PDA

View Full Version : the futureheads

Planetary
08-29-2006, 05:39 AM
i saw them as a support act before they released their first album and have loved them ever since really. i saw them at leeds last year, and again this year and it just made me remember how good they are. there wasn't a song i didn't enjoy.

anyone else like them?

sercomdj01
08-29-2006, 05:49 AM
Ive seen em live twice and they are very very very good (y)

Rancid_Beasties
08-29-2006, 06:05 AM
I like their album but they were the worst band I have ever seen live. Flat, bland, and actually made me fall asleep, even though i was right up the front. The worst thing was they were supporting queens of the stone age, and they were awesome, and so were the band before the futureheads, wolf & cub. So it made them look much much worse.

sercomdj01
08-29-2006, 06:08 AM
I like their album but they were the worst band I have ever seen live. Flat, bland, and actually made me fall asleep, even though i was right up the front. The worst thing was they were supporting queens of the stone age, and they were awesome, and so were the band before the futureheads, wolf & cub. So it made them look much much worse.

You must have seen em on an off day. I've seen QOSA on the same day too and the futureheads more than held up theyre own. It was one of the sweatiest gigs ive ever been to! Full of energy from the crowd and band.

Rancid_Beasties
08-29-2006, 06:40 AM
Yeah maybe, but i mean they were horrible. Truly. And it wasnt just me that said it, everyone there was like stunned. Nobody clapped or sung along, they just stood their looking at their feet until QOTSA came on.

Planetary
08-29-2006, 08:50 AM
that sounds like a shame because i've seen them twice live and they were great. don't let this put you off paying to see them.

(y)

mickill
08-29-2006, 08:58 AM
The songs on their first couple of EPs had a more gritty sound to them, which I preferred. The original version of 'Robot' was more the Rolling Stones, while the album version ended up sounding like Queen.