PDA

View Full Version : i'm listening to jagged little pill at the moment

zorra_chiflada
10-31-2006, 09:23 AM
i loved that album when i was 11.

is this embarrassing? should i not listen to it? should i be ashamed? :(

Freebasser
10-31-2006, 09:28 AM
Men with machetes are on their way round as I type this.

QueenAdrock
10-31-2006, 10:15 AM
Whatever, I still love that album. All the bitterness and angst are swept up into one neat little package. I thought it was very original and innovative and had some good songs. I still listen to it.

AND ARE YA THINKIN OF ME WHEN YOUUUUUU FUCK HER:mad:

zorra_chiflada
10-31-2006, 10:24 AM
NOW THAT I'M MISS THING
NOW THAT I'M A ZILLIONAIRE
YOU SCAN YOUR CREDITS FOR YOUR NAME AND WONDER WHY IT'S NOT THERE! :mad:

fuck yes

QueenAdrock
10-31-2006, 10:41 AM
AND THERE I GO JUMPING BEFORE THE GUNSHOT HAS GONE OFF
SLAP ME WITH A SPLINTERED RULER!

yeah i think imma listen to that on the way home tonight

cosmo105
10-31-2006, 07:10 PM
our neighbors listen to that album all the time when they're doing it. it's a little weird to hear that one about parents living through their kids when she's screaming OH YEAH RIGHT IN MY DIRTY ASS UNNGHHH

ToucanSpam
10-31-2006, 07:16 PM
I hate Alanis Morisette for some unknown reason...I mean, I don't get pissy with people because they like her, but something about her makes me want to choke her with piano wire.

Yay for Canadian content, though.

paulb
10-31-2006, 07:35 PM
she has some pretty good songs, i remember when that cd came out, and it was sorta rebelious to hear it cause she said shit and fuck in it... this is when i was........7? 8?

hitmonlee
10-31-2006, 08:38 PM
one girl at our school like alanis
boy did she get teased
and we were a pretty tolerant bunch
she even had an alanis tshirt

monkey
10-31-2006, 08:41 PM
i was 12 and alanis spoke to me like artists do when one is 12.

FunkyHiFi
11-01-2006, 12:22 AM
1995 was a good year for music and this album was one of the good ones. I remember driving to work and this song came on - pretty good I thought then did sort of a mental double take when I heard that first naughty :) word bleeped out but really more surprised by the subject content. Cool - a song from the women's perspective who was pissed off but that wasn't being whiny or "oh poor me".......basically sort of the 90s (extreme) version of Pat Benatar. (y)*

And from one of my favorite comedies, MAD TV's Mo Collins (an awesome comedienne) does Alanis in "Wash Me". (http://youtube.com/watch?v=a7955asv7Eo) :D btw: seeing this reminds me how much I liked watching those VH1 Pop Up Videos.

* songs like "Heartbreaker" (http://youtube.com/watch?v=AqMNT7iQmXY) for example. But Pat's softer side became evident when her song "Hell Is For Children" (http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Sa0MkWoeTk) debuted, a song AGAINST child abuse. Unfortunately some people didn't listen fully to the lyrics and started protesting the song, though eventually its real meaning dawned on them :rolleyes: and the commotion died down. Then a few years later see Pat chillin' with "We Belong". (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bb4irztDM-U)

Tzar
11-01-2006, 01:35 AM
it's a little weird to hear that one about parents living through their kids when she's screaming OH YEAH RIGHT IN MY DIRTY ASS UNNGHHH
UP THE SHITTER!! HAHAHAHA!!!

mikizee
11-01-2006, 06:49 AM
whever alinis comes on the radio i have the sudden urge to murder whoever is near me. she really grates on me. her singing style SUCKS ASS, pronounce words properly bitch!

god i hate her.

i really really hate her.

did i mention i hate her?

i fuckin hate her!!! god damn i hate her.

beastiegirrl101
11-01-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how she got her paws on Ryan Reynolds.

mikizee
11-03-2006, 03:51 AM
ryan reynolds = smarmy jerk

they belong together

man im full of hate this month arent i!

zorra_chiflada
11-03-2006, 08:57 AM
i don't care what anyone says, i actually like her voice. it may not be sweet and smooth but it does the job.

venusvenus123
11-03-2006, 09:40 AM
i like one hand in my pocket, or whatever it's called. i never care much what other people think. deal with it! :p