PDA

View Full Version : Pendulum appreciation thread

icy manipulator
10-07-2006, 01:31 AM
i do my best to pay out perth just because Tzar's from there, but pendulum is definately perth's best asset. when pom's say Pendulum is the shit when it comes to D n B, that's really saying something.

They're definitely the best act to come out of perth in a long time. i recommend everyone that likes drum and bass get Hold Your Colour and their Breezeblock set (y)

ET
10-07-2006, 04:35 AM
F'ing ace.

Tzar
10-07-2006, 04:43 AM
ladies and gentlemen.... fasten your seatbelts.

icy manipulator
10-07-2006, 12:50 PM
ok fuck it, i lied, it is drum and bass, what you gonna do?

ninenine
10-15-2006, 08:23 PM
i do my best to pay out perth just because Tzar's from there, but pendulum is definately perth's best asset. when pom's say Pendulum is the shit when it comes to D n B, that's really saying something.

They're definitely the best act to come out of perth in a long time. i recommend everyone that likes drum and bass get Hold Your Colour and their Breezeblock set (y)

yeah hold your colour is a good album from them i havn't heard the other set. the songs i like from hold your colour are: sounds of life and girl in fire.

hellojello
10-15-2006, 08:31 PM

Snap.

Live, they are doubly awesome.

hitmonlee
10-15-2006, 10:08 PM
if you wanna see the live stuff there's some dodge videos on youtube.

should be around here end of year or so
perth at least, not sure about you icy.

Kid Presentable
10-15-2006, 11:44 PM
meh. Fuck drum and bass.

Tzar
10-16-2006, 07:09 AM
yeah? i'm interested... and i know about 5 other of my boys who are too. game on.

hellojello
10-16-2006, 11:17 AM
if you wanna see the live stuff there's some dodge videos on youtube.

i have my own dodge video on my mobile that's enough.

Lex Diamonds
10-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Pendulum are so widely known as the best Drum N Bass group that all the "hardcore" DnB DJs never play them anymore cuz it's too obvious. They are just on another level.

hitmonlee
10-16-2006, 08:56 PM
yeah? i'm interested... and i know about 5 other of my boys who are too. game on.

official info hasn't been released, so don't go yelling it around, but NYE at belvoir amphitheatre

hellojello
10-16-2006, 09:15 PM
official info hasn't been released, so don't go yelling it around, but NYE at belvoir amphitheatre
They're going to do NYE in... PERTH????
Now that's dedication.
heh heh heh

hitmonlee
10-16-2006, 09:43 PM
They're going to do NYE in... PERTH????
Now that's dedication.
heh heh heh

i think one or two of them is doing NYE somewhere more profitable if that's what you're getting at.
one of them is getting married in perth a few days after nye so its in his interests to be here.

hellojello
10-16-2006, 09:45 PM
i think one or two of them is doing NYE somewhere more profitable if that's what you're getting at.
one of them is getting married in perth a few days after nye so its in his interests to be here.
sorry i was just exerting my eastern side bias (aka being a smartass)
wtf is going on over there man i watched WA stateline and they're all like fuck the east lets dissent and become our own country.
guys,

guys.
we're all one peoples.
peace

hitmonlee
10-16-2006, 09:56 PM
sorry i was just exerting my eastern side bias (aka being a smartass)
wtf is going on over there man i watched WA stateline and they're all like fuck the east lets dissent and become our own country.
guys,

guys.
we're all one peoples.
peace

because the eastern states treat us like their poor, backwards cousins.
we're a large state with lots of resources, we contribute a lot to the economy, and don't get that much back.
something along those lines.

one of my friends is a crazy secessionist.

http://www.westralia.org/

check it

technically WA already voted to become its own country
but the queen never approved it

hellojello
10-16-2006, 10:03 PM
because the eastern states treat us like their poor, backwards cousins.
we're a large state with lots of resources, we contribute a lot to the economy, and don't get that much back.
something along those lines.

one of my friends is a crazy secessionist.

