PDA

View Full Version : Dirty - Sonic Youth

scotty
09-12-2006, 07:10 PM
I've been listening to this a lot lately and I'm convinced that this is one of the greatest records ever released.

From Drunken Butterfly to JC, this is gold in every track. Perfect, perfect pop.

afronaut
09-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Hmm, it's good. But it still left me disappointed.

saz
09-12-2006, 09:00 PM
it's very good, but i don't think it's one of the greatest albums ever released...certainly one of the youth's finest

DroppinScience
09-12-2006, 10:44 PM
In terms of Sonic Youth, I think their best work was "Goo."

Also, right now I'm listening to Thurston Moore's "Psychic Hearts," which is excellent!

afronaut
09-12-2006, 11:27 PM
In terms of Sonic Youth, I think their best work was "Goo."

I knew it, you really DON'T have any cred. You really are just a glossy mag whore.

DroppinScience
09-12-2006, 11:36 PM
I knew it, you really DON'T have any cred. You really are just a glossy mag whore.

Sorry, "Daydream Nation" and "Bad Moon Rising" is their best work. :rolleyes:

Lo_Lyfe
09-12-2006, 11:41 PM
new one is better than dirty

Rock
09-13-2006, 01:01 AM
1. Sister
2. Daydream Nation
3. Goo & Experimental Jet Set
4. Evol & Dirty
5. Washing Machine
6. Not really into any of the others but haven't really given them a chance.

I'm not really sure where to put Bad Moon Rising.

sercomdj01
09-13-2006, 03:52 AM
Sister is my fave followed by daydream nation. Then dirty and then goo.

Rock
09-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Sister is my fave followed by daydream nation. Then dirty and then goo.
nice. people just don't know about sister. sure they have some catchy riffs that make people say "Goo" is their favorite (not calling anyone out, because I used to say the same) but i'd say as far as the whole thing being put together...Sister is probably the best.

afronaut
09-13-2006, 12:49 PM
nice. people just don't know about sister. sure they have some catchy riffs that make people say "Goo" is their favorite (not calling anyone out, because I used to say the same) but i'd say as far as the whole thing being put together...Sister is probably the best.
Sister is without a doubt in rotation for my favorite SY album.

abcdefz
09-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Rioght now, I'd say Sister is their best, but I pretty often thing it's Daydream Nation. My mood changes.

Goo is too easily overlooked because it's comparatively accessible.

The Whitey Album is better than it deserves to be. :)

b-grrrlie
09-13-2006, 01:07 PM
I must say that the one that ends up on my turntable (or cd player) most often is nyc ghosts and flowers... I don't even have Sisters... :-(

sercomdj01
09-13-2006, 02:51 PM

I think catholic block is the most amazing guitar noise they've done (y)

Master-Dik is weirdest thing ever!"