PDA

View Full Version : Ed's Redeeming Qualities

BGirl
10-10-2006, 11:52 AM
So who knows about this band? Anyone? Anyone?

Was a time in my life I was really into these guys and played them for all my friends who became similarly obsessed (my then-boyfriend, noting my enthusiasm for Jonathan Richman, had introduced them to me). It was bound to resonate with a bunch of Ohioans I guess. At that time the band was still playing and recording despite the death of one of their main songwriters Dom Leone, but we never managed to catch a show sadly.

(I mention it as part of the past because my then hard-to-find ERQ CDs eventually disappeared rather mysteriously and the band fell off my radar. Recently they found their way back into my music library and when they came up on shuffle the other day I decided to listen to the whole album for the first time in over a decade.)

Just a little slice of genius I thought you all should know about (and I'm curious to know if anyone else is familiar). Carrie Bradley from ERQ also played in The Breeders with Kim Deal, if that helps pique your interest (Kim Deal had apparently been an ERQ fan).

More Bad Times and It's All Good News are the essential albums (y)