PDA

View Full Version : Zack De la Rocha solo?

Jim wont fix it
10-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Ever since RATM broke up I've been waiting for a solo album. There's been a few tracks and lots of rumours. I keep hearing things about DJ Shadow and the NIN producer working on it but any information is either vague or a few years old.

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY KNOW IF HE'S MAKING A SOLO ALBUM??

Mr Films
10-16-2006, 11:23 AM
no one cares anymore.

checkyourprez
10-16-2006, 06:03 PM
^ lie.

The Notorious LOL
10-16-2006, 06:07 PM
it'll never come out.

checkyourprez
10-16-2006, 08:37 PM
dude needs to get on the mixtape scene for fucks sake.

Deep_Sea_Rain
10-16-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm actually listening to Mic Check right now.

camo
10-17-2006, 02:52 AM
Ever since RATM broke up I've been waiting for a solo album. There's been a few tracks and lots of rumours. I keep hearing things about DJ Shadow and the NIN producer working on it but any information is either vague or a few years old.

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY KNOW IF HE'S MAKING A SOLO ALBUM??

it would be hard to listen to zach shouting over anything other than a tom morello riff

Tzar
10-17-2006, 05:33 AM
no one cares anymore.
i don't think he even cares about an album either.

TurdBerglar
10-17-2006, 07:47 AM
if one ever does get releases it will be so outdated

Ally Al
10-17-2006, 07:55 AM
it would be hard to listen to zach shouting over anything other than a tom morello riff

he sounded nice with shadow on that march of death track, and very nice over a staight hip hop beat on C.I.A. with KRS and Last Emperor

apprantely he's doing a pirate radio show at the the moment

Kid Presentable
10-17-2006, 08:25 AM
he sounded nice with shadow on that march of death track, and very nice over a staight hip hop beat on C.I.A. with KRS and Last Emperor

I agree completely. He's nice when he wears his MC shoes. If the Beastie Boys could get him to rap, and not be a "OMG BEASTIES AND RAGE YELLING!!!!" style of thing, I think it could be an impressive coup.

Mr Films
10-17-2006, 09:35 AM
if one ever does get releases it will be so outdated

this is exactly what I mean. whatever relevance he had post-rage is gone because he stayed off the map for so long. that dj shadow song was ok, and barely that. while most rage fans stayed loyal to them, I don't think it's enough to carry over into solo albums for him.

that, and his politcal schtick is kind of what everyone on the fucking planet does these days.

Ally Al
10-17-2006, 09:37 AM
that dj shadow song was ok, and barely that.

so are SO right, what was i thinking

Mr Films
10-17-2006, 09:54 AM
so are SO right, what was i thinking

opinions, man. it's going to be ok.

Kid Presentable
10-17-2006, 10:03 AM
this is exactly what I mean. whatever relevance he had post-rage is gone because he stayed off the map for so long. that dj shadow song was ok, and barely that. while most rage fans stayed loyal to them, I don't think it's enough to carry over into solo albums for him.

that, and his politcal schtick is kind of what everyone on the fucking planet does these days.
It's like how Kanye is big because he's everywhere, not because he's really that amazing. That's not a jab, it's the same thing, though.

Mr Films
10-17-2006, 10:45 AM
It's like how Kanye is big because he's everywhere, not because he's really that amazing. That's not a jab, it's the same thing, though.

kinda, yeah.

I'd probably buy a Zack solo record but I'm just not as interested in the progress (or lack thereof) of it anymore.

Kid Presentable
10-17-2006, 11:01 AM
kinda, yeah.

I'd probably buy a Zack solo record but I'm just not as interested in the progress (or lack thereof) of it anymore.
It would be hard to hype to non-fans. You'd just need to announce it on the internet.

Ally Al
10-18-2006, 08:56 AM
opinions, man. it's going to be ok.

thanks, i'll rest easy tonight knowing that

saml
10-18-2006, 09:53 AM
he's white who cares

Ally Al
10-18-2006, 09:56 AM
he's white who cares

white ?

Echewta
10-18-2006, 03:00 PM
De la Rocha is a common "white" name.

Deep_Sea_Rain
10-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Actually Zach De La Rocha is half Chicano, half white.

And I'd be very interested in a solo album from him. Particularly if he takes more of a hip hop approach.

Mr Films
10-18-2006, 05:34 PM
I was half-interested a while back when Trent Reznor said he'd produced 21 tracks for Zack. But then Reznor said even he didn't think they'd ever see a release.

Miho
10-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Someone please direct me to some of his solo songs. I've never quite heard him rap.

