PDA

View Full Version : In other Jigga and The Little Homie news....

mickill
09-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Apparently, Jay's been advertising his upcoming album during recent shows out in Europe. The official release date seems to be Novemeber 14th. Other sources indicate that it should hit stores by Novemeber 21st. Whichever. It'll probably leak by mid October anyway. The first single's called 'Show Me What You Got', while the rumored title he's chosen for the "comeback" album itself is Presidential Gala, which is probably the second corniest title for a rap album I've heard all year.

Speaking of Hip Hop Is Dead, Nas is claiming that his upcoming album is his best ever. Not that he has more than two or three actual good albums under his belt or anything. Regardless, I'll believe it when I hear it, because that first little ditty he dropped a few months back was asscheeks as far as I can remember.

Nas also mentioned having recorded with Jay for his new album. Which sort of corresponds with what Swizz Beatz talked about in an interview with The Fader recently; Swizz played the interviewer a beat he claimed would be featuring Nas and Jay which had the line "when you on top, there's envy" from Nas' 'Hate Me Now' for the hook. I'm not a Swizz-hater or anything, but hopefully Nas is talking about something completely different. I'd rather hear them trade verses over a Just Blaze or Primo track or something.

And Lupe tricked Jay into doing a song with him: Pressure (http://www.sendspace.com/file/y0hiwy)

Poster Boy
09-12-2006, 10:17 AM
I feel like I'm not as excited as I should be about a jay-z comeback album.

maybe it was going back and diving into his catalogue and relaizing maybe he'd accomplished it all already.

Poster Boy
09-12-2006, 10:20 AM
ps, that song with jay and lupe is kinda stupid

Lo_Lyfe
09-12-2006, 10:22 AM
jays flow is wack now. i worry about another blueprint 2

mickill
09-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Well, it's a Lupe song. You can't set your expectations too high.

I don't think Jay's ever had a real near perfect album, just a bunch of classic songs. This could be his chance. But I doubt it. He's working with most of the same producers from The Black Album (plus Dre, The Runners and Scott storch), so it could be a retread of that album. I don't see him breaking new ground like he did with The Blueprint.

mickill
09-12-2006, 10:25 AM
jays flow is wack now. i worry about another blueprint 2
You're high. His flow's just getting better with time. You could say his rhymes aren't as tight, but his flow is getting jacked to death for a reason.

Lo_Lyfe
09-12-2006, 10:30 AM
You're high. His flow's just getting better with time. You could say his rhymes aren't as tight, but his flow is getting jacked to death for a reason.
Shits lazy, all jay-z by the numbers shit. i could be wrong for certain, but im not gettin high hopes

mickill
09-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Think about his verse from the Hustlin remix: "We don't resort to violence/ we on resorts and islands"

That's the kinda shit that 1) the average rapper isn't clever enough to think of and 2) the average rapper couldn't really spit as convincingly. He says a lot without forcing it. Yeah, it's a throwaway verse, but people are just taking it for granted now.

Lo_Lyfe
09-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Think about his verse from the Hustlin remix: "We don't resort to violence/ we on resorts and islands"

That's the kinda shit that 1) the average rapper isn't clever enough to think of and 2) the average rapper couldn't really spit as convincingly. He says a lot without forcing it. Yeah, it's a throwaway verse, but people are just taking it for granted now.
aight its slick shit. but he could drop that on anything he guessed on lately. he fukked up the concept of the Diamonds remix by pretty much using that same type shit.

Poster Boy
09-12-2006, 11:53 AM
either love him
or leave him alone

The Notorious LOL
09-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Lupe Fiasco has one good song on his album, and its good because of the Neptunes beat.

then he has a 12 minute long shoutout.

Poster Boy
09-13-2006, 04:47 PM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003121818

korn_phr33k
09-13-2006, 07:13 PM

you always seem to have strong opinions on who you think is good or not. I personally dont think Jay-Z is all that great. i listen to people like gift of gab or lyrics born and just cant undestand how these guys dont get more respect. Jay-Z couldnt touch gift of gab or lyrics born in flow in my opinion.

Lo_Lyfe
09-13-2006, 07:21 PM
you always seem to have strong opinions on who you think is good or not. I personally dont think Jay-Z is all that great. i listen to people like gift of gab or lyrics born and just cant undestand how these guys dont get more respect. Jay-Z couldnt touch gift of gab or lyrics born in flow in my opinion.
mayne, you really gotta change that screenname, dudell merk you on that alone

The Notorious LOL
09-13-2006, 07:23 PM
yeah anyone who calls themselves Korn Phr33k has an invalid opinion of music based solely off their screenname.

Lo_Lyfe
09-13-2006, 07:35 PM
yeah anyone who calls themselves Korn Phr33k has an invalid opinion of music based solely off their screenname.
which is weak in theory but truer than shit

korn_phr33k
09-14-2006, 04:06 AM

yeah yeah yeah, 3 years ago, bad choice, i know.

korn_phr33k
09-14-2006, 04:08 AM
mayne, you really gotta change that screenname, dudell merk you on that alone

if i could i would, but i dont think i can. can i? that would be helpful.

mickill
09-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Look, technically, Bridges Of Madison County is a very well made film, but I can't sit through it without drifting off into a state of complete comatosis. Adversely, something like say Fight Club more or less caters to the lowest common denominator of thinking, but offers enough charm and wit to keep you interested in what's happening.

I'm guessing you enjoyed The English Patient.

yooooo
09-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Speaking of Hip Hop Is Dead, Nas is claiming that his upcoming album is his best ever

i cant believe that

that first little ditty he dropped a few months back was asscheeks as far as I can remember.

true

Poster Boy
09-14-2006, 05:28 PM
everybody says their new record is their 'best ever'

i want an artist to be like 'oh, my new record? steer clear, it's dogshit.'

