PDA

View Full Version : A little review I wrote

discopants
09-20-2006, 05:55 AM
of Swamp Thing by The Chameleons. I just did it out of nowhere, the creativity flowed.

The great thing about Swamp Thing by The Chameleons is that the differing moods in the song reflects not only climate changes (guitar=rain, drums=thunder, plus synths or something to represent the sun breaking though the clouds), from being sunny to a down pour, creating a rainbow, but their very own position in music, occupying a space between bombastic Rolling Stones style rock and Echo and the Bunnymen meets The Cure nostalgia and wistfulness, thus they are their own rainbow, a mix of atmospheric elemental conditions that produces something rare, magical and impossible to pin down. Something beyond the touch of mere mortals, its genius belied by its beauty. The song is massive and soaring but small and personal, deep as fuck but catchy. It rocks but it haunts you, Birdy’s voice calling out on the wind, like a lost soul from over the moors, a lonely child in search of a home. This songs reminds you of when you where a child and you stepped in a puddle, and it was fucking fun.

Man, how do I get to be a proper reviewer, so I can trash the hell out of the Artic Monkeys?