PDA

View Full Version : Shit I didn't even know VMA's were on

b-grrrlie
09-02-2006, 11:40 AM
and now Raconteurs are rocking with Lou Reed!!! :D

paul jones
09-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Let us know who does the cheesist arse licking speech ( "I'd like to thank GOD, parents, Uncle Fester,My make up artist who covers up my spots and cellulite............") when they pick up an award(y)

cosmo105
09-02-2006, 12:37 PM
the best part was when missy elliot came out and totally got clocked in the head with an umbrella by a dancer. i just happened to be flipping channels and landed on it RIGHT when that happened. you can bet your ass i rewinded that moment over and over again.

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
09-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Wow, I didnt know people still watched MTV!!! :confused:

b-grrrlie
09-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Well I was just flippin' channels. And I often have MTV2 as my background music when there's nothing else on.

HOTWIFE
09-02-2006, 12:43 PM
the best part was when missy elliot came out and totally got clocked in the head with an umbrella by a dancer. i just happened to be flipping channels and landed on it RIGHT when that happened. you can bet your ass i rewinded that moment over and over again.
that was hilarious

if you missed it you didn't miss much. Jack Black was absolutely horrible as host (and I love him). The whole thing was pretty boring.

cosmo105
09-02-2006, 12:44 PM
that was hilarious

if you missed it you didn't miss much. Jack Black was absolutely horrible as host (and I love him). The whole thing was pretty boring.
yeah, i only watched about ten minutes or so and felt pretty bad for him. maybe he didn't get to rehearse or something? oh well. i'll still see the tenacious D movie :cool:

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
09-02-2006, 12:46 PM
oh well. i'll still see the tenacious D movie :cool:

Me too! I went to go see Snake's on a plane, and they showed the preveiw for it, I'd say the trailor was the best part of the whole damn movie. (y)

HOTWIFE
09-02-2006, 12:48 PM
yeah, i only watched about ten minutes or so and felt pretty bad for him. maybe he didn't get to rehearse or something? oh well. i'll still see the tenacious D movie :cool:
Everything he did seemed so forced. Ah well I still love him.

b-grrrlie
09-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Let us know who does the cheesist arse licking speech ( "I'd like to thank GOD, parents, Uncle Fester,My make up artist who covers up my spots and cellulite............") when they pick up an award(y)
Looks like Hype Williams made that....

and I just missed Missys entrance, I was making my umpteenth cup of tea today (I've got a flu... :( )

TAL
09-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Umm, you're 2 days late.

But maybe you weren't awake at 2am on Friday morning to watch it live.

ggirlballa
09-02-2006, 06:56 PM
i saw it & thought they were better than last year's still not that great

beyonce had a good performance she seems like she's lost her mind but it was cool

yeahwho
09-02-2006, 09:38 PM
MTV has become sort of the opposite of what it started out to be, kind of a stepping off point rather than launchpad for bands.

I find it sort of sad, they did have promise at one time and seemed actually as if they may become something other than just a massive ad agency after the 14-20 year old demographic.

HBO rules.

BBboy20
09-02-2006, 10:35 PM
24 Rulez...>_>

Anywho, who watches the VMAs anymore?

yeahwho
09-02-2006, 11:06 PM
At one time Beavis and Butthead rulezed. That was the death of MTV when the two video watching dudes went off the air, parody became reality. Damn those guys were onpoint.

b-grrrlie
09-03-2006, 02:43 AM
Umm, you're 2 days late.

But maybe you weren't awake at 2am on Friday morning to watch it live.
Yeah I did realise it was a rerun cause they'd bleeped out a lot, and then there was bits that I'd seen in the corner of my eye on the MTV news, but wasnt' watching them properly so didn't know what they were on about. It was such a drag that they couln't show the Racounteurs bits, cause they played during the ad-breaks :mad: There was Jim Jarmush playing with them on the last song.

TimDoolan
09-03-2006, 02:47 AM
hAHA, I saw that shit with missy. She couldn't get out of that jeep, someone had to pull her out.

Also, I noticed something about the Michael Jackson video vangaurd award. They don't have mj's name in there anymore. Was it originally called that or am I just going nuts?!?

kleptomaniac
09-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Umm, you're 2 days late.

btw, do the treadmills still turn you on? ;)

i thought jack black did the best he could to make the awards seem more spectacular than they acutally were....he was a good host though (y)

other than that, by the end, all i could think was "eh not that great" save for a few good performances, and a weird-o jessica simpson moment. she seemed very "anna nicole smith"-ish that night.....
kelly clarkson and panic! at the disco (and you, james blunt!) seem highly overrated now IMO <<first time i've used that acronym whatchamacallit.

Also, I noticed something about the Michael Jackson video vangaurd award. They don't have mj's name in there anymore. Was it originally called that or am I just going nuts?!?

i noticed that too....i guess we'll never know.

faz
09-04-2006, 08:54 PM

Seems the whole preformance was pretty laughable. Now I cant get out the car (http://youtube.com/watch?v=-o2eDhC4ox0)

hitmonlee
09-04-2006, 09:52 PM
how gorgeous was the dress christina wore? the red one when she sang hurt? beautiful :)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=christina+aguilera+hurt&search=Search

g-mile7
09-05-2006, 12:34 AM
TI and the homage 2 Hype Williams was good

Nivvie
09-05-2006, 02:11 AM
At one time Beavis and Butthead rulezed. That was the death of MTV when the two video watching dudes went off the air, parody became reality. Damn those guys were onpoint.

Absolgoddamlutely.
I've often wondered what they would think of so much of the stuff that's passed since. I genuinely want their opinions. I think part of it is MTV is very keen to kiss up to celebrities, and wouldn't want B & B offending people.