Best: prolly......... Resin Dogs(y)

Worst: Savage Garden(n)

TurdBerglar
09-22-2006, 04:20 PM
staind is from my city

they suck

DroppinScience
09-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Best: Shout Out Out Out Out ("http://www.myspace.com/shoutoutoutoutout) They're fun!

Worst: Nickelback (well, they're not from Edmonton. They're a few hours away from Edmonton, but they try to elicit "Alberta Pride" and other associations with Edmonton to the point that it just makes me sick) (n)

Freebasser
09-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Well, I can only think of two bands from Wigan, so that means that the best band is The Verve, and the worst is Starsailor.

ericlee
09-22-2006, 04:43 PM
There's really no bands from my city. From my state though.. I like the Afghan Wigs.

Worst.. Marilyn Manson.

korn_phr33k
09-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Best

DJ Shadow and like half of the Quannum crew
Mix Master Mike

Worst

Defotnes
Papa Roach

Bob
09-22-2006, 05:36 PM
good (i don't know every band that's from boston so i'm not saying best or worst)
the pixies

bad

new kids on the block

jackrock
09-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Worst: Nickelback (well, they're not from Edmonton. They're a few hours away from Edmonton, but they try to elicit "Alberta Pride" and other associations with Edmonton to the point that it just makes me sick) (n)
Sing it sister.

My answer, i guess droppin's answer. i know of no bands from Edmonton.

ggirlballa
09-22-2006, 05:42 PM
hmm bands from Los Angeles.....i can't think of any:D

Lyman Zerga
09-22-2006, 06:17 PM
not many here

opus sucks

no band but falco is still king

thegoodmrbrodie!
09-22-2006, 07:34 PM
best: slowdive.
worst: morning runner.

Drederick Tatum
09-22-2006, 07:47 PM
from my hometown you guys would only recognise The Datsuns...and the Finn brothers from Split Enz and Crowded House fame are from about 15 minutes down the road.

icy manipulator
09-22-2006, 07:51 PM
from my hometown you guys would only recognise The Datsuns...and the Finn brothers from Split Enz and Crowded House fame are from about 15 minutes down the road.
where are you from? wellington or auckland? or somewhere else

paulb
09-22-2006, 08:22 PM
best: 3 Inches of Blood

worst: Theory of a deadman (went to my high school)

zorra_chiflada
09-22-2006, 08:57 PM
hahah, like anyone from hobart has ever made it.
that band that did accidentally kelly street - frente - they're from hobart.
there are no good bands.

The Notorious LOL
09-22-2006, 09:30 PM
best: prince
worst: atmosphere or soul asylum or semisonic

zorra_chiflada
09-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Best: prolly......... Resin Dogs(y)

Worst: Savage Garden(n)

regurgitator, they're from brisbane yeah?

icy manipulator
09-22-2006, 10:24 PM
regurgitator, they're from brisbane yeah?
hmm.... i'm not 100% sure on that. I know powderfinger are

TurdBerglar
09-22-2006, 10:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usJ4b3etWpA

these guys are from my city. it was filmed in it. that big building in the begining with the spherical shit is the basketball hall of fame.

the video is pretty laughable but the baseline is slick

DroppinScience
09-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Sing it sister.

My answer, i guess droppin's answer. i know of no bands from Edmonton.

k.d. lang is kinda/sorta from Edmonton (I think she lived in Edmonton for a bit... but she's rural Alberta-raised).

You're from Saskatchewan, I think your answer would be Wide Mouth Mason. ;)

DroppinScience
09-22-2006, 11:09 PM
good (i don't know every band that's from boston so i'm not saying best or worst)
the pixies

Mission of Burma and Aerosmith are also from Boston. Oh yeah, I'm guessing Boston is from Boston too, right? ;)

But if you wanted to be true to yourself, you'd be listing your favorite Connecticut artists.

jackrock
09-22-2006, 11:12 PM
You're from Saskatchewan, I think your answer would be Wide Mouth Mason. ;)
I'm in Saskatchewan. Please don't say I'm from here :(

ggirlballa
09-23-2006, 12:52 AM
I'm in Saskatchewan. Please don't say I'm from here :(

why whats wrong with Saskatchewan?

