PDA

View Full Version : I don't hate her because she's foreign

Dorothy Wood
10-25-2006, 10:01 AM
which cort thought I did at first, because I started to describe the woman at first as a stereotypical eastern european girl. and then she frowned...maybe because cort is part slovenian...anyway.

this chick got hired about a month ago where I teach and she shadowed me. also, like every other new person, the administrators told them that I am a "wealth of information on all topics". so now all the new people ask me questions all the time. which is fine, it makes me feel important. HOWEVER, this eastern european girl is really driving me bonkers. she's good at math, I'll give her that, but she is a total creep. she wears dark lip liner and says, "heyEHehh" in sort of of raspy stripper flirty kind of voice to teachers and kids.

also, she says "excellent" and "high five" all the time to the kids, no matter what they do or say. ha ha. she said "high five" 4 times in a row once without even raising her palm. also, she is constantly asking me what student she's supposed to be working with. and if she doesn't, I have to constantly be telling her, "um, you're supposed to be with joe now". or if she knows she's with joe, but I'm working with him first, she'll come over before my time with him is done and grab his book and say, "I need to see this, excuse me!" and I'm like, "uhhh, we're not done yet". or she'll completely ignore my prescribed curriculum for a student and get them on topics that aren't even related to the test they need to take. AND she always skips the science portions in the ACT prep! EVEN THOUGH I WROTE, "DON'T FORGET ABOUT SCIENCE!" :mad:

anyway, I think she's starting to realize that I hate her. I don't know how to be nice to her, but I can't stand working with her and I think she should be fired. please fire her thanks. or tell me how to be nice.

paul jones
10-25-2006, 10:10 AM
which cort thought I did at first, because I started to describe the woman at first as a stereotypical eastern european girl. and then she frowned...maybe because cort is part slovenian...anyway.

this chick got hired about a month ago where I teach and she shadowed me. also, like every other new person, the administrators told them that I am a "wealth of information on all topics". so now all the new people ask me questions all the time. which is fine, it makes me feel important. HOWEVER, this eastern european girl is really driving me bonkers. she's good at math, I'll give her that, but she is a total creep. she wears dark lip liner and says, "heyEHehh" in sort of of raspy stripper flirty kind of voice to teachers and kids.

also, she says "excellent" and "high five" all the time to the kids, no matter what they do or say. ha ha. she said "high five" 4 times in a row once without even raising her palm. also, she is constantly asking me what student she's supposed to be working with. and if she doesn't, I have to constantly be telling her, "um, you're supposed to be with joe now". or if she knows she's with joe, but I'm working with him first, she'll come over before my time with him is done and grab his book and say, "I need to see this, excuse me!" and I'm like, "uhhh, we're not done yet". or she'll completely ignore my prescribed curriculum for a student and get them on topics that aren't even related to the test they need to take. AND she always skips the science portions in the ACT prep! EVEN THOUGH I WROTE, "DON'T FORGET ABOUT SCIENCE!" :mad:

anyway, I think she's starting to realize that I hate her. I don't know how to be nice to her, but I can't stand working with her and I think she should be fired. please fire her thanks. or tell me how to be nice.

hahaha,I mean LOL. I thought of Borat when you said she says 'High Five' (y) :D

paul jones
10-25-2006, 10:11 AM
p.s. I love your posts so much:)

Loppfessor
10-25-2006, 10:33 AM
p.s. I love your breasts so much:)

Dude we all do but try to stick to the topic....hating foreigners

Tone Capone
10-25-2006, 10:39 AM
I like foreign women... and domestic ones. You know who are hot? Tunisian women... I've said it before and I don't think I'll stop saying it ever.... Tunisian women (y)

Otis Driftwood
10-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Dude we all do but try to stick to the topic....hating foreigners
That is so passé. Nowadays you hate people that smoke, have kids, drive cars, dress slutty or not slutty enough etc...

Tone Capone
10-25-2006, 10:43 AM
..passé...

interesting choice of words... (menacing music)

Junker
10-25-2006, 10:54 AM
That is so passé. Nowadays you hate people that smoke, have kids, drive cars, dress slutty or not slutty enough etc...

WORD!! (y)

Loppfessor
10-25-2006, 11:03 AM

Man I'm never in "the know"

Otis Driftwood
10-25-2006, 11:05 AM
*cut the menacing music!* :D

QueenAdrock
10-25-2006, 11:12 AM
I say hi5 and don't offer up my palm. Like, I'll be sitting on the couch and my brother will be like "I got a raise!" and I'll say "High five." and sit still. I think I just got tired with following through. :cool:

hellojello
10-25-2006, 11:17 AM
if you don't hate her becuase she's foreign why is her ethnicity/race even worth mentioning? She just sounds like she's plain annoying.

Dorothy Wood
10-25-2006, 08:35 PM
if you don't hate her becuase she's foreign why is her ethnicity/race even worth mentioning? She just sounds like she's plain annoying.

I suppose that was my friend's point, but I just always describe how a person sounds and looks from the start so they can picture the scenario.

she's like the girl version of the wild and crazy guys skit from 70's SNL. striped blouses with striped pants, that kinda thing.

I appreciate that it would be very difficult to be a teacher, teaching english-speaking kids when it's not your first language. but it's also a culture thing, she doesn't recognize american social cues, it's like she just has things memorized..."stock phrases" if you will. also the kids hate her.

I guess I just wish I didn't have to do people's jobs for them. she's not the only person guilty of making mistakes, I'm always saying to people, "oh hey, your student is here", or "jimmy, you're supposed to be in math now, let me know when you get to a stopping point". AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO PAYS ATTENTION TO THE GOD DAMN CLOCK. seriously! It's not my fucking job to know every single kid's and teacher's schedule. I'm just going to stop helping people. :mad:

*shakes fist*

Randetica
10-25-2006, 08:46 PM
too bad it's so much fun being racist