PDA

View Full Version : I hate not knowing stuff.

trailerprincess
11-06-2006, 04:57 AM
My dad just called my mobile from work to ask me to come over to their house tonight and said my brother and sister also need to be there as he had something to tell us. Immediately I am worried but he says it's not bad news. He also wouldn't tell me on the telephone. I feel quite pukey :confused:

Pres Zount
11-06-2006, 05:38 AM
Knowlewdge is power. Your father guards it well.

hellojello
11-06-2006, 05:39 AM
well u'd better tell us what it is as soon as u find out because now u got me wondering too.

trailerprincess
11-06-2006, 05:48 AM
It's just very unusual - my father never makes a big deal about anything but when he said he'd left a message on my sister's phone, I thought it must be important as he loathes leaving voicemails with a passion.

hellojello
11-06-2006, 05:50 AM
maybe his mail order bride arrived and he wants u guys to come over and meet her?

trailerprincess
11-06-2006, 05:54 AM
maybe his mail order bride arrived and he wants u guys to come over and meet her?

My mother would be thrilled :)

synch
11-06-2006, 06:10 AM
Maybe your mom's mail order bride arrived.

Vlatva.

From Poland.

trailerprincess
11-06-2006, 06:19 AM
Well, I am definitely less worried now (y)

Grossed out, but less worried

tracky
11-06-2006, 06:19 AM
i'm thinking cancer :eek: sorry :( It might be something good, too

Otis Driftwood
11-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Tell him you're quitting your job and are about to come over RIGHT NOW!
Tell your boss the truth, that you're very upset. Quiz your dad and if it's nothing bad, enjoy your 1/2 day off!

trailerprincess
11-06-2006, 07:08 AM
Tell him you're quitting your job and are about to come over RIGHT NOW!
Tell your boss the truth, that you're very upset. Quiz your dad and if it's nothing bad, enjoy your 1/2 day off!

I started this job less than 2 weeks ago and don't think I should be quitting just yet (y) Nah, just spoke to my sister and she reckons it'll be fine. She thinks he's either retiring or going to work abroad for a year or so. Or they are selling the house. Or (top 10 fantasy) they won the lottery at the weekend and are giving us lots of cash. In which case I would quit working in a second.

trailerprincess
11-06-2006, 07:09 AM
actually, just had a horrible thought that my mum is going to announce she's pregnant :eek:

Otis Driftwood
11-06-2006, 07:25 AM
Wouldn't your brother have something to announce then? ;-)

trailerprincess
11-06-2006, 07:33 AM
Wouldn't your brother have something to announce then? ;-)

EEEEW EWWW EWWW!!!! You are evil!!

Loppfessor
11-06-2006, 08:41 AM
maybe your Dad is coming out of the closet or something....

synch
11-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Wouldn't her brother have something to announce then? ;-)

Loppfessor
11-06-2006, 08:55 AM
A lot of Europeans call it a "Handy" too....classic

fraserallison
11-06-2006, 09:13 AM
My dad just called my mobile from work to ask me to come over to their house tonight and said my brother and sister also need to be there as he had something to tell us. Immediately I am worried but he says it's not bad news. He also wouldn't tell me on the telephone. I feel quite pukey :confused:

you are adopted

HEIRESS
11-06-2006, 09:15 AM
my mom does this all of the time and then its just like "I changed brands of mustard!"

trailerprincess
11-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Oh. So when TrailerP said she wanted to give me a "Handy" she was talking about a cell phone?

:o

Handy: bringing a whole new meaning to phone sex

Otis Driftwood
11-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Oh. So when TrailerP said she wanted to give me a "Handy" she was talking about a cell phone?

:o

Maybe it was a "You need to be this large to apply" message.

