PDA

View Full Version : Bands you love, but let other people read about.

Kid Presentable
10-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Queens of the Stone Age. I think their music is mostly amazing. Patchy lately, but amazing nonetheless. If Joshua Homme died, he'd easily become a modern rock icon.

That said, I've never bothered reading much about them. So I have a question for people who have: was Joshua influenced strongly by T. Rex? When I listen to 20th Century Boy in particular, I can hear that all over a number of QOTSA production values. Hand clapping, sleazy-sweet lyrics, swaggering riffs. So on.

Post your questions to your peers (I hate laying out rules).

mickill
10-13-2006, 12:48 AM
A lot of the songs on the last album had some Bloan-esque qualities to them, but I don't think that it's deliberate. Who knows, though. OMG NO ONE KNOWZ.

I think I read somewhere that Jesse Keeler from Death from Above 1979 will be playing bass on the next QOTSA album.

Drederick Tatum
10-13-2006, 04:03 PM
I always though Do It Again off SFTD sounded pretty T Rexish.

I have never heard him talk about T Rex. The band I've seen referenced the most by him is The Stooges...

wavin_goodbye
10-13-2006, 04:10 PM
A lot of the songs on the last album had some Bloan-esque qualities to them, but I don't think that it's deliberate. Who knows, though. OMG NO ONE KNOWZ.

I think I read somewhere that Jesse Keeler from Death from Above 1979 will be playing bass on the next QOTSA album.

they were supposed to work together at one point (recently) but it didn't work out... according to jesse on his bb.