticed. it's fucking dumb.

Drederick Tatum
08-20-2006, 05:58 PM
I always think those cars are funny. doing up your shitty little car, making sound like it has a bigger engine and is more expensive than it really is, I see as almost an admission of how white trash you are. if you really were a high roller you'd have a sweet car that doesn't need any upgades instead of the Civic that you bought off your mother.

Videodrome
08-20-2006, 06:02 PM
I see as almost an admission of how white trash you are. if you really were a high roller you'd have a sweet car that doesn't need any upgades instead of the Civic that you bought off your mother.Drederick Tatum proudly presents... THE TRUTH.

B_Mackin'
08-20-2006, 07:34 PM
well in some cases bigger exhaust means better performance (i.e. more horses and torque) personally i like the sound of big exhaust but I agree that if you go to big it's just annoying. A nice rumble from the pipes is nice when you're puttin the gas down.

TurdBerglar
08-20-2006, 07:42 PM
what if it's a loud hemi cuda?

zorra_chiflada
08-20-2006, 07:47 PM
with all that sound energy, how can they be efficient? i thought the best cars were the quietest ones because the energy is in engine power. or have i completely misunderstood physics and life in general.

TurdBerglar
08-20-2006, 07:48 PM
the more the sound is baffled the more the air flow is restricted, generally. a free flowing exhaust system is more efficient

zorra_chiflada
08-20-2006, 07:50 PM
oh well geez

scotty
08-20-2006, 07:52 PM
what if it's a loud hemi cuda?

The burbling of a 70's V8 muscle car is a beautiful thing, plus those machines sounded like that straight out of the showroom.

These other dickheads think sticking a 4" exhaust, fancy paintjob and a massive sound system on an 80's Corolla without actually improving the performance of the car is a worthwhile exercise, but instead they look like a bunch of bogan tools.

AdRockGRL
08-20-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm the one of those who like to go around with very high volume. i've got a sporty car 8but not this great car...it's a sporty car that i can pay by myself, so is of the "cheap" sporty-car rank)... but i always take down the volume when I stop for the lights because I hate to be watched while I stop because of what i listen....damn.... i think I give respect anyway, i don't ill anyomne!

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
08-20-2006, 09:15 PM
When I used to live in Chicago my next door neighbor put on or took off something on his car and it was loud as hell. I didnt mind it because ya know, you live in Chicago your hearing cars and alarms and gun shots and shit every day so you dont mind. But my neighbor was always going out at like, 11pm and coming back at 3am and his driveway was right by my room, so after a while it just started to annoy the piss outta me. It was a noise violation, and I begged my grandparents to ask them to fix it or report it, but they refused because "we have to live next door to them"
that pissed me the fuck off. :mad:

icy manipulator
08-20-2006, 09:28 PM
i used to have a lancer, i never did anything to it like exhaust or body kit in it, but i did have a ridiculous stereo in it. people did me looks every now and then but i didn't care. i think i have lost some of my hearing thanks to it tho :(

befsquire
08-20-2006, 10:49 PM
i dont get it. whats so great about really loud cars with huge exhausts??
what's great about them is they attract the cops' attention while you quickly make your getaway.

cops here can ticket for that. quite often, a person driving a car like this (yes, drederick, it's almost always a civic) will be pulled over for that and the cops will notice a smell which, due to their training and experience, they recognize to be burnt cannabis. they ask to search the car, the driver lets them, and then they find pot.

so, love the civics, because they're constantly taking one for the team.

na§tee
08-21-2006, 03:04 AM
gah! i hate this. it's always the fannyish boy racers. zooming up a hill, down the road, past your quiet pedestrian face.

icy manipulator
08-21-2006, 03:10 AM
gah! i hate this. it's always the fannyish boy racers. zooming up a hill, down the road, past your quiet pedestrian face.
well its not as bad as getting woken up most mornings at 5am by some dickhead in a pissy little Excel driving down my quiet street pumping crappy music out of a massive subwoofer or 2. everyone in my house wants to egg the fuck out of his car (y)

mikizee
08-21-2006, 04:22 AM
any male that drives an excel and 'hots' it up deserves to have their dog boned.

excels crack me up. u see wankers driving them with massive exhausts, huge shopping trolley wings on the back and stickers and shit. its like, um dude, do u know your driving an excel? its not only a girl's car, its a fat girl's car.

filled with rich korean racing heritage!!!!

