PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the George Forman Grill...

skra75
09-06-2006, 09:21 PM
really sucks big dicks.

Drederick Tatum
09-06-2006, 09:23 PM
I remember cracking up when I first saw the infomercials for those things, but it seems that in America at least they've become a significant part of popular culture.

Bob
09-06-2006, 09:26 PM
do you have the cheap, small one? i've found a pretty easy way to do it, i only go through three paper towels. what i do, is i wash it pretty much immediately after eating. that way it's still fairly hot, but not untouchably so. take a paper towel, get it wet, but don't squeeze it out, keep it wet. run it over the grill, that'll get most of the crap off, but it'll still be pretty grimy. take another paper towel, keep it similarly wet, run it over the grill again, that'll get the rest of the shit off. maybe use that one to wipe off the top part of the grill, too. then take a dry paper towel and dry the thing off. obviously it doesn't get it CLEAN, as you can't use soap or anything, but it keeps it at least clean LOOKING. keep the grease trap in place for all this, so the filthy water will just run off into that. it's actually kind of satisfying to watch.

Bob
09-06-2006, 09:28 PM
I remember cracking up when I first saw the infomercials for those things, but it seems that in America at least they've become a significant part of popular culture.

we all thought they were a joke too, but damnit, they're pretty good. they're useful for guys like me (single, lazy, no cooking skills) for a quick and decent meal.

skra75
09-06-2006, 09:30 PM
lol you're anal
mine's a wreck:(

Bob
09-06-2006, 09:31 PM
if you're vigilant about it, it's easy to keep it clean. i guess i am pretty anal about keeping food-related items clean. i rinse off pots immediately after using them, even if it means letting the food get cold. i hate crusty dishes.

maybe just buy a new one, they're only $20

ET
09-06-2006, 09:37 PM
The old grease gives your future meals that 'rustic' flavor.

Mr. Boomin'Granny
09-06-2006, 10:39 PM
fuck. Tell me about it. I gotta clean it up after cosmo cooks her veggie burgers and then she yells at me when I don't clean up after my buffalo burgers.

cosmo105
09-06-2006, 10:59 PM
oh fucking please. my veggie burgers leave, what, a millimeter of crust? and your meat patties fill up the whole fucking TRAY with fat.

yeah, that's right. go fuck yourself steger.

Pres Zount
09-06-2006, 11:02 PM
guys, guys, no :(

don't fight. Comso should clean her shit up. Please don't fight. :(

befsquire
09-06-2006, 11:02 PM
i sorta miss my george forman grill. i had one in law school, but gave it away when i was finished living half in one city, half in the other.

cosmo105
09-06-2006, 11:06 PM
I'LL DO WHATEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE

Bob
09-06-2006, 11:08 PM
i sorta miss my george forman grill. i had one in law school, but gave it away when i was finished living half in one city, half in the other.

i know public defenders don't make a lot of money but geez buy a new one

befsquire
09-06-2006, 11:10 PM
i have a real grill now. comes with a dude that cooks the food.

jabumbo
09-06-2006, 11:44 PM
The old grease gives your future meals that 'rustic' flavor.

yeah, treat it just like your wok

ps: i use the same cleansing method as bob, and its fun to hear the first paper towel sizzle as it cleans

voltanapricot
09-07-2006, 07:16 AM
I used to clean our one with a scourer. I was just reading over the instructions for my new one the other day where it had specified not to do this. The food will probably be sticking to the plate a lot more now because it's gone all silver. And pretty.

mp-seventythree
09-07-2006, 07:35 AM
I just got a new one with removable plates. Much easier to clean(y)

Bitchamachacha
09-07-2006, 07:50 AM
(y)

I've had the same one for seven years, and I have yet to master the GF cleaning technique. I scrape off the grease with that flimsy excuse for a forked spatula it came with, then scrub it with a warm, soapy paper towel. But I can never get it all off the lid coils on the back, or out of the little nooks & crannies the grease drips into.

Cleaning my broiling pan is much easier. I can soak it without fearing I'll fuck up some electrical thing like I do with ol' Georgie's grill.

ericlee
09-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Please don't tell me that you own an outside Georger Forman grill. What is the purpose of those?

The indoor ones make sense but the outside grill should pollute the air with the goodness of bbq aroma that teases neighbors 10 blocks away.

mikizee
09-07-2006, 08:03 AM
so im not alone!!!!!! i fucking hate cleaning george. (as we call it). when i cook the missus cleans, and vice versa. when i cook i use maybe one saucepan or frypan and a spatula. then when she cooks i ask her what shes gunna do and EVERY TIME she says, 'oh, im just gunna use george' and i say 'FUCKING HELL!!! NOT AGAIN!! I HATE CLEANING THAT THING! ITS SUCH A BITCH!!!' then she tells me to stop whining and its not hard at all which is bullshit. its a pain in the ass. it seems that george creates alot of fights between couples.

voltanapricot
09-07-2006, 08:17 AM

That would make it more possible to give it a thorough clean and so it probably wouldn't smell so much (as ours does). I just went upstairs to see if my new one had this feature. It looks like I'm still going to have to continue living with that greasy pong machine sitting in my cupboard.

