PDA

View Full Version : Tinnitus

ericlee
09-13-2006, 06:46 PM
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz is all I've been hearing for the past 6 years and when I got on the plane and reached the high altitudes, it's gotten worse. I got off the plane 3 days ago and the ringing is still bad.

I've tried holding my nose and blowing but it hasn't helped. Turning on the fan or any other noisy device has been my only option to blur it out so I can fall asleep. If not, the constant ringing or buzzing will keep me awake.

I'm really worried that by the time I turn 36 (2years) I'll probably have a loss of 75% of my hearing.

Lex Diamonds
09-13-2006, 06:47 PM
PARDON?

See a doctor, man. Good excuse to miss some work tomorrow as well. (y)

ericlee
09-13-2006, 06:49 PM
TYPE LOUDER DAMMIT, I CAN'T HEAR SHIT!!

yeahwho
09-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Is this heredity or an enviromental problem with you? Many people I've worked with have gone down the same path as you. I have earplugs everywhere, I wear them at work quite a bit. I also have my hearing tested once a year, it's excellent but I've been all over protecting my hearing.

I always bring plugs to concerts but rarely use them.

ericlee
09-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Is this heredity or an enviromental problem with you? Many people I've worked with have gone down the same path as you. I have earplugs everywhere, I wear them at work quite a bit. I also have my hearing tested once a year, it's excellent but I've been all over protecting my hearing.

I always bring plugs to concerts but rarely use them.

environmental. Had alot of encounters where there's been loud noises but absolutely couldn't wear ear plugs. Also loud music and concerts but when I first started hearing the buzz 6 years ago, I've been bringing earplugs with me when I knew it would be loud.

Who knows though, it may be heredity but my Mom has never complained about it and my Dad isn't around for me to ask if he's got it.

I think the best option would be a hearing exam asap because this shit is pretty scary.

cosmo105
09-13-2006, 11:21 PM
http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=1089

Nivvie
09-14-2006, 02:36 AM
You can get medication for it, a lot of it really, really works.

My seven year old has it, she's also very deaf, my mother and brother are deaf in one ear each, and my nan has had tinnitus since she was three.

I have perfect hearing and the lot of them drive me insane.

Drederick Tatum
09-14-2006, 05:45 AM
if you've had it for 6 years then there's basically nothing you can do about it. friend of mine has it and she has to go to sleep with either the tv, radio or an audio book. you have my sympathy, man. that must suck.

Bitchamachacha
09-14-2006, 06:42 AM
if you've had it for 6 years then there's basically nothing you can do about it. friend of mine has it and she has to go to sleep with either the tv, radio or an audio book. you have my sympathy, man. that must suck.

Didn't you get a slight case of this a few years ago after being at a show or something.

I remember you posting about it.

Drederick Tatum
09-14-2006, 03:30 PM
yeah that was after a QOTSA show. wouldn't stop for over a week. apparently if you go to a doctor earlier enough you can start a treatment where they put you on some drip for one hour every day for two weeks. I wasn't looking forward to that. after working as I roadie I take my hearing real seriously. so many of those guys had the hearing of a 60 years old.

Loppfessor
09-14-2006, 03:40 PM
http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=1089

Umm why would you have him try a product that didn't work for the two people already have?

b-grrrlie
09-14-2006, 03:45 PM
My serious tinnitus started afree seeing Backyar d Babies at KFÉ 44 about 6-7 years go. it's still quite calm tho. byút my hearing (http://www.ochenk.com/entry.php?id=63) has beeb getting qqyitew a lot woese the last few years, can't hear ove r 12000 hz

ericlee
09-14-2006, 04:12 PM
My serious tinnitus started afree seeing Backyar d Babies at KFÉ 44 about 6-7 years go. it's still quite calm tho. byút my hearing (http://www.ochenk.com/entry.php?id=63) has beeb getting qqyitew a lot woese the last few years, can't hear ove r 12000 hz

after reading that, I think you suffer from tequillaitis:D

ericlee
09-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Umm why would you have him try a product that didn't work for the two people already have?

I was reading the whole thing with hopes till I got to the user's comments portion.

Thanks cos, I was thinking you could help out. Ohhh, don't even bother to explain now cause all I hear is bzzzzzzzzz.:mad:

marsdaddy
09-14-2006, 05:35 PM
I knew there was something oddly familiar about ericlee -- he's sprewell's kin.

Drederick Tatum
09-14-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm his stepfather. I beat him.

ericlee
09-14-2006, 06:36 PM
he beat me so hard that I have tinnitus. I guess you can call it hereditary.