PDA

View Full Version : lord jamar: the 5% album

Dr Deaf
09-14-2006, 09:10 AM
i was watching oz last night and a character called
supreme allah (a 5 percenter) was introduced. at the end of the episode he was credited as lord jamal.

i thought, "hey i wonder if that's lord jamal from brand nubian..." and it was.

he's got a new album in stores now.

listen to a few tracks here (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=30654172)

anyone picked it up?

sounds like brand nubian, hold the grand puba to me.

icy manipulator
09-14-2006, 09:20 AM
i remember that dude from Oz, never realised he was an artist tho. i'll check out some of his stuff and get back to you about it

mickill
09-14-2006, 09:34 AM
I haven't really liked what I've heard so far. But I've heard a few tracks from Sadat X's new album that kinda surprised me.

Helvete
09-14-2006, 10:36 AM
I hate Supreme Allah in Oz, and I hate 5% in life.

b i o n i c
09-14-2006, 10:49 AM
lord jamar's mom is a jehova's witness, she's dissapointed in her son "goes around calling himself lord! hmmph!" in a sweet old lady sorta way. naru reprazent

icy manipulator
09-14-2006, 11:05 AM
i haven't seen Oz on ages. remind me, why do they call them 5%'s?

Helvete
09-14-2006, 11:26 AM
i haven't seen Oz on ages. remind me, why do they call them 5%'s?
85% are the uninformed masses
10% are the devils who exploit the masses
5% are the knowledgable gods who know all the supreme bullshit.

Basically, it's not exactly right, but that's the idea.

ericlee
09-14-2006, 01:32 PM
is season 6 any good? I've got dvd seasons 1-4 and saw a little of 5 but it's starting to loose some content.

icy manipulator
09-14-2006, 01:36 PM
the last season i saw was wher kareem saeed kills adabisi or however you spell his name, and Tobias thought he was getting out too. which season is that?

ericlee
09-14-2006, 03:12 PM
the last season i saw was wher kareem saeed kills adabisi or however you spell his name, and Tobias thought he was getting out too. which season is that?

I think that's season 5. I'm really thinking they should stick a fork in the in it after season 6 (if they haven't already). I saw season 6 at the store and I'm thinking about getting it.

mickill
09-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Where the other inmates were referring to Tobias as "Dorothy" and they were all like, "Dorothy would like to see you"...I remember that.

saz
09-14-2006, 05:38 PM
I think that's season 5. I'm really thinking they should stick a fork in the in it after season 6 (if they haven't already). I saw season 6 at the store and I'm thinking about getting it.

no, it was at the very end of season 4 (part 1) that kareem killed adebisi. oz was amazing, but it went from a great, no holds barred prison show to a shitty soap opera in the fifth season

ericlee
09-14-2006, 06:34 PM
what the fuck did I write? "stick a fork in the in it"?

I need to quit talking on the mobile when I'm typing.