http://www.westralia.org/

check it

technically WA already voted to become its own country
but the queen never approved it
Yeah I see your point I mean I'd never even heard of this potential dissent until I watched the WA news you'd think it would be something that would be relavent to the whole country. It is kind of significant considering it's almost half of Australia.
When they voted was it for a country that would be part of the commonwealth still or a republic?
Unleash our colonial shackles I say!

ok i'm going to read that link now.

hitmonlee
10-16-2006, 10:06 PM
quick summary from wiki:

Secession

Secessionism has been a recurring feature of Western Australia's political landscape since shortly after European settlement in 1829. Western Australia was the most reluctant participant in the Commonwealth of Australia. [2]. Western Australia did not participate in the earliest federation conference. Longer term residents of Western Australia were generally opposed to federation, however the discovery of gold brought several immigrants from other parts of Australia. It was these residents, primarily in Kalgoorlie but also in Albany that voted to join the Commonwealth, and the proposal of these areas being admitted separately was considered.

In a referendum in April 1933, 68% of voters voted for the state to leave the Commonwealth of Australia with the aim of returning to the British Empire as an autonomous territory. The State Government sent a delegation to Westminster, but the British Government refused to intervene and therefore no action was taken to implement this decision.

For social and cultural reasons the concept of secession is unlikley to be seriously considered in the future, even though commentators occasionally raise the idea due to economic reasons.

hellojello
10-16-2006, 10:15 PM
quick summary from wiki:

Secession

Secessionism has been a recurring feature of Western Australia's political landscape since shortly after European settlement in 1829. Western Australia was the most reluctant participant in the Commonwealth of Australia. [2]. Western Australia did not participate in the earliest federation conference. Longer term residents of Western Australia were generally opposed to federation, however the discovery of gold brought several immigrants from other parts of Australia. It was these residents, primarily in Kalgoorlie but also in Albany that voted to join the Commonwealth, and the proposal of these areas being admitted separately was considered.

In a referendum in April 1933, 68% of voters voted for the state to leave the Commonwealth of Australia with the aim of returning to the British Empire as an autonomous territory. The State Government sent a delegation to Westminster, but the British Government refused to intervene and therefore no action was taken to implement this decision.

For social and cultural reasons the concept of secession is unlikley to be seriously considered in the future, even though commentators occasionally raise the idea due to economic reasons.
curiouser and curiouser, I honestly never knew that and I've studied politics and federation at uni.

You know my eastern PC wasn't happy with that westralia.org link it froze everything up and crashed IE when I tried to click it!

hitmonlee
10-16-2006, 10:18 PM
curiouser and curiouser, I honestly never knew that and I've studied politics and federation at uni.

another example of the eastern states pretending we don't exist.

i learnt about it in yr11 politics

hellojello
10-16-2006, 10:20 PM
another example of the eastern states pretending we don't exist.

i learnt about it in yr11 politics
I can actually empathise, growing up in Tasmania it was the same shit. I guess the difference is as much as sir joe might have thought it a good idea tasmania can't actually sustain themselves as their own entity not like WA could.
PS the links working now...

Tzar
10-17-2006, 05:35 AM
wow...
i like.

icy manipulator
10-17-2006, 09:08 AM
i've always seen perth as the same as brisbane cept just a little smaller

Kid Presentable
10-17-2006, 09:13 AM
i've always seen perth as the same as brisbane cept just a little smaller
Both get called shitholes.

icy manipulator
10-17-2006, 09:19 AM
fuck that, sydney's too busy, melbourne's too spaced out. And we have a beach in the middle of the city mutha fuckers! yeah? who else can say that eh?

hitmonlee
10-17-2006, 09:37 AM
fuck that, sydney's too busy, melbourne's too spaced out. And we have a beach in the middle of the city mutha fuckers! yeah? who else can say that eh?

huh? a beach? isnt brisbane inland?

icy manipulator
10-17-2006, 10:32 AM
huh? a beach? isnt brisbane inland?
well, it's an artificial beach nevertheless, lol. all the great beaches are up and down the coast. there's too many islands around brisbane to have any decent beaches with waves and shit