PDA

View Full Version : Favorite '60s Bob Dylan album?

DroppinScience
10-07-2006, 03:11 AM
Let's face it: no matter what he's done since, the best Bob Dylan belongs to the 1960s, so let's put it to a vote.

The guy put out album after album of top quality throughout that decade, but the one that gets me the most is "Highway 61 Revisited" I think. Though "Bringing it All Back Home" is pretty damn close, too.

Mr Films
10-07-2006, 03:52 AM
I literally couldn't name a single Dylan song.

cept maybe the one he did for Wonder Boys.

this should be in the artists you tried to get into but can't thread.

cept I've never even tried and don't care to.

DroppinScience
10-07-2006, 12:11 PM
I literally couldn't name a single Dylan song.

Uhhh... "The Times They Are A-Changin'", "Like A Rolling Stone," "Subterranean Homesick Blues," etc.

I take it you haven't watched any Victoria's Secret or bank commercials? :p

Where's a-z and yeahwho when I need 'em...

HEIRESS
10-07-2006, 02:10 PM
free-wheelin' or another side get my vote
I just bought john wesley harding a month ago, and I really enjoy it

my favorite bob dylan album ever is the pat garrett and billy the kid soundtrack he did
and blood on the tracks is probably number two

IM SEEING BOB TIME #2 NEXT WEDNESDAY
!!!:D

HEIRESS
10-07-2006, 02:40 PM
ok now im thinkin nashville skyline is higher up there on my favorites of the 60s list...Hmmmm

chrisd
10-07-2006, 02:50 PM
my favorite is desire, i dress like him on the album cover bob rules

yeahwho
10-07-2006, 02:54 PM
That is really a tough question there Mr. DroppinScience

It's sort of like eating M&M's blindfolded and trying to guess which color your eating. I am probably the biggest Bob Dylan fan here on the BBMB and I will agree with you on Highway 61 Revisited only because of Just Like Tom Thumbs Blues which has so much imagery and feeling that given a final choice, I would rather listen to it than own some of the finest art on the planet.

The thing with Bob Dylan is these songs open a new door every time I listen to them. He has said that most of this period of his life the songs were flowing through him that he was just channeling them...the pen was his only tool all the rest was coming from without, not within....he turned the Beatles onto weed man,

Oh fuck I'm off my rocker.....I'll come back to this thread later.

abcdefz
10-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Mine's Bringing it all Back Home.

Then probably Freewheelin, then Highway 61, then Another Side of...

Drederick Tatum
10-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Blonde on Blonde.

Helvete
10-07-2006, 04:32 PM
I know a Dylan song! The one he sang about the Hurricane, I heard it in the actual film. That was a cool song, which album is that off, because that's what I'll vote.

DroppinScience
10-10-2006, 10:49 PM
I know a Dylan song! The one he sang about the Hurricane, I heard it in the actual film. That was a cool song, which album is that off, because that's what I'll vote.

That song is off "Desire," which is a '70s album.