PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, a track from Dr Dre's Detox leaked....

mickill
09-01-2006, 08:29 PM
...kinda (http://www.zshare.net/audio/crooked-i-detox-01-say-dr-dre-produced-by-dr-dre-mp3.html)

It's actually Crooked I spitting from Dre's perspective over a Dre beat. Kinda strange.

Whatever though. It's not like everybody doesn't already know that Dre's rhymes have been ghostwritten from day one.

Deep_Sea_Rain
09-01-2006, 11:37 PM
I always found Dre's rhymes clumsy, and his flow uneven. Great producer, though.

Lo_Lyfe
09-01-2006, 11:54 PM
dre gon look like bill cosby by the time this shit drop. lmfao @ him finally realisin raekwon was ALWAYS where dis rap shit was at.

mickill
09-05-2006, 03:02 PM
...this is even better (http://bfred.blogspot.com/2006/09/diddy-extinction-agenda.html)

mickill
09-05-2006, 03:07 PM
I always found Dre's rhymes clumsy, and his flow uneven.
How so? Are you talking back in the Chronic era? I'd give you that. Any other time, Dre's always sounded quite good and pretty natural on the mic. On the EFIL4ZAGGIN album, he probably sounds better than Ren and Eazy do. On 2001, the only one of his guests that could really outshine him were Snoop and Em.

I think that people like Posdonus, Talib and Phife sound pretty boring, clumsy and uneven on the mic, personally.

Deep_Sea_Rain
09-06-2006, 01:53 AM
I think that people like Posdonus, Talib and Phife sound pretty boring, clumsy and uneven on the mic, personally.

To each his own...but when I hear Dre rhyme, I don't hear someone who takes to it naturally like the MC's you stated do. Talib definately has the best flow of the individuals you mentioned, though...

The Notorious LOL
09-06-2006, 02:08 AM
yeah nothin goes down smoother than "MISTER DINKINS WOULD YOU PLEASE BE OUR MAY-OR...YOU'D BE DOING US A REALLY BIG FA-VOR!"

korn_phr33k
09-06-2006, 02:47 AM
dont really care for this new track. the beat is just eh. ive been big on beats lately.

mickill
09-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Talibs's voice and his flow are the only things I don't like about the guy. Same with Pos, actually. Phife's weaknesses were summarized in the 7th post.

Dre's no Nas. He's not exactly an emcee, anyhow. But one thing he's very good at is directing people with how they rap. Example: Snoop doesn't sound like the real Snoop unless Dre's guiding him along. When he rhymes on other people's beats, his adlibs are all over the place and his voice is monotonous. When Dre's behind the boards, he suddenly sounds like the "classic" Snoop". There's a reson for this; Dre understands vocals. And his own are no different. In other words, you don't really know what you're talking about.

Deep_Sea_Rain
09-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Talibs's voice and his flow are the only things I don't like about the guy. Same with Pos, actually. Phife's weaknesses were summarized in the 7th post.

Dre's no Nas. He's not exactly an emcee, anyhow. But one thing he's very good at is directing people with how they rap. Example: Snoop doesn't sound like the real Snoop unless Dre's guiding him along. When he rhymes on other people's beats, his adlibs are all over the place and his voice is monotonous. When Dre's behind the boards, he suddenly sounds like the "classic" Snoop". There's a reson for this; Dre understands vocals. And his own are no different. In other words, you don't really know what you're talking about.

Dre can't do anything wrong, can he?

Kid Presentable
09-06-2006, 12:17 PM
I think Dre is a dull MC, who can mask it in the studio.

adam_f
09-06-2006, 12:37 PM
I'd have to agree with mickill about Talib. I do like his voice, but far to often he suffers from Runoffatthemouth-itis.

Auton
09-06-2006, 07:20 PM
i think mike needs to be shot in the face for his comment on posdnous. mike, you cant really think that dre sounds any good on the mike do you? his delivery is butt. i hate having to hear him rap over his own beats.

Auton
09-06-2006, 07:26 PM
oh yeah, and he sounds like an ogre.

Deep_Sea_Rain
09-06-2006, 08:23 PM
i think mike needs to be shot in the face for his comment on posdnous. mike, you cant really think that dre sounds any good on the mike do you? his delivery is butt. i hate having to hear him rap over his own beats.

Pos is one of my favorite MC's of all-time, actually. Same with Phife....and referencing a poorly written/delivered rhyme that was google'd 10 minutes before does little to change my opinion.

Auton
09-06-2006, 08:29 PM
pos IS my favorite mc of all time, barely edging out ghostface for me. he's not the best mc, no way, but he's favorite.

mickill
09-07-2006, 01:32 AM
If Auton got shot in the face everytime he shared one of his retarded opinions on this board he'd have no head left. If you ever finally get around to checking out an actual NWA album, Ed, I'll explain why I disagree with you.

The Notorious LOL
09-07-2006, 01:41 AM
Pos is one of my favorite MC's of all-time, actually. Same with Phife....and referencing a poorly written/delivered rhyme that was google'd 10 minutes before does little to change my opinion.

yes I got on google and typed in "wack phife lyrics"

Deep_Sea_Rain
09-07-2006, 04:53 PM
yes I got on google and typed in "wack phife lyrics"

Thanks.