PDA

View Full Version : TV on the Radio?

Mr Films
10-26-2006, 08:08 AM
anyone?

I'm about 3 seconds from buying Return to Cookie Mountain based on buzz alone.

???

Rock
10-26-2006, 09:15 AM
eh....the first go around i wasn't impressed..but i had it on as background music. i plan on giving it a thorough listening this weekend.

DroppinScience
10-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Haven't listened to Cookie Mountain yet (I got it, but it's backlogged in my pile of stuff to listen to), but I dig their previous album.

I'm understanding that this new one will take some listens to appreciate. That's alls I know, right now.

Mr Films
10-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Droppin', how much music do you fucking buy?

I would never buy so much at once that there are albums "waiting to be listened to".

Drederick Tatum
10-26-2006, 06:37 PM
downloaded it...it's alright.

DroppinScience
10-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Droppin', how much music do you fucking buy?

I would never buy so much at once that there are albums "waiting to be listened to".

Short answer: too damn much. I'm currently listening to stuff I got maybe 5 months ago. :(

QueenAdrock
10-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I saw his collection. He's got a problem. :(

DroppinScience
10-26-2006, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I saw his collection. He's got a problem. :(

Aaaaaaaaaaaand you got to see first-hand on how I walk into a record store and 2 minutes later, I've already got a handful of stuff.

Screw the indie stores for their excellent displays and stocking things I'm interested in. :(

Rock
10-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaand you got to see first-hand on how I walk into a record store and 2 minutes later, I've already got a handful of stuff.

Screw the indie stores for their excellent displays and stocking things I'm interested in. :(
how much do you spend on music a week?

Extra Cheese
10-27-2006, 02:49 PM
they should hurry up and die,not just fade away but die.

Drederick Tatum
10-27-2006, 04:56 PM
the beastie boys will get there first.

Ally Al
10-27-2006, 05:25 PM
they should hurry up and die,not just fade away but die.

^^^^^^^
Black Eye Pea fan

ET
10-28-2006, 04:26 AM
It's pretty alright all around. Lately I've been bumping Subtle's (http://www.subtle6.com/) album For Hero: For Fool.

Not really the exact same music but they remind me of each other for some reason. If you listen to #1 and #4 on the site you have a good indication of how good the album is. They're my fav songs on it.

Extra Cheese
10-28-2006, 01:47 PM
^^^^^^^
Black Eye Pea fan

and???? that has nothing to do with the fact that tv on the radio is worthless and horrible. i never thought trendy hipsters had such clout where they can mention a band and everyone will think they're good cuz of what the hipsters think.

note to you and all others who follow the hipsters: just because a band is indie, or has non-hip-hop black dudes in it, not popular, doesnt have a huge fan base, or from gay ass williamsburg doesnt mean that they are any good.

you probably also followed the metrosexual trends.

kleptomaniac
10-28-2006, 02:04 PM
the beastie boys will get there first.

i'll make sure you do :mad:

Drederick Tatum
10-28-2006, 04:15 PM
you're my least favourite poster. stay in Beastie General please.

ET
10-28-2006, 04:20 PM
UNJUSTIFIED INTERNET HOSTILITY LOL

Ally Al
10-28-2006, 04:52 PM
and???? that has nothing to do with the fact that tv on the radio is worthless and horrible. i never thought trendy hipsters had such clout where they can mention a band and everyone will think they're good cuz of what the hipsters think.

note to you and all others who follow the hipsters: just because a band is indie, or has non-hip-hop black dudes in it, not popular, doesnt have a huge fan base, or from gay ass williamsburg doesnt mean that they are any good.

you probably also followed the metrosexual trends.

LOL, i'm no hipster you fucking prick. I like totr because i like them not because they're hip, are they even hip ? As a black eyed pea fan it would appear you are the person following current mainstream trends. You did say they were the best band of the last ten years right ? Your opinion is worthless. I don't even ride for TOTR that hard

and what the fuck is a metrosexual trend you fucking loser ?

also please explain to me what just because a band is indie actually means

kleptomaniac
10-29-2006, 11:52 AM
you're my least favourite poster. stay in Beastie General please.

if you kept those kind of comments to yourself i wouldn't have anything to say to you :rolleyes:

Drederick Tatum
10-29-2006, 04:40 PM
if you stayed in Beastie General then you wouldn't have to read them.

the beastie boys are middle aged millionaires, they don't need to be defended from throwaway comments by a 16 year old.

Mr Films
10-29-2006, 04:42 PM
if you kids don't shut up, I swear I'll turn this board right the fuck around.

kleptomaniac
10-29-2006, 04:46 PM
*kicks Drederick Tatum in the head when nobody's looking* i'm good now! (y)

paulb
10-29-2006, 05:08 PM
I saw TV on the Radio live at the Sasquatch Festival, I didnt think they were very good at all. The lead singer kept sounding like he was having a seizure in a megaphone.

thegoodmrbrodie!
10-30-2006, 04:30 AM
i think they were top notch live. euphoric.

paulb
10-30-2006, 04:50 AM

maybe i didnt like it cause i was impaitently waiting for NIN to hit the stage and had to sit through TOTR and Bauhaus and HIM...

Mr Films
01-02-2007, 12:29 AM
finally bought it.

I love it lots and lots.

though it is one of those records you kind of have to be in the mood for.

Except "Province" featuring Bowie, that song is wonderful anytime.

Documad
01-02-2007, 08:45 PM
I've got a chance to see them at smallish venue as the headliner. Is it worth it? I'll probably have to go alone.

yeahwho
01-02-2007, 08:57 PM
I've got a chance to see them at smallish venue as the headliner. Is it worth it? I'll probably have to go alone.

From this alone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73qBnuzrjx0) I would go see them. Going alone just makes sense at some shows.

Show up when you want.

yeahwho
01-04-2007, 03:57 PM
I wasnt impressed, a little annoyed actually.

I find them annoying in a good way. The bass player is cool.