PDA

View Full Version : new music channel: "The Tube Music Network"

FunkyHiFi
10-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Looks like someone has been listening to all us MUSIC fans bitching about MTV, VH1, etc etc:

Tube Music Network (http://thetubetvinfo.com/)

Not all cities have it and not all cable companies carry it, but it looks like they have a lot of digital TV stations that *do* carry it.* So I think if you have a TV with a digital tuner and an antenna, you can watch it that way (I'm more into audio than video so hence the "I think...." :) ). Techno nerd stuff: TVs that have digital tuners should also have a digital audio output jack - this way you can hear the music through a home system (or the surround soundtrack of certain TV shows and movies if the broadcaster sends the right signal).

* according to a lot of reports I've read on A/V discussion forums, picture quality is a lot better for over-the-air (OTA) digital signals - which includes HDTV - than from cable or satellite sources. That's because many cable/sat companies are cheap and want to squeeze as many channels as they can into one cable or dish, so they compress the crap out of the signal. This is the same thing as when someone chooses a low bitrate like 64kbps - which can really affect music's sound quality - so they can cram more music onto their MP3 player.