Bob
09-23-2006, 01:19 AM
Mission of Burma and Aerosmith are also from Boston. Oh yeah, I'm guessing Boston is from Boston too, right? ;)

But if you wanted to be true to yourself, you'd be listing your favorite Connecticut artists.

i can't think of any connecticut artists

did 50 cent start in CT? i know he lives in farmington now, but i don't know if he started here.

i'm trying to be more associated with boston now than connecticut. boston's interesting, connecticut isn't. hartford, CT is the insurance capital of the country (or world, i forget). that's about it. you say you're from connecticut and people go, "oh, do you work for an insurance company?" and i have to go ":rolleyes:......yes..." because i did, actually. and my mom's an actuary. and 4 of my friends from college are going to be actuaries.

DroppinScience
09-23-2006, 01:27 AM
did 50 cent start in CT? i know he lives in farmington now, but i don't know if he started here.

Bob, you're hilarious! :D

50 Cent started in Queens or The Bronx, or someplace. Some crack-infested ghetto neighborhood in one of those NYC boroughs.

Connecticut couldn't be more of a polar opposite. In fact, I'm highly uncertain if there would be poverty of any sort within the state of Connecticut. :p

b-grrrlie
09-23-2006, 11:26 AM
There's quite a lot of good bands here, but an awful lot of them have roots up noooth.
But I'd guess the best is the Hellacopters, they're all grown up here as well. Then there's Tiger Lou, Weeping Willows and I'm from Barcelona.
Worst? Hmmm... I know a lot of awful bands from west coast, but from here?... I can't think of any right now.... I might have to get back on that when I can think of one.

Lex Diamonds
09-23-2006, 11:30 AM
I went to the same school as Eric Clapton. (y)

Drederick Tatum
09-23-2006, 06:06 PM
where are you from? wellington or auckland? or somewhere else

somewhere else. Hamilt(r)on.

Bob
09-23-2006, 06:11 PM
In fact, I'm highly uncertain if there would be poverty of any sort within the state of Connecticut. :p

haha errr not quite

The Notorious LOL
09-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Bob, you're hilarious! :D

50 Cent started in Queens or The Bronx, or someplace. Some crack-infested ghetto neighborhood in one of those NYC boroughs.

seriously just stop posting.

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
09-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Where Im at Now: The Armor Agenda and Ditchwater

Chicago: Chicago (y)

trailerprincess
09-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Best current London bands - Cazals, The Rakes, Special Needs, The Holloways, Larrikin Love, The More Assured, Kid Harpoon

Worst - Selfish C*nt, Dustins Bar Mitzvah.

I am sure there are more which really annoy me but I am feeling generous today

jabumbo
09-25-2006, 10:37 AM
christina aguilera

Tzar
09-25-2006, 10:53 AM
bon scott is from WA... sorta

umm... my favourites would be Downsyde i guess. there's alot more mellow-rock coming out of perth. so i don't like that stuff.

b-grrrlie
09-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Ooh ooh! I remembered a couple of awful acts from Stockholm! E-Type and BWO (Bodies Without Organs)!

DIGI
09-25-2006, 04:03 PM
What Jabumbo said.

Christina Aguilera
The Clarks
Donnie "The King of Cool" Iris

Categorize them as you will.

Documad
09-25-2006, 07:32 PM
best: prince
worst: semisonic
Yes.

Best artist was an easy one. But what about second best? That's a toughie.

icy manipulator
09-26-2006, 06:06 AM
bon scott is from WA... sorta

umm... my favourites would be Downsyde i guess. there's alot more mellow-rock coming out of perth. so i don't like that stuff.
you should get into some pendulum if you're not already into them

mikizee
09-26-2006, 06:29 AM
best - cold chisel, hilltop hoods
worst - kaleidascope

icy manipulator
09-26-2006, 06:32 AM
best - cold chisel, hilltop hoods
worst - kaleidascope
do you listen to funkoars too? i've got one of their cd's lying around somewhere. i like them more than hilltops

mikizee
09-26-2006, 07:06 AM
do you listen to funkoars too? i've got one of their cd's lying around somewhere. i like them more than hilltops

yeah, ive heard a bit of their stuff, drank with them at blackwood parties etc. i dont know them that well at all. ive prob said hi to them a few times when ive been drunk. terra firma, cross bred mongrels (debris' project) and after hours are also with the hoods crew (certified wise) and they are pretty good. we all grew up in the same neighbourhood.

