View Full Version : omgs!!1 i'm 1.5k in debt

Teh
09-07-2006, 11:40 AM
fuck you landlord
fuck you alcohol
fuck you university

skra75
09-07-2006, 11:41 AM
1.5 K Bwahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhaahhahahaha!
that's peanuts man. peanuts.
1 to 2 years tops, you'll be fine.;)

icy manipulator
09-07-2006, 11:42 AM
dude that's nothing, i'm up to about $20000 in HECS uni debt. but the government cant take a cent until i'm earning a decent amount of money :D

Teh
09-07-2006, 11:44 AM
I've been at uni like, a year now guys.

5x 1.5 = £6k when i graduate

IF i'm lucky

Ach who cares, in less than 3 hours i'll be smashed out of my face at the garage. s'all good.

WillMac
09-07-2006, 11:45 AM
wait till you buy a house small frys

roosta
09-07-2006, 11:47 AM
haha..wow wee, i just this minute got a bill for 1.5k for my next year at college. but im not down..i have ANOTHER YEAR OF COLLEGE!

yay for avoiding reality for another year!!

na§tee
09-07-2006, 11:49 AM
dude, that's nothing (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=70354&highlight=broke+flat)!

my overdraft is £1,800 and i've been graduated a year.
my student loans are about £13k but i don't even think of that as debt.
i've said my piece about money so many times it bores me, so i won't continue.

but i will say to a-z that i am close to paying off my target £400 for this month off-a my overdraft! that's a full 750 of your US dollars! EAT THAT, shocked man! :p

Helvete
09-07-2006, 12:11 PM
One of the reasons I never wanted to go to College. All this debt and shit. I have $14,000 in my account and nothing to do with it, and I wasn't even trying to save, and that's just saved in 1 year! Score!

Who wants some?

icy manipulator
09-07-2006, 12:14 PM
i'm sure whatever devil worshiping douche bag cult you're part of would love it

Teh
09-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah, well said 1.5k is my overdraft, i didn't take any loans out in 1st year but i'll have to this year as there is no way i can keep putting in the hours i did during 1st year in order to pay all my expenses. 2nd year is the hardest year for my degree, allegedly, and i don't want to take any risks and spend more time working than i will in university. As long as i can pay rent, utilities and get a can of 3p baked beans once a fortnight i'll probably manage. Debt doesn't bother me either as i should be able to get a fairly well paid job having graduated.

It's just a bit unnerving seeing -1500 on your balance, ya know?

skra75
09-07-2006, 12:35 PM
I have $14,000 in my account and nothing to do with it, and I wasn't even trying to save, and that's just saved in 1 year!

You should invest. Go to T Rowe Price or Fidelity, look into mutuals or a brokerage account. Those people are easy to talk to and most he shit's online and it makes investing easy. For real, you could be making that money grow.

skra75
09-07-2006, 12:35 PM
It's just a bit unnerving seeing -1500 on your balance, ya know?

yes, negative balance does blow. better take care of that soon before the collection ppl chase you.

Teh
09-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Well my overdraft limit is £2k so i'm ok for now. The way it stands, per month if i spend what i have been spending in the past it'll actually get less and less by about £50 a month, but i'm going back to uni in less than 3 weeks so i'd be suprised if it stayed that way.

Anyways, time to get plastered.

Freebasser
09-07-2006, 12:42 PM
my overdraft is £1,800 and i've been graduated a year.
my student loans are about £13k

We have almost the exact same amount of debt. Spookeh.

abcdefz
09-07-2006, 12:47 PM
but i will say to a-z that i am close to paying off my target £400 for this month off-a my overdraft! that's a full 750 of your US dollars! EAT THAT, shocked man! :p

(y)

HEIRESS
09-07-2006, 01:20 PM
I have about 20 grand sitting around doing nothing in my account

Im so lazy with my money, its sickening

I think Ill buy a house within the next year, meh

abcdefz
09-07-2006, 01:29 PM
I have about 20 grand sitting around doing nothing in my account

Im so lazy with my money, its sickening

That reminds me! -- I'm supposed to blackmail you.

mp-seventythree
09-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Wait until you get divorced, then you'll know the true meaning of debt

Bob
09-07-2006, 05:26 PM
1.5 K Bwahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhaahhahahaha!
that's peanuts man. peanuts.
1 to 2 years tops, you'll be fine.;)

for fucking serious

i'll be around $50,000 at the end of THIS YEAR. don't talk to me about debt dude

chrisd
09-07-2006, 05:27 PM
My accountant says I'll get by, if I live like Mahatma Gandhi.

