PDA

View Full Version : Mood Swings

Caribou
10-25-2006, 04:06 PM
What the hell can you do about it?
I get them an awfull lot. One moment I'll be happy and jumpy and singing loudly, and the next I feel like I want to ram blunt objects through someones head. It got so bad that even people at work started to notice and 'wanted to have a little chat with me'.
I see a lot of people everyday and if one of them just says something in the wrong tone, I can get angry or feel like everythings my fault and want to have a minor breakdown and I have to go away for a while untill I've calmed down. But like a minute before I was hopping about and offering everybody cappuccino's :s
I'm afraid that one day I might completely lose it in front of a customer and that I'll get an asskicking at work.

Does anyone here know what I mean? Because I think I need help. :(

Loppfessor
10-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Does anyone here know what I mean? Because I think I need help. :(

My advice would be to seek help...

Caribou
10-25-2006, 04:08 PM
My advice would be to seek help...

Gee thanks. I'm not a really good talker, ya see. Also part of the problem.

Rock
10-25-2006, 04:11 PM
What the hell can you do about it?
I get them an awfull lot. One moment I'll be happy and jumpy and singing loudly, and the next I feel like I want to ram blunt objects through someones head.
im with you on this. Day and Night in the blink of an eye.
They will try and stick you on meds. When you find a non medicinal route, holla back....i'll do the same.

I just said "Holla back". thats funny to me because when i typed it, it was said all OG'd in my head but in all seriousness.

Loppfessor
10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Well I don't know your financial situation or anything but I'm sure if you did some research on line you could maybe find like some anger managment classes or seminars or something.

Rock
10-25-2006, 04:13 PM
Well I don't know your financial situation or anything but I'm sure if you did some research on line you could maybe find like some anger managment classes or seminars or something.
yeah....but see the thing with that is.....we shouldn't have to go to anger management classes. Everyone else should have to go to stupidity management classes so that way we wouldn't have stupid people doing stupid things to get angry at. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself there actually.

Loppfessor
10-25-2006, 04:15 PM
yeah....but see the thing with that is.....we shouldn't have to go to anger management classes. Everyone else should have to go to stupidity management classes so that way we wouldn't have stupid people doing stupid things to get angry at. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself there actually.

Now Rock is it ME that you're really angry at or is it your father for not coaching your little league team?? Food for thought...

Rock
10-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Now Rock is it ME that you're really angry at or is it your father for not coaching your little league team?? Food for thought...
It may be my father for making me join little league actually.

Loppfessor
10-25-2006, 04:20 PM
It may be my father for making me join little league actually.

You see that, we just had what is known as a "breakthrough" give yourself a hand...

Caribou
10-25-2006, 04:23 PM

But it's not just anger. I also have moments of wanting to burst into tears.
I've even (secretly) started smoking and drinking, because it sort of sedates me and I like the burning in my throat. It gets me to focus on something else than shitty moods.
(n)

wanton wench
10-25-2006, 04:26 PM
(y)
there needs to be a stupidity vaccine

Loppfessor
10-25-2006, 04:26 PM
I've even (secretly) started smoking and drinking, because it sort of sedates me and I like the burning in my throat. It gets me to focus on something else than shitty moods.
(n)

Okay all smart ass comments aside, it's a good thing that you are at least aware enough to see these changes in yourself. You may want to talk to your family doc or whatever and see if he/she can recommend a therapist. It never hurts to have a professional to talk to. To me it sounds like you may be suffering from depression. Talking or maybe meds may help. The point of the story is there are things you can do. I'm sorry I can't give you specific people or places to turn to but I'm sure with a bit of research you'll be able to find what you're looking for.

backwoods
10-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Manic :D Depressive :(

backwoods
10-25-2006, 09:33 PM
Dating a Manic Depressive can be fun and rewarding!

ScarySquirrel
10-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Bipolar?

adam_f
10-25-2006, 09:44 PM
I can go from mildly cheery to gleefully golly in the drop of a hat. It's pretty vicious.

Rock
10-25-2006, 09:53 PM
(n)
tears schmears. We are cut from the same cloth. It just means you are an emotional pussy. accept it, I did.

as far as the drinking and smoking in secrecy.....not good. you may need to talk to a professional. I do the same...but I do it publicly, so it makes it ok for me not to seek professional help. Getting fucked up isn't going to fix shit.

ET
10-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Gee thanks. I'm not a really good talker, ya see. Also part of the problem.

Well. Rudy, ya see, speaking to someone about your personal problems is quite simple, ya see. You must pretend that these persons are in their undergarments. Undergarments made of pudding, Theo.

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
10-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Im with you on this one. Normally Im a happy go lucky person, but there are little things that can trigger me, and put me in a bad mood real quick. I know im not THAT bad compared to some people, but I do get really bad mood swings. I can go from telling someone I love them one second, to wanting to pull a knife on them the next. I've been told by family and friends that they think im bipolar but I really dont think so. I've been to anger management and counsling and everything like that, and believe it or not I've calmed down a lot over the years.. guess it's just something you gotta deal with.

unless you find that you've gone all 'Ketchum & Killum', that's when I think you should seek help.

kate
10-25-2006, 10:09 PM
i've been having suicidal swings lately. like i'll get so pissed off at something i just start acting crazy and don't care if i or someone else gets hurt or killed etc. yesterday i got so pissed off at joe for blaming me for something that was his fault that i started tailgating this car at 50 mph. like i was no more than a foot away, and joe was flipping out like "wtf are you doing he's gonna slam on his brakes!" and i was all wild eyed but totally calm and saying "yeah, whatever"

hows THAT for a mood swing bitches!

Rock
10-25-2006, 11:08 PM
i've been having suicidal swings lately. like i'll get so pissed off at something i just start acting crazy and don't care if i or someone else gets hurt or killed etc. yesterday i got so pissed off at joe for blaming me for something that was his fault that i started tailgating this car at 50 mph. like i was no more than a foot away, and joe was flipping out like "wtf are you doing he's gonna slam on his brakes!" and i was all wild eyed but totally calm and saying "yeah, whatever"

hows THAT for a mood swing bitches!
thats not a mood swing. thats just crazy/stupid.

kate
10-25-2006, 11:10 PM
im psycho:(

and it's not stupid if i can't help it! it is very crazy though.

Loppfessor
10-26-2006, 07:49 AM
im psycho:(

and it's not stupid if i can't help it! it is very crazy though.

If you're going to kill yourself do it in the privacy of your own home...don't put innocent people on the road at risk. Also if I was "Joe" I would pimp smacked you as soon as you pulled over