PDA

View Full Version : re: Ludacris

Poster Boy
09-30-2006, 06:04 PM
is it just me or is Luda more appealing as a guest rapper on tracks than as someone who puts out actual LPs?

Gareth
09-30-2006, 06:09 PM
he's had a few hot guests spots yeh, like 'oh', 'made you look remix', and 'one minute man'
he hasnt released a great album yet
but has plenty of great songs
kinda like missy elliott actually.

The Notorious LOL
09-30-2006, 06:14 PM
and on that note, Gossip Folks is one of the best tracks either of them did

Poster Boy
09-30-2006, 06:33 PM
just seems like he brings his a-game on guest spots and then his albums are just silly. his guest spot on ciara's "Oh" comes to mind.

but yeah, you could pull songs from all his records and make a classic album.

Deep_Sea_Rain
09-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Word Of Mouf was a great album...

Chicken & Beer was decent...

Red Light District, apart from a few good tracks, was disappointing...

I'm debating whether or not to pick up Release Therapy. But yeah...he does bring it on guest spots. I loved his verses on "Tomb Of The Boom" on Outkast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below...

Poster Boy
10-01-2006, 12:17 AM
I dig his verse on whatever that new single is with the stuttering chorus. but yeah, his Tomb of the Bomb verse is tops.

"I'm with some nasty hoes / eatin pistachios"

Deep_Sea_Rain
10-01-2006, 02:09 AM
Konkrete's (the other shitty group that guests on Boom) versus blow. But I loved Big, Gipp, and Luda's....the beat on that song is one of the better on Speakerboxxx...

ggirlballa
10-01-2006, 02:15 AM
have u guys seen that MTV show that has aired with Luda & his daughter?...that was some heart-warming & AWW-ness right there

Jitters
10-02-2006, 12:33 PM
have u guys seen that MTV show that has aired with Luda & his daughter?...that was some heart-warming & AWW-ness right there

I've seen him in interviews and it really bugs me out, he seems like a really nice family guy that I can respect and then when I listen to his raps he's a totaly different person talking about cars and ho's :(

mickill
10-02-2006, 12:54 PM
It IS kinda odd that his best verse was on a Ciara song.

I think he's dope when he tries. but when he uses his "punchline" flow, it's just ehh.

Poster Boy
10-02-2006, 07:09 PM
He's kinda like Urkel. You liked to see him guest star on other shows but he just got annoying on "Family Matters".

ggirlballa
10-02-2006, 07:51 PM
I've seen him in interviews and it really bugs me out, he seems like a really nice family guy that I can respect and then when I listen to his raps he's a totaly different person talking about cars and ho's :(

i was thinking the same right after i saw him with his daughter MTV played the video for moneymaker (i actually kinda like this song) with a bunch of half-naked ladies jiggling their assets (lol)

Gareth
10-03-2006, 02:45 AM
still tho...southern hospitality has a permanent place in my top 10 rap singles.
and what's your fantasy is pretty good too.

Deep_Sea_Rain
10-03-2006, 02:41 PM
I couldn't stand Luda's first album...it was so bad I sold it. And that doesn't happen much.

kleptomaniac
10-03-2006, 07:53 PM
i was thinking the same right after i saw him with his daughter MTV played the video for moneymaker (i actually kinda like this song) with a bunch of half-naked ladies jiggling their assets (lol)

once in elementary school, on my report card the teacher put "a wonderful asset to the class" or something like that and i had to ask what that meant because it sounded like a funny word :/

yeah anyway ludacris is better than lil jon, who's good if you want to hire a guy to shout in the back of your songs. "YEAH!" "OKAY!" things like that. but just "YEAH!" "OKAY!" doesn't make for a good song by itself....

and i like ludacris...by himself or by someone else, it's good.

ggirlballa
10-03-2006, 08:45 PM
YEAAAAAHHH! WHAT?! OKKKAAAYY!!!!!!!!

haha

kleptomaniac
10-03-2006, 08:49 PM
i remember seeing that on chappelle's show :D

adam_f
10-10-2006, 01:02 PM
I think that song "Slap" is pretty funny. Great analysis, i know.