Loppfessor
11-06-2006, 09:34 AM
So TP...did you freakin find out yet? Now I want to know....give me your Dad's number and I'll get to the bottom of this mystery

trailerprincess
11-06-2006, 09:44 AM
So TP...did you freakin find out yet? Now I want to know....give me your Dad's number and I'll get to the bottom of this mystery

Thanks Colombo but I am sure it's cool. my brother just called me having spoken to my mum and he confirmed it was not divorce, her impending motherhood (EEWW), announcing their previously concealed homosexuality, or either parent declaring their intent to take a Thai bride. He still doesn't know what it is but apparently my mother was in high spirits, which is always slightly disconcerting (unless it involves a previously unused setting on her iron)

As soon as I find out, I shall let you all know. I wish I could build up the tension a little more but I am beginning to suspect something extremely dull

Otis Driftwood
11-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Ah, I smell a spouse swap coming. Nothing cheers up long married couples more than finally being with the special younger person that gets their jizz flowing... :D

trailerprincess
11-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Ah, I smell a spouse swap coming. Nothing cheers up long married couples more than finally being with the special younger person that gets their jizz flowing... :D

jizz - underated word of the day:D

synch
11-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Thanks Colombo but I am sure it's cool. my brother just called me having spoken to my mum and he confirmed it was not divorce, her impending motherhood (EEWW), announcing their previously concealed homosexuality, or either parent declaring their intent to take a Thai bride. He still doesn't know what it is but apparently my mother was in high spirits, which is always slightly disconcerting (unless it involves a previously unused setting on her iron)

As soon as I find out, I shall let you all know. I wish I could build up the tension a little more but I am beginning to suspect something extremely dull
*cough* Polish guy for your mum *cough*

trailerprincess
11-06-2006, 09:59 AM
*cough* Polish guy for your mum *cough*

oh yeah, forgot (or tried to) forget about that one

Loppfessor
11-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Dude I figured it out! Your father has decided to run for some sort of political office but his team of advisors needs to meet with you all to see just what kind of skeletons you may have in your closets to avoid a scandal in the midst of the campaign...that'll be 20 bucks please

trailerprincess
11-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Dude I figured it out! Your father has decided to run for some sort of political office but his team of advisors needs to meet with you all to see just what kind of skeletons you may have in your closets to avoid a scandal in the midst of the campaign...that'll be 20 bucks please

He won't get past the first round then :o

:bad daughter:

Loppfessor
11-06-2006, 10:12 AM
^Okay that's good now kind of make a pouty face when you say it and instead of "daughter" say "I'm a bad girl"

trailerprincess
11-06-2006, 10:14 AM
^Okay that's good now kind of make a pouty face when you say it and instead of "daughter" say "I'm a bad girl"

You've seen that tape haven't you! I thought it had disappeared forever :eek:

Loppfessor
11-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Yes, yes I have speaking of which, would you like to come to my place later?? I have the 3 gallon tub of mayo, the slip n' slide, the goat and the fishing hooks...just like in the video

trailerprincess
11-06-2006, 01:02 PM
throw in a horsewhip and I'm there

trailerprincess
11-06-2006, 02:51 PM
yes. I just got back from my parents house. Basically he has decided to take a civilian job from the army. in afghanistan. it's a bit of a shock but at the age of 60 he has decided he wants a new challenge and for that i am proud of him. Scared too but he says he'll be fine. so he leaves in about 2 weeks.

DIGI
11-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Sounds like a smart career move.

Loppfessor
11-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Afghanistan isn't that bad...he should make some good money. I was really hoping that it was the politcal one though

trailerprincess
11-07-2006, 07:55 AM
I'm sure your pops will come home safe. Thoughts and prayers.

You might appreciate the irony though bearing in mind our Steven Seagal discussions. My dad is a pro chef and will be training people out there. So working for the army as a chef, he IS actually turning into Steven. He's going to try and grow a ponytail for extra effect. And maybe get into eastern religions(y)

Otis Driftwood
11-07-2006, 08:02 AM
I hear they practice strict singularism in their religions, so he might wanna take it slow on that one...
...but he should be able to score some good "herbs" for his "cooking" and "baking". :D

trailerprincess
11-07-2006, 11:29 AM
THAT IS SO FUCKIN" AWESOME!!!

I <3 your dad.

I <3 my dad too (y)

He rocks