PDA

View Full Version : Lollapalooza St. Paul Harriet Island 1994

Disc-Jockey FH
08-29-2006, 02:55 AM
First time I ever saw the funky Buddist Jews live, it was love at first site, loved them ever since. Anybody else catch that tour or particular show? They should have headlined palooza after Cobain's untimely death.

Justin
09-05-2006, 01:06 AM
they did take over the tour after cobain died...that's why it was given to the beasties and the smashing pumpkins to headline.

EastcoastJL
09-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I also saw the Beasties for the first time on the '94 Lollapalooza tour, but in Philly. Great set- opened with Sure Shot & closed with Sabatoge. They played a lot of stuff from Check Your Head & Ill Comm which are my 2 favorite bboys records.
And to answer the other question yes, Cobain died a few months before the tour kicked off so Pumpkins and Beasties became headliners. Would've been great to see Nirvana too, but getting within 20ft of the stage and seeing Beasties for the 1st time after being a fan for about 7yrs was legendary!

Budd
09-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Hell yeah, I was there!! Was actually my first concert-going experience period, not just Beasties. Such a tight show.

Found some audio of it awhile back but it was shitty quality.

mn laker
10-13-2006, 12:07 PM
this was my fisrt show as well, i remember when they came on and a dust cloud started to rise. i have seen the beasties 7 times since

just got my tickets to vegas, im thinking seriously about remortgaging my house to go to south america

CHECKHEAD2004
10-14-2006, 05:27 PM
I saw them In Lollapalooza also in 94, but it was Rhode Island.
That might have been the most fun at any concert I have ever had!