PDA

View Full Version : so ive just paid $1700 to be knocked out and have my jaw broken....

mikizee
09-03-2006, 11:29 PM
yep. in 3 hours i'll be unconscious. im going to hospital to get all of my wisdom teeth out, which are so badly impacted, so says the surgeon, that they will have to slightly fracture my jawbone to get the bottom 2 out. ive never been under general anaesthetic before.

cant wait (y)

befsquire
09-03-2006, 11:32 PM
i'd have broken your jaw for free.

i don't fuck with teeth though. maybe hotwife could have knocked your teeth out.

mikizee
09-03-2006, 11:36 PM

i don't fuck with teeth though. maybe hotwife could have knocked your teeth out.

believe me, ive had plenty of offers.

Bob
09-03-2006, 11:37 PM
oh haha, i didn't consider that it was a surgical thing from the title. i thought you said you've just BEEN paid! like you were doing a really cool stunt for a movie or something.

will they have to wire your jaw shut afterward? that would fucking suck.

i've been under before. it was pretty boring. i was expecting to dream about unicorns and lasers and bright colors. it went something like this:

"ok, we're going to put this up to your mouth, and we're going to count to 30, breathe deeply"

and then as it was counting down and i was breathing deeply, i was getting worried, because i couldn't feel anything, i was like "oh shit it's not going to work and something's going to go horribly wrong and i'm going to hey, why am i groggy and why do i taste blood? oh, you're done"

seriously, i didn't even remember being out. it was just mask goes on, nothing happens, then i woke up. slept all fucking day afterwards though

mikizee
09-03-2006, 11:40 PM
im a fairly paranoid person, and all i can think about is fuck, what if one of things happens where it looks like im asleep so they operate but im actually conscious and can feel everything??? what is they damage the nerves in my jaw and i permanently lose sensation in my tongue and lip? (which is a very real risk)

what if it gets infected and gets gangrene and they have to amputate my jaw??

Bob
09-03-2006, 11:42 PM
that would fucking rule. you could wear a veil around it and freak people out. like say you're on a bus or something, and there's a baby sitting near you and it's crying really loudly. just turn around slowly and tear off the veil and open your eyes real wide. the motherfucker will never make a noise for the rest of its life

edit: discussion of dental surgery makes me swear a lot, forgive me

kaiser soze
09-03-2006, 11:44 PM
eh that's nothing

my wrist cost me over $15,000...and I can still throw a mean sidearm

goodluck with the teeth, it's not as bad as you fear...ok, maybe the breaking of the jaw thing is fucked up

just count back from 10, 9..8......

mikizee
09-03-2006, 11:46 PM
im going to report on here how it went when i get home in 6 hours and im high.

reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallllllll high.

Bob
09-04-2006, 12:14 AM
im going to report on here how it went when i get home in 6 hours and im high.

reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallllllll high.

for me it was more like being reeeeeeeallllllllllllll looowwwwwwww. like being extremely tired. like you've been awake for far too long and should really get to bed.

to my recollection anyway. maybe it was a different anesthetic or something. i was just getting a wisdom tooth pulled. they said they could have just used a local anasthetic but fuck that, i don't wanna be awake for that crap. i'd never been knocked out before. and i'd do it again.

Dorothy Wood
09-04-2006, 12:18 AM
that would fucking rule. you could wear a veil around it and freak people out. like say you're on a bus or something, and there's a baby sitting near you and it's crying really loudly. just turn around slowly and tear off the veil and open your eyes real wide. the motherfucker will never make a noise for the rest of its life

edit: discussion of dental surgery makes me swear a lot, forgive me

calling a baby a motherfucker is hilarious right now. way to go.

zorra_chiflada
09-04-2006, 12:23 AM
general anaesthetic is pretty shit. i've been under a few times. fucks your whole system up

Bob
09-04-2006, 12:59 AM
hey if you wanna be awake when your teeth get wrenched out of your head you go and do that. keep your precious "system"

zorra_chiflada
09-04-2006, 12:59 AM
one operation i had i probably could have had local.

tracky
09-04-2006, 01:35 AM
I've had 3 or 4 generals and every time it's pretty much exactly like bob describes, you kinda lie there waiting for something to happen, and then the next thing you know you're in some other place and everythings been done. It's kinda freaky, and it always makes me think of death being "nothing", literally.

zorra_chiflada
09-04-2006, 01:36 AM
one time i had general, they had a hell of a time trying to get me under. i remember it taking them 20 minutes, and they would hold me down and i couldn't breathe, it was very scary

Bob
09-04-2006, 01:41 AM
I've had 3 or 4 generals and every time it's pretty much exactly like bob describes, you kinda lie there waiting for something to happen, and then the next thing you know you're in some other place and everythings been done. It's kinda freaky, and it always makes me think of death being "nothing", literally.

i read this as "i've had 3 or 4 genitals"

i really need to get to bed

tracky
09-04-2006, 01:42 AM
I liked my second penis the best. It wasn't quite as big as my current penis, but I think it suited the balls better.

Bob
09-04-2006, 01:43 AM
i remember the day i had my vagina installed

Bitchamachacha
09-04-2006, 01:44 AM
You poor guy. That sucks.

