PDA

View Full Version : Aging

Kid Presentable
10-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Do you really think 40 is the new 30? I wonder how I'm going to cope with being 26, since for all intents and purposes I'm 18. I would like to have kids later, maybe by the time I'm 35. I don't know what I mean. But if you have time to do things later in life, you'd hope you get the adequate time as an old git to balance it out. Otherwise you're dying 10 years earlier. Or something.

beastiegirrl101
10-31-2006, 03:53 PM
all that this is the new that, is crap. It only pretains to Thursday being the new Friday.

I'm going ot be 27 in February and it really doesn't bother me at all...I dont look a day over 16 and I still get carded everywhere I go.

b i o n i c
10-31-2006, 03:54 PM
im mortified of getting old. i feel old already. im gonna be 29! i want to be young forever!

Kid Presentable
all that this is the new that, is crap. It only pretains to Thursday being the new Friday.

I'm going ot be 27 in February and it really doesn't bother me at all...I dont look a day over 16 and I still get carded everywhere I go.
You do look younger than your years. Compliments are the new insult, though.

I don't know why I'm worried about the real world, I'm never in it. lol

beastiegirrl101
You do look younger than your years. Compliments are the new insult, though.

I don't know why I'm worried about the real world, I'm never in it. lol

I love you.

today is backwards day.

Kid Presentable
10-31-2006, 03:57 PM
I love you.

today is backwards day.
So it was yesterday? Sweet. Getting younger.

The Notorious LOL
10-31-2006, 03:58 PM
Im 26 but I get carded cuz I have an adorable baby face.

Kid Presentable
10-31-2006, 04:01 PM
I'll have to wear a hat. I'm like a balding teenager.

beastiegirrl101
10-31-2006, 04:02 PM
I'll have to wear a hat. I'm like a balding teenager.

hats make you bald.

DipDipDive
10-31-2006, 04:03 PM
I pulled three gray hairs from my head the other day. :(

Kid Presentable
10-31-2006, 04:05 PM
hats make you bald.
*puts on hat*

mp-seventythree
10-31-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm over 30 and bald(ing), it's only a problem if you make it a problem.
Personally I like the fact that I don't have to do anything with my hair in the morning, and as I'm over 30 I don't get arse-raped by my car insurance company:)

beastiegirrl101
10-31-2006, 04:11 PM
I pulled three gray hairs from my head the other day. :(

<3 the new avatar. it's the year baby! You know how many times I have heard super bowl shuffle on the radio? I lost count.

Kid P...is blad the new hotness?

Kid Presentable
10-31-2006, 04:15 PM
<3 the new avatar. it's the year baby! You know how many times I have heard super bowl shuffle on the radio? I lost count.

Kid P...is blad the new hotness?
Hotness is the new ugly, yo.

mp-seventythree
10-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Hotness is the new ugly, yo.

But is ugly the new hotness? (please say yes)

Kid Presentable
10-31-2006, 04:47 PM
But is ugly the new hotness? (please say yes)
I don't think you need to know what 'yes' is the new version of.

mp-seventythree
10-31-2006, 04:53 PM
:(

fucktopgirl
10-31-2006, 05:01 PM
i am not scared of aging,,,,just fucking bring it on!

ericlee
10-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Everytime someone asks of my age, they'll start with, "lemme guess, 20? 21?"

It gets kinda old after a while. I'd like for someone to at least guess that I'm in my late 20's once but, it's never happened.

b i o n i c
10-31-2006, 05:17 PM
i am not scared of aging,,,,just fucking bring it on!

but old people are ugly

Kid Presentable
10-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Everytime someone asks of my age, they'll start with, "lemme guess, 20? 21?"

It gets kinda old after a while. I'd like for someone to at least guess that I'm in my late 20's once but, it's never happened.
You're 30, right?

fucktopgirl
10-31-2006, 05:23 PM
but old people are ugly

pas necessairement!

depend if they put crisco in they face, they can escape the riddles part!

i mean wrinkles!

ericlee
10-31-2006, 05:26 PM
You're 30, right?

30+4.

Kid Presentable
10-31-2006, 05:27 PM
I hope that aging will make me better looking. And wealthier. A little wealthier.

Kid Presentable
10-31-2006, 05:28 PM
30+4.
FUCKING HELL!

fucktopgirl
10-31-2006, 05:28 PM
^you already look good you fool!

about the wealth, i would'nt count on that!:D

Kid Presentable
10-31-2006, 05:31 PM
^you already look good you fool!

about the wealth, i would'nt count on that!:D
I have an idea for a Dr Who themed restaurant, with Daleks as drinks-waiters (IMBIBE! IMBIBE!) and the various 'Doctors' as waiters. That's pretty much money in the bank.

