PDA

View Full Version : Golden Age Hip-Hop Mix September 2006

Prez Ike
09-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Sup Everyone...

I haven't been up in here for a while, for various reasons, but for those interested I just put up my latest Old School Hip Hop Mix which I am labeling a "Golden Age" mix. I posted the text from my podcast site to explain what I mean (although I know pretty much everyone here knows exactly what I'm talking about) and the track listing.

http://radio.weblogs.com/0144499

So, as promised here is the "Golden Age" Hip Hop mix I have been discussing for some time. I apologize before you listen to this podcast for a few record skips that sadly took place on a few tracks. Part of that may be related to my setup since I am currently missing a screw meant to attach the cartridge to the headshell on on turntable, making it a bit less stable.

Regardless, I hope everyone enjoys the mix as much as I had creating it. I tried to put together a blend of well known tracks of that era, plus a few gems that may have fallen below the radar. Technically, Da Youngsta's, 'Mad Props', and Lords of the Underground's, 'Neva Faded,' off of their sophomore album were released in 1994, a year after the "Golden Age" but the sound of both songs is definitive of that era. In fact, both songs were produced by two of the the most talented and influential, who also worked closely together for years, Marley Marl and K-Def. In fact, this podcast is HIGHLY influenced by and peppered with the dirty, raw sound that made Marley Marl the legend that he is in Hip-Hop.

Playlist:

MC Lyte – Ruffneck (Beatnuts Remix)
LL Cool J – Pink Cookies In A Plastic Bag Getting Crushed By Buildings
Downtown Science – This Is A Visit (Hardhead Mix)
Del The Funky Homosapien – Don’t Forget
MC Solaar – Nouveau Western
Showbiz & AG – Soul Clap
Souls of Mischief – That’s When Ya Lost
Main Source – Looking At The Front Door
EPMD feat. LL Cool J – Rampage
Ultramagnetic MC’s – Make It Happen (Remix)
Three Times Dope – From Da Giddy Up
Positive K – I Got A Man
Art of Origin – No Slow Rollin’
Lords of The Underground – Neva Faded
Da Youngsta’s – Mad Props
House of Pain – Who’s The Man
Cypress Hill – Lil’ Putos
A Tribe Called Quest – Oh My God (Remix)
The Nonce - 85

Otis Driftwood
09-04-2006, 03:16 AM
Kewl. Thx!