It's wisdom teeth week or something. A friend from work had hers pulled. Chad's wisdom teeth are coming in and he's been having pain from it, but refuses to have them pulled yet.

I was lucky. I had mine yanked when I was twelve because the dentist said mine would grow in and smash all of my teeth together. I think now they don't remove wisdom teeth anymore unless it's EXTREMELY necessary.

Just be careful of what and how you eat after the surgery. Take small bites and chew slowly. My work friend was in major pain when she got some food stuck in one of the sockets. She said it hurt like a bitch.

And look on the bright side----you'll get some great meds. (y)

Bob
09-04-2006, 02:02 AM
i had mine removed when i was...in college so...between 18-21. that's what i was under for. it went extremely smoothly, i guess i'm lucky. they gave me painkillers (i wanna say codeine, but that wasn't it, it had a longer name) but i never ended up needing them. i spent the first few days with gauze in my mouth to stop the bleeding, but it stopped pretty quick and i never really felt any pain. i was on an applesauce and jello diet for a while, but apart from that it was fine. i healed up quite alright.

i didn't get my jaw broken though, so your mileage may vary

Nivvie
09-04-2006, 02:36 AM
what if it gets infected and gets gangrene and they have to amputate my jaw??

My impacted wisom teeth channelled and infection into my jawbone whilst I was waiting to have them out. It killed all the teeth on one side of my mouth, leading to 7 root canal treatments.
You're at risk no matter what you do.

mikizee
09-04-2006, 07:40 AM
ok, so im back.

going under was fine.

but, there were complications. when i was sitting in recovery the doc came in looking very concerned and pulled a chair close to have a little chat. (he didnt do this for anyone else). he said that it was the most challenging job he'd done so far, my jawbone has fractured in 3 places, and he severed the main nerve running under my right wisdom tooth. (and both arteries). i have lost all sensation to half of my tongue, all of my chin, and pretty much the lower half of the right side of my face. theres a 50-60% chance this will be permanent. (to some extent). in his words 'HOOOOOOOPEFULLY theres a chance that this is just temporary, so keep your fingers crossed'

sheesh, thanks alot, way to get my hopes up!!! they gave me panadeine forte, (really strong codeine) but i think because of my drug taking past, they dont seem to be doing much. im getting a prescription tomorrow for some morphine. i feel like ive been socked twice in the jaw by a professional boxer. my face now looks like fat alberts.

man, that took aages for me to type, me being high and all.

yooooo
09-04-2006, 08:12 AM
woa i'd probably piss my pants man, i wish you luck

Nivvie
09-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Wow, that's horrible, and so rare too.
Comiserations.

Lo_Lyfe
09-04-2006, 11:03 AM
man, that took aages for me to type, me being high and all.
read it in little time. what was it again?

Lyman Zerga
09-04-2006, 12:42 PM
wow

best of luck for you

and ill mind huggie you

Lex Diamonds
09-04-2006, 03:18 PM
The title of this thread reminds me of Scorpio from Dirty Harry. (y)

mikizee
09-04-2006, 08:43 PM
god damnit it i tried to ring my doc to get morphine and hes away for 3 fucking days!!!!! im in paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

HOTWIFE
09-04-2006, 08:55 PM

will i ever live this down? i fear not.

tracky
09-04-2006, 10:19 PM
dude that sucks (n) Hopefully it all heals up and you get feeling back

Bob
09-05-2006, 12:06 AM
will i ever live this down? i fear not.

believe me, there are worse posts to be remembered by

mikizee
09-05-2006, 05:53 AM
sweet, just went to a doc that i know hands out prescriptions like a street hooker hands out hep c. it took a grand total of 35 seconds to convince him to prescribe me morphine.

i have to say, im a little disappointed. ive taken a heap and i dont feel high, nor has the pain diminished at all.

bugger.

Laver1969
09-15-2006, 07:45 AM
All four wisdom teef are coming out in about an hour!!! Woohoo.:D

mikizee
09-15-2006, 07:49 AM
All four wisdom teef are coming out in about an hour!!! Woohoo.:D

in the chair or hospital? are they knocking you out? oh yeah, thanks for bumping my terrific thread. its good to be on top again.

by the way, my jaw still CANES. i found out its actually fractured in 3 places. and all of those places hurt. im still eating painkillers like tic tacs.

good luck, by the way. im sure it will go much smoother than mine.

Laver1969
09-15-2006, 07:55 AM
in the chair or hospital? are they knocking you out? oh yeah, thanks for bumping my terrific thread. its good to be on top again.

by the way, my jaw still CANES. i found out its actually fractured in 3 places. and all of those places hurt. im still eating painkillers like tic tacs.

good luck, by the way. im sure it will go much smoother than mine.

In the chair and local only. None are impacted...so I'm hoping it won't be too bad.

Ally Al
09-15-2006, 07:59 AM
The title of this thread reminds me of Scorpio from Dirty Harry. (y)

LOL!

ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT GENTLY DOWN THE STREAM... SING!!!!

mikizee
09-15-2006, 07:59 AM
In the chair and local only. None are impacted...so I'm hoping it won't be too bad.

you'll be fine then. enjoy the happy gas (y)