as far as hoods albums go, the calling sucked, the hard road was a little better, but my absolute favourite which i think kicks both their asses and its prob in my top 10 best hip hop albums is left foot right foot. if you havent heard that, then...... you should. its awesome. the hoods at their best.

icy manipulator
09-26-2006, 07:10 AM
yeah, ive heard a bit of their stuff, drank with them at blackwood parties etc. i dont know them that well at all. ive prob said hi to them a few times when ive been drunk. terra firma, cross bred mongrels (debris' project) and after hours are also with the hoods crew (certified wise) and they are pretty good. we all grew up in the same neighbourhood.

as far as hoods albums go, the calling sucked, the hard road was a little better, but my absolute favourite which i think kicks both their asses and its prob in my top 10 best hip hop albums is left foot right foot. if you havent heard that, then...... you should. its awesome. the hoods at their best.
yeah i only have the calling. and the after they released the nosebleed section i lost interest in them. haven't really bothered listening to them after that

mikizee
09-26-2006, 07:13 AM
yeah i only have the calling. and the after they released the nosebleed section i lost interest in them. haven't really bothered listening to them after that

nah man the calling is shit. i was really disappointed with it. i couldnt believe the J's hyped it up and said how good it was when their last album was leagues ahead of the calling. seeing as the original release is impossible to get, would u like me to burn u a copy?

icy manipulator
09-26-2006, 07:45 AM
nah man the calling is shit. i was really disappointed with it. i couldnt believe the J's hyped it up and said how good it was when their last album was leagues ahead of the calling. seeing as the original release is impossible to get, would u like me to burn u a copy?
yeah man for sure if you're willing to put in the effort. you want me to pm you my mailing details or something?

mikizee
09-26-2006, 07:49 AM
sure no worries! i gots to find my copy now, hope i havent lost it!

Rancid_Beasties
09-26-2006, 07:59 AM
hahah, like anyone from hobart has ever made it.
that band that did accidentally kelly street - frente - they're from hobart.
there are no good bands.
If you like daft punk, which i know you dont really, then Scientists of modern music are from hobart and they're pretty awesome.

zorra_chiflada
09-26-2006, 08:00 AM
If you like daft punk, which i know you dont really, then Scientists of modern music are from hobart and they're pretty awesome.

oh yeah that's right! i totally forgot about them!

hitmonlee
09-26-2006, 08:07 AM
can i claim inxs? the farris brothers were perth boys

i'm still trying to think of bands from perth... eskimo joe, john butler trio... hmm

okok!

best: karnivool

worst: jebediah

icy manipulator
09-26-2006, 08:12 AM
!

best: karnivool

(y) damn straight. i still cant find their cover of sleeping satellites anywhere! i need to hear that song again!

hitmonlee
09-26-2006, 08:18 AM
ooh now i want it
i'll ask my bf, he's a huge fan

icy manipulator
09-26-2006, 08:25 AM
my bro got it from one of his friends, but now they've lost the cd. useless little bastards. and it's nowhere to be found on limewire or soulseek :mad:

that's it. i must listen to themata right now!

hitmonlee
09-26-2006, 08:41 AM
my bro got it from one of his friends, but now they've lost the cd. useless little bastards. and it's nowhere to be found on limewire or soulseek :mad:

that's it. i must listen to themata right now!

did you see it on australian idol!
pretty bad performance but you gotta admire her guts to do that

icy manipulator
09-26-2006, 08:45 AM
did you see it on australian idol!
pretty bad performance but you gotta admire her guts to do that
i dont watch australian idol :p which song did she do? sleeping satellite or themata?

hitmonlee
09-26-2006, 09:00 AM
themata
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ND16fEED7O8
or
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WCgUG1qtfTU

roosta
09-26-2006, 09:09 AM
the worst: the corrs

that's it.

icy manipulator
09-26-2006, 10:29 AM