Kid Presentable
09-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Apparently, Jay's been advertising his upcoming album during recent shows out in Europe. The official release date seems to be Novemeber 14th. Other sources indicate that it should hit stores by Novemeber 21st. Whichever. It'll probably leak by mid October anyway. The first single's called 'Show Me What You Got', while the rumored title he's chosen for the "comeback" album itself is Presidential Gala, which is probably the second corniest title for a rap album I've heard all year.

Speaking of Hip Hop Is Dead, Nas is claiming that his upcoming album is his best ever. Not that he has more than two or three actual good albums under his belt or anything. Regardless, I'll believe it when I hear it, because that first little ditty he dropped a few months back was asscheeks as far as I can remember.

Nas also mentioned having recorded with Jay for his new album. Which sort of corresponds with what Swizz Beatz talked about in an interview with The Fader recently; Swizz played the interviewer a beat he claimed would be featuring Nas and Jay which had the line "when you on top, there's envy" from Nas' 'Hate Me Now' for the hook. I'm not a Swizz-hater or anything, but hopefully Nas is talking about something completely different. I'd rather hear them trade verses over a Just Blaze or Primo track or something.

And Lupe tricked Jay into doing a song with him: Pressure (http://www.sendspace.com/file/y0hiwy)

Cool. (y)

korn_phr33k
09-15-2006, 02:24 AM
Look, technically, Bridges Of Madison County is a very well made film, but I can't sit through it without drifting off into a state of complete comatosis. Adversely, something like say Fight Club more or less caters to the lowest common denominator of thinking, but offers enough charm and wit to keep you interested in what's happening.

I'm guessing you enjoyed The English Patient.

so in simpler terms youre (i think) saying that you still respect other artists for their talent but would rather have some "cheap thrills"? is this right, if not just explain it again.

and no i never saw the english patient, i watch comedies and action mostly if it really matters.

mickill
09-15-2006, 09:27 AM
I'm just saying that while I couldn't consider Gift Of Gab a wack rapper, he's just boring as hell to me. And yes, I prefer clever/interesting over intelligent/boring.

saml
09-15-2006, 09:33 AM
"comeback album"

mickill
09-15-2006, 09:42 AM
"It's more in the vein of The Black Album than The Blueprint"

Not surprising.

From SOHH:

After months of being tightlipped about his comeback album, Jay-Z recently revealed details of his highly anticipated opus to Entertainment Weekly magazine for its latest issue.

In a candid interview, which was conducted just weeks ago in New York City, the Brooklyn bred rapper turned Def Jam President divulged to EW the album's contributors and discussed how he got back into recording.

"It wasn't like a defining moment" said Jay-Z about his decision to record the album titled Kingdom Come. "Something, when you love it, is always tugging at you and itching, and I was putting it off and putting it off. I started fumbling around to see if it felt good."

According to Jay (born Sean Carter), Kingdom Come will feature production from Timbaland, Kanye West, Dr. Dre, Coldplay front man Chris Martin and most likely Rick Rubin.

Possible features on the album include Eminem and Beyonce.

"It's more in the vein of The Black Album than The Blueprint ," explained Jay about Kingdom Come's sound . "I've been experimenting with things, different types of music."

Kingdom Come will mark Jay's first solo release since 2003's The Black Album. During his three year hiatus, he has made guest appearances on remixes with Kanye, Rick Ross and Young Jeezy as well as songs with Beyonce, Mary J. Blige and Pharrell Williams among others.

"Clearly he is one of the biggest rap legends and the news of his return is huge, so we wanted him for the cover," Entertainment Weekly Senior Editor, Rob Brunner, told SOHH exclusively. "Luckily, he agreed, so it was a win-win for us both."

The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly will be available on newsstands on Monday (September 18). [Check out a sneak peak photo from the EW article.] Jay-Z's Kingdom Come is reportedly slated for a November 14th release.

I kinda got my hopes up there for a second when it said Chris Martin, thinking they meant Preemo.

The Notorious LOL
09-15-2006, 09:50 AM
lol@nas and jay-z's albums dropping within a week of each other

mickill
09-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Nas might even outsell Jay.

I typed that with a straight face and everything.

The Notorious LOL
09-15-2006, 09:55 AM
good for you. I would have laughed a bit typing it.

mickill
09-15-2006, 03:51 PM
One more update:

The full Jay-Z interview from Entertainment Weekly (http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1534551_4_0_,00.html). Pretty interesting read.

mickill
09-28-2006, 12:13 PM
More wtf (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5388228.stm) news.

roosta
09-28-2006, 12:28 PM
i saw him play in dublin the other night and he had fucking BONO introduce him via the video screen. almost ruined the entire night..

he's fallen in with a bad crowd. nah, the worst fucking crowd. once madonna gets involved ill concede the victory to cam....

mickill
09-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I think he feels like this kinda shit'll help him win over the Brits or something. He's sort of clueless in that regard. I wouldn't be surprised if I read he has images of the royal family up on the big screen during 'Moment of Clarity'.

Lex Diamonds
09-28-2006, 04:18 PM
If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack, maybe you'll love him when he fades to black.

So what is the date for Nas' album meant to be? I heard it was December 19th, is this still the accepted ETA or what?

mickill
09-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Yes. It got pushed right back to stocking stuffers week.

ggirlballa
09-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Def Jam can't decided when to drop albums sometimes.... seriously pick a date already!