PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuits against musicians

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
09-07-2006, 09:30 PM
The reason I make this thread is because I was watching the 100 greatest shocking Rock & Roll moments, and number 24 is the lawsuit against Judas Priest, because after a entire day of smoking and drinking, 2 teenagers attempted to kill themselves (one succeeded) because a Judas Priest song supposivley contained subliminal messeges saying "do it" over and over again.
First of all, what the fuck? That's just dumb as hell. No one put a gun to your head, no one forced you to be a dumb fuck, you were born that way.
Same thing with Marilyn Manson, Eminem, ect...
Why should you be allowed to sue celebrities? What a buncha chud's... (n)

The Notorious LOL
09-07-2006, 09:55 PM
supposedly

Bob
09-07-2006, 09:58 PM
no no, it's supposably

TurdBerglar
09-07-2006, 10:03 PM
what the fuck is a chud

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
09-07-2006, 10:09 PM
No one ever said I can spell. I've been here for what now? 3 years. Come on, it's a well known fact.

Documad
09-07-2006, 11:25 PM
I remember it well. There was actually a good article in Rolling Stone, and also a documentary that was probably on public television. I vividly remember seeing Rob Halford testify because he looked really business-man like and I'd never seen him out of leather pants before. That had to be in the documentary. I remember that all the members of Judas Priest had to hang out in that town for weeks while the trial was going on. Rob had to explain why he wrote what he wrote. The documentary followed the band around and they were so out of place -- being British and probably not the most educated guys but they were just going through this horrible thing because they had to -- just following their attorney's instructions and bewildered by what they might have done to get stuck sitting in a ridiculous trial that could kill their careers and bankrupt them.

The two kids were so pathetic. I feel sorry for anyone who is dumb enough or disturbed enough to kill himself, but these kids were even more pathetic than expected. The one who lived shot the bottom of his face off. He died three years later. Maybe from complications? Anyhow, I can still see his mutilated face. He was interviewed in the documentary. The funny thing was that I think he got a girl pregnant after blowing his face off. I mean really. I remember both boys' moms came across really bad. They were hoping for a big payday probably.

Bob
09-07-2006, 11:35 PM
reminds me of

You hear about these two kids, big fans of that band Judas Priest? They listened to the band then killed themselves....wow...two less gas station attendants in the world. What? I don't mean to be cruel but I don't think we lost a cure for cancer here. Trust me, there'll be no delay in the shuttle program because of this. But again, nobody asked the question that I wanted asking at the trial. There are these subliminal messages, backwards messages on the album ok? Here's the question that did not get asked in this retarded case...what performer wants their audience dead?

"You know, dude, I'm fucking sick of this. I am fucking sick of it. I'm sick of the touring. I'm suck of making 400,000 dollars a fucking night. I'm sick of the free drugs, the free booze, the groupies blowing me to fucking dawn every night, I'm in a rut and I want out."

"We got all those concerts coming up, man."

"I know, it sucks. Unless......hey, man, come here. I just had a fucking idea, man. What if, let's just say, what if....now open your mind real wide now. What if we kill the fucking audience? Could I go back to my day job? I could sell shoes again"

Dorothy Wood
09-07-2006, 11:46 PM
the beastie boys is how come I swear so much. :mad: I'm calling the police.

Bob
09-08-2006, 12:14 AM
the beastie boys is why i converted to judaism

yeahwho
09-08-2006, 12:24 AM
I say it all the time'
The Beastie Boys is why I rhyme'