PDA

View Full Version : attn: bob dylan

HEIRESS
10-12-2006, 01:17 PM
why weren't you selling hoodies at your concert and instead had the gayest rain slicker jacket ever with your logo on the back in shiny hologram colors
I know its vancouver and I know it rains alot here but lets get serious with the fashion faux paus old man

:mad:

paulb
10-12-2006, 02:15 PM
that show fuckin sucked last night. I wish i had my money back. He had his back to us to whole time and every song sounded the fuckin same and I just cant stand how he plays each song differently. I fell asleep during it and drooled on myself.

HEIRESS
10-12-2006, 02:24 PM
yer just not twangy enough sons
hey you were on the same side I was cept I had more of a 3/4 view

paulb
10-12-2006, 02:54 PM
i was section T...like the songs werent bad, just kinda the same over and over...so it was hard to get into each song.

Documad
10-12-2006, 06:36 PM
What did he sound like? It's bad enough that I'm seeing him, but now my poor sister is putting down a bunch of cash to see him. I don't know if she's ever been to a concert in a sports arena and I tried to warn her that the last couple times I heard Dylan I couldn't tell which song was which.

I'm only going for the opening act, but she's seeing a different concert. :(

yeahwho
10-12-2006, 06:58 PM
all of the above, never again will I see Bob Dylan live. They should just call all of his tours the past decade "The Hit or Miss Tour" I saw him at a County Fair a few years ago and he was XLNT, that will be my last Live memory.

His style and voice do NOT work well in large venues. So many musicians cannot buy a clue, their management would never let on, yet this is what they do.

Lyman Zerga
10-12-2006, 07:24 PM
i wonder if i know a song by him

DroppinScience
10-12-2006, 08:24 PM
all of the above, never again will I see Bob Dylan live. They should just call all of his tours the past decade "The Hit or Miss Tour" I saw him at a County Fair a few years ago and he was XLNT, that will be my last Live memory.

His style and voice do NOT work well in large venues. So many musicians cannot buy a clue, their management would never let on, yet this is what they do.

I guess his Bootleg Series of '60s concerts is what it'll have to be, then.

paulb
10-13-2006, 02:41 AM
What did he sound like? It's bad enough that I'm seeing him, but now my poor sister is putting down a bunch of cash to see him. I don't know if she's ever been to a concert in a sports arena and I tried to warn her that the last couple times I heard Dylan I couldn't tell which song was which.

I'm only going for the opening act, but she's seeing a different concert. :(

Kings of Leon were VERY good this time...i fell asleep during them too as they opened for U2. Although Foo Fighters and Raconteurs are opening aswell on other legs.

Documad
10-30-2006, 02:45 AM
I just saw my first ever good Bob Dylan concert! It helped that the sound system was great and I was 20 feet from Bob. I recognized all the songs and I liked the band. Bob sounded really good for Bob.

At the end, he just stood at the front and grabbed his lapels and had his band standing behind him. The only time he talked was to introduce the band members. I think he should drop the fake accent when he's in Minnesota. I guess he can't help it anymore.