TAL
10-31-2006, 05:31 PM
I don't think anyone has guessed my age correctly during the last 10 years. The guesses are always about 6-8 years too young.

Kid Presentable
10-31-2006, 05:32 PM
I don't think anyone has guessed my age correctly during the last 10 years. The guesses are always about 6-8 years too young.
31?

TAL
10-31-2006, 05:33 PM
always=mostly

b i o n i c
10-31-2006, 05:35 PM
you've got a very youthful looking hip

ericlee
10-31-2006, 05:38 PM
FUCKING HELL!

Haha, believe me. I think it's just going to hit like a ton of bricks as soon as I hit 40.

On my 40th bday, all of my hair will fall out, my balls will drop to my knees and I'll shrink 1 foot.

zorra_chiflada
10-31-2006, 08:41 PM
i look older than what i am. when i was 15 i would buy all my friends cigarettes and alcohol because i looked 20.
i was still growing, heightwise, until recently which is weird for a female

zorra_chiflada
10-31-2006, 08:45 PM
jealous of your height :(

i measured myself last night and i'm only 163cm. wahhhhh

i'll never be a model now :p

yeah but i'm all big and burly. i'd much rather be petite and feminine

Kid Presentable
10-31-2006, 09:39 PM
You both deserve planets to conquer.

Lyman Zerga
10-31-2006, 10:13 PM
people still think im 15 or 16

i dont mind the aging

wouldnt mind the aging itself but getting older and still being at zero with life plans is what frustates me

backwoods
10-31-2006, 10:31 PM
I think I look better now at 31 than when I was in my 20's. I'm probably full of shit, I'm full of shit 90% of the time. Probably just my Robert Downey/"local drunk" esque 5 o'clock shadow.

Decided I don't give a fuck about getting older. Ultimately, I want to be one of those really old dudes that sits around and bitches all the time on his porch and has a long white beard.

Lyman Zerga
10-31-2006, 10:53 PM
you looked babish cute back then, now youre freakin hot and attractive

*creams*

g-mile7
10-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Not worried...I translate more on feeling not looks. I do have good genes though you should see me without the hair, my folks and my mom's mother.

Kid Presentable
10-31-2006, 11:10 PM
I'm not intending this thread to insult people who may see most of these contributors as whipper-snappers. Old as you feel, love all that.

backwoods
10-31-2006, 11:14 PM
nah, I don't care. when I was 27, 28 yeah I cared now I don't care.

Kid Presentable
10-31-2006, 11:15 PM
nah, I don't care. when I was 27, 28 yeah I cared now I don't care.
That's cool. I hope I'm a pretty cool 31 year old. 4 years away from having chillun.

Lyman Zerga
10-31-2006, 11:20 PM
i hate being 20something always makes me think how fucking old i will be with 30 (no offense rofl) it's like a fucking countdown, but when im 30 ill just lean back and let it happen

sound pervert kinda

backwoods
10-31-2006, 11:22 PM
true: most women are better in bed @ 30 than most of the younger set

Lyman Zerga
10-31-2006, 11:24 PM
i bet i would suck now and i sure will suck then LOLROFLRMYO

Kid Presentable
10-31-2006, 11:26 PM
true: most women are better in bed @ 30 than most of the younger set
That's something, then.

Yeti
10-31-2006, 11:44 PM
Haha, believe me. I think it's just going to hit like a ton of bricks as soon as I hit 40.

On my 40th bday, all of my hair will fall out, my balls will drop to my knees and I'll shrink 1 foot.

I am 41....I have my hair, I'm still 6 foot 3 inches tall and my balls are not down to my knees..........but I do wear a gonad harness.

Documad
10-31-2006, 11:55 PM
Actually, I'm counting on 50 being the new 30.

Kid Presentable
11-01-2006, 01:28 AM
Actually, I'm counting on 50 being the new 30.
Ha!

abcdefz
11-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Aging

Pro: Giving less of a damn than ever about soooooooo much stuff.

Con: Getting that much giving our crumbling social security system a big old smooch on the rear as it skates out the door. I kind of dread living on the street because my benefits will pay for, like, a day's rent per month in 2036. :(

Yeti
11-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Aging

Pro: Giving less of a damn than ever about soooooooo much stuff.