(n)

P of R
08-21-2006, 04:47 AM
They're known as Ricers. They could save up all that money they put into their crappy car and buy something much much nicer.

icy manipulator
08-21-2006, 05:55 AM
any male that drives an excel and 'hots' it up deserves to have their dog boned.

excels crack me up. u see wankers driving them with massive exhausts, huge shopping trolley wings on the back and stickers and shit. its like, um dude, do u know your driving an excel? its not only a girl's car, its a fat girl's car.

filled with rich korean racing heritage!!!!

(n)
the worst sticker i've ever seen on an excel is a HSV sticker, except the H was written in the same way the Hyundai symbol is written. bloody poof. so yeah i yelled some shit at him

tracky
08-21-2006, 06:03 AM
who cares if someone wants to drive around in an excel with big wings and stickers and shit. i happen to drive exactly that. it's an awesome car, man. I reckon it would get 12 seconds down the quarter mile

icy manipulator
08-21-2006, 06:04 AM
who cares if someone wants to drive around in an excel with big wings and stickers and shit. i happen to drive exactly that. it's an awesome car, man. I reckon it would get 12 seconds down the quarter mile
bahahahahahaha, yeah for sure

tracky
08-21-2006, 06:06 AM
nah man for real. it's got like... a turbo... and it's running like 356 pounds of boost

also it's on NOS

icy manipulator
08-21-2006, 06:07 AM
nah man for real. it's got like... a turbo... and it's running like 356 pounds of boost

also it's on NOS
ah of course, all makes sense now :rolleyes:

tracky
08-21-2006, 06:38 AM
I drive a silver accord. The guy at the honda workshop called it grey today. I prefer silver.

mikizee
08-21-2006, 06:50 AM
honda makes damn good quality cars.

i drive a VY commodore wagon. excitement plus. but, u know, its free, (work car), so what can ya do.

my work is buying me a brand new black mitsubishi triton dual cab in december tho! woohoo!

Freebasser
08-21-2006, 07:10 AM
They could save up all that money they put into their crappy car and buy something much much nicer.

I say that every time one goes past. Thick fuckin' scallies.

icy manipulator
08-21-2006, 08:19 AM
honda makes damn good quality cars.

i drive a VY commodore wagon. excitement plus. but, u know, its free, (work car), so what can ya do.

my work is buying me a brand new black mitsubishi triton dual cab in december tho! woohoo!
i've got a mitsubishi and a lancer. the lancer has the sound system in it. the pajero gets about 5k's to a litre :o but i stil love it. no mutha fucker messes with you when you're driving that beast. although atm it's fucked. the bloody thing is stuck in 2nd gear

DeeJayZap
08-21-2006, 08:20 AM
well ofcourse im too young to have a car but we have a civic and a beamer :cool:

Tzar
08-21-2006, 08:38 AM
all i can say is gate...

and this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d0gKo52ltSw

icy manipulator
08-21-2006, 08:47 AM
at first i thought the silver one was a Accent or some piece of shit like that

Tzar
08-21-2006, 08:49 AM
NEVER!

icy manipulator
08-21-2006, 08:51 AM
calm down calm down, for like a split second i did. with all tihs talk of excels and what not

buddylee
08-21-2006, 10:29 PM
My wife and I have almost the same car , hers is one you newer
I had a cat back system on her car . it some what loud (not as loud as a '69 stang)
I would rather drive my car with the stock set up 9 times out of 10 .

her car does get a little better gas milage

BTW every 4:15am a guy on a Hog rips around my block , and wakes me up
..... Ahole.