PDA

View Full Version : So I've been listening to Lupe Fiasco's album

Poster Boy
09-17-2006, 06:00 AM
over on his myspace page.

I don't think I've ever used this word to describe any kind of hip hop ever.

Shit's pretentious as hell.

yooooo
09-17-2006, 06:52 AM
send a link.

i think lupe fiasco is shit

checkyourprez
09-17-2006, 08:44 AM
i like his stuff. its good.

ggirlballa
09-17-2006, 08:27 PM
wow i might acyually buy it now

i've liked lupe since his first single he released in the mainstream Kick/Push

i heard it before anybody else i know & kept telling them "Yo you gotta check this guy out his name is LUPE FIASCO!"

he is a breath of fresh air to all the other hip hop on MTV

even to some of u haterz...admit it...u wud rather listen to lupe fiasco then ying yang twins or young joc..........right?

Poster Boy
09-18-2006, 12:01 AM
I actually do like it (aside from the jay-z track) but I just hate how he comes off like he's doing us a favor by making music.

roosta
09-18-2006, 03:42 AM
i dont get the backlash he's gotten..."kick push" was great. i might check this out.

Kid Presentable
09-18-2006, 08:31 AM
i dont get the backlash he's gotten..."kick push" was great. i might check this out.
I loved 'Kick Push' too. It's pretty good for modern rap music.

Auton
09-18-2006, 01:38 PM
lupe fiasco is shit. only thing good off the album is that track neptunes produced, and even then it's only good because of the beat.

mickill
09-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Just because he's overhyped and pretentious as hell doesn't mean he's shit. I'm not personally feeling the guy, and I think he's kind of a biter, but I don't think he's wack. I just think he's corny.

Auton
09-18-2006, 01:50 PM
good for you. i still think he sucks.

The Notorious LOL
09-18-2006, 02:00 PM
he is the byproduct of internet nerd rap...which is better than say, Vinnie Paz.

I dunno, his albums pretty mehhhhh but its not terrible. Id rather listen to him rap than Common.

Jitters
10-05-2006, 12:46 PM
I got the album a few days ago and it took a while to grow on me, I really like it now, he may be overhyped but he manages to talk about something other than cars and women so he's good in my book.

The Notorious LOL
10-05-2006, 02:34 PM
yes, because every rap album ever released talks about nothing but cars and women. Thats the ignorant stereotype perpetuated by closet racists who have never really paid attention to anything being said other than the package and the radio single.

cosmo105
10-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I dunno, his albums pretty mehhhhh but its not terrible. Id rather listen to him rap than Common.
hahahaha, Common perfomed at my school a couple a weeks ago. i don't know anyone that went, and they still can't get rid of the flyers from it

checkyourprez
10-05-2006, 08:07 PM
yes, because every rap album ever released talks about nothing but cars and women. Thats the ignorant stereotype perpetuated by closet racists who have never really paid attention to anything being said other than the package and the radio single.

that is a very good joke.

KingSpanner
10-06-2006, 04:34 PM
I was listening to some total wack stuff on the radio on my way to buy fish, the guy was rappin about bein in the VIP and puttin guns in the air and starting a hold up. How does that make sense in any situation? Going backstage with girls and shooting people? What sort of club wtf..... it's like they picked stuff that appeals to people out of a hat and just combined them all without thinking about what the hell the product was

Jitters
10-06-2006, 04:52 PM
it's like they picked stuff that appeals to people out of a hat and just combined them all without thinking about what the hell the product was

I feel the same way whenever I hear a song on the radio, lyrics in songs just aren't original anymore, especially in rap, so that's why this album was such a breath of fresh air for me.

ggirlballa
10-06-2006, 08:18 PM
i adore Lupe

it's too bad that he doesn't get much airplay from the L.A radio stations here...today i asked some of my friends if they knew about him & only about 2 knew....they NEED this for at least a little breath of fresh air but the radio keeps on giving them the same crap

DroppinScience
10-07-2006, 01:07 AM
yes, because every rap album ever released talks about nothing but cars and women.

Come to think of it, every rock album ever released talks about nothing but cars and women, too...

Jitters
10-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Come to think of it, every rock album ever released talks about nothing but cars and women, too...

No you got it wrong, all rock albums ever have on it are guys talking about their feelings......what a bunch of wussies :D

To be serious though, if you look solely at rock music and rap then most of the time rap talks more about cars and women but there are definitely some rockers out there that talk about nothing but the same old same old.

The Notorious LOL
10-10-2006, 01:41 AM
Lupe Fiasco talks about nothing...basically. Hes a fruity skateboarding dork in japanese hipster jeans and a $300 BAPE hoodie rapping about absolutely nothing yet everyone here talks about how hes "talking about new and different shit".

he spends half of his first verse on "I gotcha" rambling about cologne or perfume or some shit. Perhaps some metaphor? I dont give a shit enough to dissect it. "Kick, Push" is a good idea for a song, I guess. Im pretty sure Murs or some other independent dork has already rapped about skateboarding and I didnt care then either.

Then, he of course spends a portion of his record talking down about all the "drugs and guns bling bling" shit and basically completely contradicts himself and hopes no one remembers that he wrote a song called "Pop Pop" (http://www.ezarchive.com/kevinmurphy/AlbumSpace/8X4SNWTQHS/_zid-1984784/_open-/01_Pop_Pop.mp3;file=/01_Pop_Pop.mp3) where he basically talks nothing but the same thug shit he spends a portion of this album talking shit about.

RoryMC
10-10-2006, 06:35 AM
I got the album the other day and it's alright. Nothing special but certainly a refreshing album to listen to.

ggirlballa
10-12-2006, 01:03 AM
when Lupe first started out i heard he use to try to rap like a hardcore thug or something like that & that he obviously changed his style now

whatever i still like Lupe

Jitters
10-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Yeah, if you listen to his older stuff he obviously switched lyrical gears. He definitely has a promising career ahead of him. I hope his next album has some catchier beats though, even though I was actually bobbing my head to this album which I NEVER do.

ggirlballa
10-12-2006, 06:10 PM
so i was talking to my friend about some hip hop today & he brings up Lupe Fiasco & says that he met him at a venue were he was going to perform & that he gave him his Food & Liquor CD & autographed it too.....i asked him to bring it to school but he said no.....this guy lies a lot so i'm guessing its another one of his lies:p

pretty cool though..

Funkyfreshgrape
10-12-2006, 06:11 PM
i only like the songs 'kick push' and 'i gotcha' tahts it

ggirlballa
10-12-2006, 06:14 PM
i only like the songs 'kick push' and 'i gotcha' tahts it

well are those the only ones you've heard? since they are the only ones that have been released as singles:D