Con: Getting that much giving our crumbling social security system a big old smooch on the rear as it skates out the door. I kind of dread living on the street because my benefits will pay for, like, a day's rent per month in 2036. :(

A to the Z, I differ about the---giving a damn less. I find that as I get older I worry more....about investing money, college funds, staying in shape, quitting bad habits, etc....I guess some people use aging as an excuse to become complacent. I found that when I hit 40 I decided to make some positive changes......not to mention having a baby at 41. I don't want to dribble on my grandkid.

I will say that I worry less about trivial stuff than when I was in my 20s.

abcdefz
11-01-2006, 10:43 AM
I will say that I worry less about trivial stuff than when I was in my 20s.

...the trivial stuff is what I was thinking about, actually. Like: I can walk in and order a coffee even with my batting gloves on and a headlight strapped on my head, and I really don't care if I look like a dork. I don't need the newest jeans, etc. Stuff that can actually matter when you're a kid.

Yeti
11-01-2006, 10:46 AM
...the trivial stuff is what I was thinking about, actually. Like: I can walk in and order a coffee even with my batting gloves on and a headlight strapped on my head, and I really don't care if I look like a dork. I don't need the newest jeans, etc. Stuff that can actually matter when you're a kid.

Sunday mornings I can be found getting Starbucks in my slippers and pajama bottoms.

skra75
11-01-2006, 10:56 AM

true. mega gay. that's why I'm trying to invent something I can draw a percentage royalty off of. eventually, not right now though. the general population is going to be in real trouble though I'm sure.

abcdefz
11-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Sunday mornings I can be found getting Starbucks in my slippers and pajama bottoms.

There ya go.

Unless it's in a studied-cool way. :)

abcdefz
11-01-2006, 11:05 AM
true. mega gay. that's why I'm trying to invent something I can draw a percentage royalty off of.

...write a sequel to "Happy Birthday to You." (y)

Yeti
11-01-2006, 11:13 AM
There ya go.

Unless it's in a studied-cool way. :)
No, it is in a tired I don't give a shit way.

trailerprincess
11-01-2006, 11:16 AM
i'm indifferent towards getting older really. There are certain things I want to achieve before I am 30 but if I really really cared about them, then I am sure I would. I look younger than I am which pleases me but again, I also think my emotional age is about 15 which helps.

I am also hoping that the rule that women are better in the sack when they are older, holds true for men.

abcdefz
11-01-2006, 11:17 AM
I also kinda wish that, if the age were going to show under my eyes, it would at least be in a rakish Peter O'Toole-sorta way.

trailerprincess
11-01-2006, 11:20 AM
I also kinda wish that, if the age were going to show under my eyes, it would at least be in a rakish Peter O'Toole-sorta way.

I <3 Peter O'Toole. (y)

avignon
11-01-2006, 11:21 AM
There is a 20 year-old girl who works for me that I've been talking to quite a lot lately. I like her alot, she's smart and funny but the more I listen to her, I realize that I do not want to be that young again ever. The way she deals with the conflicts that come up in her life just kills me. It's like watching someone run full speed into a brick wall over and over. And yeah, I remember being just like that.

abcdefz
11-01-2006, 11:26 AM
I <3 Peter O'Toole. (y)

(y)

Nivvie
11-01-2006, 11:31 AM
I want to get as many years under my belt as possible.
Turning 30 was no biggie.

The weirdest thing about adulthood is the full realisation of equality and personal responsibility.
I don't look at anyone anymore and think they'll automatically be able to solve a problem, whereas when I was young, I totally trusted my father in any crisis, doctors, police officers, and any other sensible adult, to know what to do. That things could be made 'OK'.

Now it's apparent that luck is what gets most people though.

I respect knowledge and experience, but I've seen enough enough doctors make or nearly make fatal errors to know that even clever adults can never be fully depended upon.
Humans are generally a bit crap.

Yeti
11-01-2006, 11:33 AM
There is a 20 year-old girl who works for me that I've been talking to quite a lot lately. I like her alot, she's smart and funny but the more I listen to her, I realize that I do not want to be that young again ever. The way she deals with the conflicts that come up in her life just kills me. It's like watching someone run full speed into a brick wall over and over. And yeah, I remember being just like that.