- Woody Allen

monkey
09-07-2006, 08:01 PM
im SO lucky that my school is cheap. im getting the best education deal ever.

but once i get to grad school, im probably gonna go into thousandSSSS in debt. and im not even planning on being rich. im gonna be paying off my phd for life. :( :o

Bob
09-07-2006, 08:03 PM
im gonna be paying off my phd for life. :( :o

they let you do that? i only get 10 years

20 for one of the loans

The Notorious LOL
09-07-2006, 09:28 PM
I got like $500,000 in debt but its all good because I have $190,000 just chilling in my bank account because I have this "money sickness" where if I spend it I get the shits so I just bank it!

skra75
09-07-2006, 09:34 PM
for fucking serious

i'll be around $50,000 at the end of THIS YEAR. don't talk to me about debt dude

!+sweet+jesus+!

Teh
09-07-2006, 09:37 PM
GOT A LUST 4 LIFE

LUST FOR LIFEEE

omg chicken korma heated n a mcrowave is the best at 4am when you've just been kicked out and you're feelin like shit cos your best mate pulled your ex. twice. help?!

Teh
09-07-2006, 09:41 PM
I should get over it shouldnt i. who cares n stuff.

it's been like 7 months n shit but believe it or not it still bothers me to see them exchanging saliva

rar

Nivvie
09-08-2006, 01:07 AM
I thought I was bad with about £40k after house sunk (yes it was a boat, and too old to continue insuring) and husband got made redundant at the same time. I still have a marine stupid mortgage, but I work with a woman who spent £170k on loans and credit cards (that's $318k) after her husband left her, and she used debt to survive.

Kid Presentable
09-08-2006, 01:13 AM
I've been at uni like, a year now guys.

5x 1.5 = £6k when i graduate

IF i'm lucky

Ach who cares, in less than 3 hours i'll be smashed out of my face at the garage. s'all good.
What are you studying?

na§tee
09-08-2006, 03:11 AM
but once i get to grad school, im probably gonna go into thousandSSSS in debt. and im not even planning on being rich. im gonna be paying off my phd for life. :( :o
are you thinking of being an academic? in what? oooh, tell me! i'm interested.

i'm seriously thinking going down the whole film professor career path. i got funding to do my masters when i first graduated but i turned it down for the 'real world' :(. i wanted to be sure that i was doing it for the right reasons, and not just nostalgia that i wanted to remain a student forever. the funding was good, too. they would have paid my tuition fees and provided me £14k in support etc (about $26k).

i know if i go down this route i wouldn't be able to do it without getting PhD funding, too. but i feel pretty confident about it. if i do my masters and successfully get funding next year, i'll have great references and (hopefully) a good piece of research to back me up. because there's a real shortage of film/tv lecturers your chances are better at getting some sorta funding because they want to fill the gaps in knowledge.

have you considered all the funding options, then? it's sort of signing your life away if you have to pay for your doctorate. i'm trying to look at it more as "training" for my future career than being a student forever. you know, like doctors have to train for x amount of years before they can practice, so do people who teach. i'm scared of the whole motivational aspect of it, though. gah.

anyway - nivvie! it sunk! that is a pretty good debt story if ever i've heard of one. you win.

bob, i'm sorry! :( you'll make it all back once you become a high-flyer, i'm sure.

Beckalina
09-08-2006, 04:02 AM
I think I did alright with my money during uni, I owe 10 grand in student loan and I only went into my overdraft once, by 20 quid! woo *rubs it in*

you may have noticed that my pound sign doesn't work :( bum

Teh
09-08-2006, 04:17 AM
I think I did alright with my money during uni, I owe 10 grand in student loan and I only went into my overdraft once, by 20 quid! woo *rubs it in*

you may have noticed that my pound sign doesn't work :( bum

*rubs it in*

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ £££££££££££ £ £ ££

£