Ally Al
10-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Actually Zach De La Rocha is half Chicano, half white.

a puerto rican parent and a chicano parent does not equal half white

Jim wont fix it
10-19-2006, 10:24 AM
have there been any more tracks since march of death and CIA? (which were both hip hop for the 'he wont make a hip hop album' people)

Ally Al
10-19-2006, 10:28 AM
have there been any more tracks since march of death and CIA? (which were both hip hop for the 'he wont make a hip hop album' people)

the only other track i know of is disavowed by dj shadow but he only played drums on that

Extra Cheese
10-19-2006, 12:30 PM

no, but a mexican parent and a irish parent does.

Ally Al
10-19-2006, 12:52 PM
no, but a mexican parent and a irish parent does.

i've only ever read that his mother was puerto rican

actually when i've just googled it, they come up with chicano, half chicano half german, and puerto rican

Extra Cheese
10-19-2006, 01:50 PM
when i googled it it came up with just about every nationality but puerto rican so i guess everyone was wrong.

Ally Al
10-19-2006, 01:58 PM
when i googled it it came up with just about every nationality but puerto rican so i guess everyone was wrong.

not necessarily, the internet doesn't hold the answer to everything

Extra Cheese
10-19-2006, 01:59 PM
everyone was wrong

Ally Al
10-19-2006, 02:05 PM
everyone was wrong

prove it, i'm not saying i'm right but you can't prove otherwise. If i'm wrong i'll quite happily admit it

Extra Cheese
10-19-2006, 02:10 PM
last word

Ally Al
10-19-2006, 02:14 PM
last word

you're a tool, will that do ?

Extra Cheese
10-19-2006, 02:17 PM
last word

Ally Al
10-19-2006, 02:21 PM
last word

yup i was right

well done on proving me wrong by the way

Extra Cheese
10-19-2006, 02:25 PM
well done on proving that you're right by the way. oh wait you didnt.

Ally Al
10-19-2006, 02:33 PM
well done on proving that you're right by the way. oh wait you didnt.

read above cheesy i didn't say i was right, you said everyone was wrong, and i asked you to prove it, which you haven't. I may not be right but i reckon you're wrong and thats good enough for me. Tom Morello's mother is irish, maybe thats where you're getting confused

Deep_Sea_Rain
10-19-2006, 02:52 PM

Puerto Rican? (http://mixedfolks.com/hnasingers.htm)

Ally Al
10-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Puerto Rican? (http://mixedfolks.com/hnasingers.htm)

hahaha so that is it, thats your proof ? Mixedfolks.com ?? Well then it must be true

Extra Cheese
10-19-2006, 03:15 PM
morello's mom is half/half

Deep_Sea_Rain
10-19-2006, 03:35 PM
hahaha so that is it, thats your proof ? Mixedfolks.com ?? Well then it must be true

I never said it was "proof", just a source. But the majority of what I have read regarding his race does support the claim that he's half Chicano, half white.

Relax :rolleyes:

Ally Al
10-19-2006, 03:40 PM
morello's mom is half/half

really ? half/ half what exactly ? you're going to prove that too right ? hold on, thats not your forte, i forgot

Ally Al
10-19-2006, 03:43 PM
I never said it was "proof", just a source. But the majority of what I have read regarding his race does support the claim that he's half Chicano, half white.

Relax :rolleyes:

dude i'm chilled to the gills. Everything i've read suggests otherwise so what can you do. Neither of us know for definate. I'm sure he would define himself chicano though

that was a great link, thanks

Deep_Sea_Rain
10-19-2006, 03:59 PM
dude i'm chilled to the gills. Everything i've read suggests otherwise so what can you do. Neither of us know for definate. I'm sure he would define himself chicano though

that was a great link, thanks

Really though....from all the articles and claims I've read...he may just be the most racially confused person in music (at least from our point of view, I'm sure he knows what he is).

He does probably consider himself Hispanic, as you said. I'm half Chicano, half White, and I classify myself has "Hispanic". America is funny that way, though. You can be half White, half Black....and your still Black. Half Asian, half White.....and your still Asian.

Ally Al
10-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Really though....from all the articles and claims I've read...he may just be the most racially confused person in music (at least from our point of view, I'm sure he knows what he is).

He does probably consider himself Hispanic, as you said. I'm half Chicano, half White, and I classify myself has "Hispanic". America is funny that way, though. You can be half White, half Black....and your still Black. Half Asian, half White.....and your still Asian.

from what i've read about his upbringing it's no wonder dude is confused, it's sounds like he went though a lot with his father but that obviously contibuted to the talent he brought later on, so you know it's hard to judge if that was a good or a bad thing

again is with regard the chicano thing, it just seems that side has been the greater pull as with regard his convictions, you know ?

Deep_Sea_Rain
10-19-2006, 06:00 PM
again is with regard the chicano thing, it just seems that side has been the greater pull as with regard his convictions, you know ?

Definately. One listen to the lyrics on the albums will tell you he is very passionate about the plight of the Latino people, Mexicans in particular.

Ally Al
10-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Definately. One listen to the lyrics on the albums will tell you he is very passionate about the plight of the Latino people, Mexicans in particular.

no doubt