PDA

View Full Version : actor power to the resucue!

cookiepuss
09-08-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm sure this is really gonna get the Senates attention in Washington....

this just in folks:

Brad Pitt, ever the social activist, says he won't be marrying Angelina Jolie until the restrictions on who can marry whom are dropped.

"Angie and I will consider tying the knot when everyone else in the country who wants to be married is legally able," the 42-year-old actor reveals in Esquire magazine's October issue, on newsstands Sept. 19.

um ok then. power to the people!:rolleyes:

I kinda don't get it. how exactly is 2 hollywood people refusing not to get married going to overturn the gay marriage restrictions when most heterosexual people in hollywood (including pitt and jolie) have not been able to get thier marriages to work in the first place?:confused:

Waus
09-08-2006, 05:01 PM
I demand they get married! This is an outrage! Brad and Angelina NEED to be married now!

kll
09-08-2006, 05:04 PM
jesus christ. the arrogance these people have and the inflated self-importance is just nauseating.

paris hilton too.

and lionel richie for comparing nicole to princess diana.

and.
and.
and.

the list goes on and on...

absurd.

hpdrifter
09-08-2006, 05:09 PM
I sort of felt the same way about their having their daughter in Namibia. They said it was to draw attention to an oft neglected country, but did it really? And what kind of attention? I don't know more about Namibia now than I did before.

QueenAdrock
09-08-2006, 05:43 PM
I don't think it'll do anything, but when actors try to do something good, no matter how small, I appreciate it. Just because there are a bunch of rich arrogant bastards out there that don't give a shit about anyone but themselves, their money, their careers, and who they're gonna bang next. It's a breath of fresh air to see them at least trying to make a difference.

cookiepuss
09-08-2006, 06:02 PM
you know who's really pretty awesome?

Michael J Fox. I just saw the E True Hollywood story on him. it was good. I love it when actors get terrible diseases and put alot of energy into educating people about it. er that came out wrong...or maybe it didn't. maybe I like to see them humbled by disease. except michael j. isn't really humble. he's more awesome, like yep I'm just gonna deal with this you don't have to treat me special but you do have to learn more about this disease.
and he did a damn good job of hiding the disease for 10 years which says wonders not only for the drugs they can use to combat the disease but also his adaptability as an actor.

mcfly rules!(y)

Pres Zount
09-09-2006, 02:43 AM
Yeah, I love it when actors don't give a fuck about cancer until they get cancer, and then suddenly everyone has to understand cancer. Yeah.

Nivvie
09-09-2006, 02:52 AM
I think Brad's just using it as cop out to avoid getting married.
He knows it could well be a while, then he'll say, 'We aren't geting married until there's world peace.'