Helvete
09-07-2006, 08:20 AM
I was going to say they should make one where you can do that. Much easier to drop them in the wash bowl and get them properly clean with soap and shit. I actually wonder how clean they really are just by wiping them down with paper towels.

na§tee
09-07-2006, 08:40 AM
removable plates?! look at you, fancy pants! haha.
um, i gave up using my george forman after about 2 months. it was wee.
i've seen ones in america which are proper, hardcore military-style size, like! huge! like ones you can us at a BBQ. awesome.

Bob
09-07-2006, 09:50 AM
so im not alone!!!!!! i fucking hate cleaning george. (as we call it). when i cook the missus cleans, and vice versa. when i cook i use maybe one saucepan or frypan and a spatula. then when she cooks i ask her what shes gunna do and EVERY TIME she says, 'oh, im just gunna use george' and i say 'FUCKING HELL!!! NOT AGAIN!! I HATE CLEANING THAT THING! ITS SUCH A BITCH!!!' then she tells me to stop whining and its not hard at all which is bullshit. its a pain in the ass. it seems that george creates alot of fights between couples.

it's really not that hard. you just have to be prompt. seriously, 2 wet (don't squeeze them!) paper towels while it's still warm and you're done.

abcdefz
09-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Cleaning's not tough if the grill is wiped down while it is still warm. It's teflon, I'm pretty sure -- not the roughest job in the world.

Wait 'til the stuff dries, though, and forget it.

Also: I've cleaned mine with soap and water under a faucet before; I just don't tip the back of the unit toward the water. That keeps the electrical area clean; the rest of the grill is so well sealed off that I don't think it's a problem. Hasn't been for me, anyway, and my grill is about... six years old? -- something like that.

Don't submerge the grill; just wash it under the faucet when necessary.

The Notorious LOL
09-07-2006, 10:29 AM
soak it in vinegar, dorks.

skra75
09-07-2006, 10:50 AM

gross man, sounds gross

steve-onpoint
09-07-2006, 11:30 AM
really sucks big dicks.

Fucking totally. Soap suds are the worst with that bitch. I guarantee it (http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/webpics/george_foreman.jpg).

marsdaddy
09-07-2006, 11:53 AM
They're disposable.

Anyway, grills are meant to be seasoned and not with soap. Get a good scrubbing brush and use hot water on grill while it's still warm. Wash brush with soap but not grill.

abcdefz
09-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Grills are bad for your teeth, anyway.

beastiegirrl101
09-07-2006, 12:00 PM

white, apple, red or balsamic?

skra75
09-07-2006, 12:01 PM
white i presume. shit smells awful, that's why I questioned him.

WillMac
09-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Check this shit out.....
http://www.esalton.com/control/product/~category_id=C20009/~product_id=GFSP3;jsessionid=2B3219FB65CB857CD09C9 D5F8CD353E9.sprod1

beastiegirrl101
09-07-2006, 12:02 PM
if you want to take a detox bath all you have to do is put a cup of apple cider vinegar in the water and hang out in it for about 15 minutes.(y)

steve-onpoint
09-07-2006, 04:55 PM
They're disposable.

Anyway, grills are meant to be seasoned and not with soap. Get a good scrubbing brush and use hot water on grill while it's still warm. Wash brush with soap but not grill.

i was referring to the mini indoor "grill." but thanks for the info ;)

The Notorious LOL
09-07-2006, 04:57 PM
detox it with an apple cider bath

TAL
09-07-2006, 05:17 PM
I have never seen one in real life.

Drederick Tatum
09-07-2006, 05:20 PM
I've seen one, but it was right at the back of a friend's cupboard looking pretty mangy.

chrisd
09-07-2006, 05:23 PM
I hate reality, but it's the only place where I can get a steak dinner.

- Woody Allen

DIGI
09-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Check this shit out.....
http://www.esalton.com/control/product/~category_id=C20009/~product_id=GFSP3;jsessionid=2B3219FB65CB857CD09C9 D5F8CD353E9.sprod1

Those things suck. They fall apart on the grill while cleaning it.

Also, I'd just like to take this opportunity to tell you all that there is a grill powered by a HEMI engine. It can cook 240 hot dogs in 3 minutes!!!!!!!!! I shit you not.