True....I worked as a freelance photog in South Florida. I would work with a girl (producer) that was 25 and my head would almost explode. She would talk about her boyfriend drinking every night and having no money and wanting to buy clothes but she had no money and her boyfriend drinking every night and having no money. It was like the needle was broken and her record was repeating. She was running is place and it took every ounce of my energy not to pick her up and shake her.........and tell her to dump the drunk and save her money and not to buy clothes.

avignon
11-01-2006, 11:35 AM
True....I worked as a freelance photog in South Florida. I would work with a girl (producer) that was 25 and my head would almost explode. She would talk about her boyfriend drinking every night and having no money and wanting to buy clothes but she had no money and her boyfriend drinking every night and having no money. It was like the needle was broken and her record was repeating. She was running is place and it took every ounce of my energy not to pick her up and shake her.........and tell her to dump the drunk and save her money and not to buy clothes.
Very similar with my youngun. She tells me all these horrible things he does and says, "But I love him." ugh.

abcdefz
11-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Now it's apparent that luck is what gets most people though.

Seems to me that time is what gets most people through, until time is up.

b-grrrlie
11-01-2006, 06:10 PM
47 is the new 29.

venusvenus123
11-01-2006, 07:01 PM
this thread got a lot more interesting when the people who have lived a few years started posting in it.

worried about being old when you've just left your teenage years behind?

:confused:

Kid Presentable
11-01-2006, 08:25 PM
this thread got a lot more interesting when the people who have lived a few years started posting in it.

worried about being old when you've just left your teenage years behind?

:confused:
Ridiculous, but still I think about it.

venusvenus123
11-02-2006, 05:44 AM
i can't actually remember whether i started worrying about ageing in my twenties. but i just hit the big 4-Oh my god! everyone seems to think i'm in my twenties because i still dress like a student and have youngish skin. and because people think i'm younger the whole age thing just seems surreal and silly really.

i'm not too bothered about getting old, apart from like, really old. i'm hoping that if i keep fit and do yoga i won't end up like those old ladies you see shuffling around with a stooped back :(

Kid Presentable
11-02-2006, 06:51 AM
i can't actually remember whether i started worrying about ageing in my twenties. but i just hit the big 4-Oh my god! everyone seems to think i'm in my twenties because i still dress like a student and have youngish skin. and because people think i'm younger the whole age thing just seems surreal and silly really.

i'm not too bothered about getting old, apart from like, really old. i'm hoping that if i keep fit and do yoga i won't end up like those old ladies you see shuffling around with a stooped back :(
You don't look 40. At all. Does that mean I don't know what 40 'looks' like? Maybe. But you don't.

hellojello
11-02-2006, 06:59 AM
I know how you feel KP, you've only got 6 months on me, and yeah boy to I feel like I"m too young to be this old. Sure I am pretty mature in a lot of respects, but at the same time, I feel like by this point in my life I should have acheived a whole lot more. Especially career wise.
And I always thought I looked young for my age, which was good, but 2 people in 2 weeks have told me I look 25 (without knowing my age)
heh.
Getting old sucks.

Kid Presentable
11-02-2006, 07:00 AM
I know how you feel KP, you've only got 6 months on me, and yeah boy to I feel like I"m too young to be this old. Sure I am pretty mature in a lot of respects, but at the same time, I feel like by this point in my life I should have acheived a whole lot more. Especially career wise.
And I always thought I looked young for my age, which was good, but 2 people in 2 weeks have told me I look 25 (without knowing my age)
heh.
Getting old sucks.
You have a career, at least.

Kid Presentable
11-02-2006, 07:07 AM
this thread is scaring me

i thought that shit was supposed to settle down and get a bit easier as you got older

now i'm worried i'll be this messed up forever

wah
haha

hellojello
11-02-2006, 07:14 AM
You have a career, at least.
no i dont i have a degree thats not worth the paper its written on , well actaully it is worth that its worth about 20000 to the government, which I owe them, but nothing to me carreer wise. And I work in real estate. Do I really want to make a carreer out of real estate considering I always wanted to 'help' people? The only way I can help people in that regard, is help them get ripped off!
Yay go me!
sorry feeing a little pessimistic right now. Why'd u have to make this thread u sux.

atleast u have your relationship KP

Planetary
11-02-2006, 07:32 AM
man i can't wait to be old. (http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39444000/jpg/_39444617_meldrew_main_203.jpg)

Kid Presentable
11-02-2006, 07:49 AM
that's encouraging
It was more about typing 'wah' than anything else. You'll be right undies.

b-grrrlie
11-02-2006, 10:38 AM
At the liquor store they asked for my ID when I was 32. Here you gotta be 20 to buy booze (or 18 to get beer)... Also on another occation when I was 39, but that was just because of my clothing (sort of snowboard-skater stuff), she didn't see my face first.
My biggest worry about getting old is my body. I get tired easier and it's more and more difficult to get rid of over weight (it runs in the family so I was always afraid of getting there... :( ) And after all sorts of accidents and problems the age started showing on my skin as well, and tits started sagging...

