PDA

View Full Version : New Pharcyde album "Eclectic Compassion"

Deep_Sea_Rain
09-03-2006, 02:13 PM
According to their MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/thepharcyde)...."Eclectic Compassion" drops later this year.

Contrary to popular opinion, I found Humboldt Beginnings to be a solid album. It sounded nothing like previous Pharcyde efforts, but they reinvented their sound.

yooooo
09-03-2006, 02:47 PM
:eek: (y) (y)

they got worse after bizarre ride, though

beastieangel01
09-03-2006, 03:03 PM
interesting

but I miss Fatlip.

Deep_Sea_Rain
09-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Me too. But Lip's solo album was excellent...

Deep_Sea_Rain
09-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Here (http://www.shepherd-express.com/7_26_06/noize_feature.htm) is a fairly new article that mentions the new album. An excerpt...

"Currently, Brown is gearing up for the release of Eclectic Compassion, a compilation featuring new Pharcyde material and tracks spotlighting emcees handpicked by the band. After that, Brown will help Imani finish his long-rumored solo album."

I hope this is a 'Cyde album, and not a mixtape of sorts, littered with guest MC's. We'll see...

Extra Cheese
09-03-2006, 06:11 PM
in reality no one likes the pharcyde and if they do its beacuse they force themselves to like them really bad. people just say they like them, i believe they think it earns them cool points.

SobaViolence
09-03-2006, 06:24 PM
^ you are an idiot.

Deep_Sea_Rain
09-03-2006, 09:49 PM
^ you are an idiot.

You beat me to it.

Miho Mingu
09-04-2006, 01:35 AM
They were fun to listen to when they first started out, but it all went downhill once Tre and Fatlip left. To me, the new one sounded REALLY BORING. I don't mind a new direction, but theirs, I didn't like at all. I'll remain skeptical with them as a group, but when it releases, I'll give it a listen, and we'll see.

They seem to be better off on their solo albums, though. Fatlip's solo effort was pretty good. Tre's albums were alright, but I couldn't get into them. I wanted to grab Imani's album, but I've been having trouble finding a place that sells it. I guess I could try eBay or something.

Lo_Lyfe
09-04-2006, 01:59 AM
in reality no one likes the pharcyde and if they do its beacuse they force themselves to like them really bad. people just say they like them, i believe they think it earns them cool points.
haha aside from bizarre rude thats an on point observation.

Gareth
09-04-2006, 02:41 AM
i havent given a shit about pharcyde since a long long time ago.

Deep_Sea_Rain
10-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Now, according to their MySpace, it's coming out in 2007.

The Notorious LOL
10-07-2006, 09:33 PM

hahaha its so true (y)

g-mile7
10-08-2006, 01:23 AM
You could say the same thing about those who dislike them...or any rapper that has a pretty big fanbase. Ironic isn't it? Their two hit songs are amazing cant deny that