PDA

View Full Version : The Clash - Singles Box Set

DroppinScience
10-31-2006, 12:46 AM
I don't care if I more than likely have 90% of what's on here -- this thing is making me drool. :o

http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/MerchandiseDetails.jsp?merchId=113794&sms=alt-legacyclashmyspace

Thoughts?

QueenAdrock
10-31-2006, 10:30 AM
My thoughts are you should take that $70 and send it to me because YOU HAVE THOSE SONGS ALREADY GODDAMMIT. It's the reason why I didn't buy Solid Gold Hits. Yeah, it'd be nice for my collection, but completely and utterly pointless. Same with Polly Wog Stew. I wanted it for the longest time until I realized I had Some Old Bullshit and Aglio E Olio and the only reason why I wanted Polly Wog is because it was rarer and made my collection look that much better and 1337.

So in conclusion, send it to me. Need more convincing? Just listen to this paid advertisement!

Diana has been suffering from a lack of the basic necessities desperately needed in upper-middle class suburbia. Your generous contribution of $70 to the Diana Campaign will greatly enhance her life. You will receive pictures every month of her doing her favorite activities, such as surfing online and drinking beer. Imagine her excitement when she realizes she has enough money to finally pay off her student loans! You can make a difference in this young girl's life. Your tax-deductible contribution can be sent directly to Diana, rush delivery is available.

DroppinScience
10-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Ah, but you see there are some PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED STUFF on this set, as well as other rarities and B-sides.

My birthday is Nov. 29th. The set comes out Nov. 14th. *hint* *hint* ;)

QueenAdrock
10-31-2006, 01:10 PM
I ALREADY TOLD YOU YOU'RE GETTING BRITNEY

STOP TRYING TO ASK FOR STUFF YOU WANT :mad:

DroppinScience
10-31-2006, 01:12 PM
Just download the ones you don't have. That's more punk rawk anyway.

But the packaging looks neato :o

Oh, and QueenAdrock you'd like this: The set has a 44-PAGE BOOKLET WITH TRIBUTES FROM VARIOUS ARTISTS OF TODAY -- INCLUDING MIKE D!!

abcdefz
10-31-2006, 01:13 PM
How funny. I'm shopping Ebay for the "Black Market Clash" (original version) CD right now.

No way would I buy this singles collection, though. :)

QueenAdrock
10-31-2006, 01:18 PM
But the packaging looks neato :o

Oh, and QueenAdrock you'd like this: The set has a 44-PAGE BOOKLET WITH TRIBUTES FROM VARIOUS ARTISTS OF TODAY -- INCLUDING MIKE D!!

ZOMG *buys Clash Singles Box set, rips out pages, throws out rest*

Documad
10-31-2006, 11:50 PM
DS, I'm confused. Are you talking about getting the 7" set?

I don't know what to think. I would enjoy seeing the copies of original sleeves, but in general it bothers me that companies are reproducing old vinyl. I keep seeing the reprints at "vintage" vinyl stores.

b-grrrlie
11-01-2006, 04:57 PM
I have all those on 7" (and a few 12") except Rock the Cashbah and its B-side Long Time Jerk, cause for some reason it got played to death here and made me dislike that song, and also This is England, cause they weren't the real Clash for me anymore...

It would be nice to have a box to put them in tho...:rolleyes:

TOY
11-01-2006, 07:19 PM
I've been drooling over this for months...

When the London Calling/Vanilla Tapes came out, I nearly came my pants in the store. "OMG YOU GUYZ HAVE DUH CLASH, huffhuffhuff?!" Like a fat Comic Book kid. :(

mickill
11-01-2006, 08:34 PM
I'll probably cop the cd version of the set in the future sometime. But it's not at the top of my list of things to buy or anything.