Getting a family (husband, kids, house, car, dog) has never been in my agenda. I just wanna do what I wanna do. I wanna be free. But I don't need to get loaded...

hitmonlee
11-02-2006, 11:38 AM
I wonder how I'm going to cope with being 26, since for all intents and purposes I'm 18.

ditto
i haven't achieved anything
not even proper travelling or any kind of higher learning (the uni i did does not count, i didn't do shit) and i've been working in the same job which i havent even gotten any better at and im broke and i stayed in relationships that were pretty destructive to me. i've moved out of home at least but i can't fucking drive. i really need to grow up.

and daleks fucking rule man <3

abcdefz
11-02-2006, 11:43 AM
For all the young ones out there, I'd offer this advice they'll surely ignore:

Think of your "old" self as someone you can give gifts to, and then plan your future -- and you will have one -- plan your future accordingly.

Take care of your health, 'cause you'll reap the benefits in comfort and appearance;

Get an education AND the friggin' diploma so you have a field of choices rather than three or four options because you've painted yourself into a corner;

Learn learn learn sound financial planning;

Learn (and live like) there's so so so so so much stuff you truly can live without; you'll rely on yourself and your good nature for contentment rather than spending or any of the other major drugs.

These things will pay off, and it's easier to learn them when you're young than, oh, say... oh, I'd say, like, 39 or so. :D

Yeti
11-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Thing only thing that is more difficult live with than fear is regret.

My biggest regret in life is that I didn't hit Danny Evick in the mouth while I had the chance........I guess it was fear.

Yeti
11-02-2006, 02:02 PM
He was a real redneck that used to pick fights with people. I played on the basketball team with him and I almost decked him during a practice. I never liked using my fists unless confronted. He never got in my face but I almost took him out when he elbowed my friend.

I have only had 2 fights. One in High School and one at a pub when I was in my mid 30s. The High School fight was with a guy named Chad. He kept fucking with me during lunch. I told him to backoff so he pushed me. I think I threw an overhand right to his chin and followed it with a left uppercut as he was stumbling. That was it. He fell to the ground and Mr Dillenger grabbed me by the scruff of the neck. As he took me to the office he said...nice combination.

The other was a guy that used to date a girl I was hanging out with having a couple of beers. He smacked me on the back of the head. I turned around and let it fly. He crumpled to the floor and then jumped back up. I grabbed him in a bear hug and flung him around and landed on top of him. When we were flying thru the air we smashed the gumball machine and little gumballs flew all over the place. The bouncer broke it up.

I guess I am a retired 2-0 but I regret not punching Danny Evick......not really:D

b-grrrlie
11-02-2006, 02:41 PM
For all the young ones out there, I'd offer this advice they'll surely ignore:

Think of your "old" self as someone you can give gifts to, and then plan your future -- and you will have one -- plan your future accordingly.

Take care of your health, 'cause you'll reap the benefits in comfort and appearance;

Get an education AND the friggin' diploma so you have a field of choices rather than three or four options because you've painted yourself into a corner;

Learn learn learn sound financial planning;

Learn (and live like) there's so so so so so much stuff you truly can live without; you'll rely on yourself and your good nature for contentment rather than spending or any of the other major drugs.

These things will pay off, and it's easier to learn them when you're young than, oh, say... oh, I'd say, like, 39 or so. :D
Totally!

I wish someone had given me advice like this (and I'd taken it seriously!). Like health and finance.... :rolleyes:

HEIRESS
11-02-2006, 02:52 PM
I cant wait to be 30

Ill feel my prettiest because hopefully I'll have barely any acne and very few wrinkles

YES!

HEIRESS
11-02-2006, 03:02 PM
http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/081706/old-nin-guy.gif

fucktopgirl
11-02-2006, 07:33 PM
I cant wait to be 30

Ill feel my prettiest because hopefully I'll have barely any acne and very few wrinkles

YES!

you should become friend with almond oil....best ally ever!

Gareth
11-03-2006, 01:01 AM
i'm not too scared of hitting 30 [and beyond]