PDA

View Full Version : Leftovers

Laver1969
11-09-2006, 06:13 AM
How often do you eat leftovers?

Usually twice a week for me.

Kid Presentable
11-09-2006, 06:16 AM
Depends on what constitutes leftovers. I would often re-heat that night's meal as I wouldn't be home until 1 am. I had yesterday's meal tonight, in the more traditional form of a leftover, though. Probably on average twice a week, I guess.

You've been on a roll, J.(y)

mikizee
11-09-2006, 06:19 AM
i always make a lot of a dish so there is enough for another meal the next day, but i always seem to eat the leftovers 3 hours later (or even earlier!) when i get hungry again.

trailerprincess
11-09-2006, 06:21 AM
all the time. I live on my own (get the violins out pls) so with most things designed for 2 people, there's always leftovers in my fridge

Kid Presentable
11-09-2006, 06:25 AM
i always make a lot of a dish so there is enough for another meal the next day, but i always seem to eat the leftovers 3 hours later (or even earlier!) when i get hungry again.
Second tea.

Otis Driftwood
11-09-2006, 06:27 AM
Once every two weeks, that's about as often as I have pasta. Besides having bread, I make up my mind two hours before dinner and buy the stuff. My lunch is always bought not self-made.

Laver1969
11-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Technically there are two different kinds of leftovers. There's getting leftovers from a restaurant...and then there's cooking too much and having leftovers.

By planning ahead you can make some of the dinner tasks you're constantly juggling easier. Spend a few extra minutes planning complimentary menus where you "cook once and eat twice." Here's how it works.

Plan meals based around key foods prepared in larger amounts for use in one recipe the first night and an entirely different recipe within the next night or two. This is different from making large batches and eating leftovers.

Freebasser
11-09-2006, 09:32 AM
I guy I shared a flat with had no idea how to cook, and only ever had about 3 things in his fridge at any given time.

Once he got a load of frozen veg (peas, brocolli, etc) and piled it on a plate then covered it in a whole block of grated cheese. It was about half a foot in height and he only ate about a third of it, before leaving the reamins to go hard and mouldy on the sideboard over the next three days. He was still eating it on day three, after carefully peeling all the mouldy bits of cheese off and putting them in the bin.

Christ, he was a wanker(n)

Loppfessor
11-09-2006, 11:00 AM
I never cook so there's really never anything "left over"...unless you count like the times when I'll order 3 medium 2 topping pizzas cus I have a coupon and eat pizza for the next 3 days.

hitmonlee
11-09-2006, 11:16 AM
ummmm like every day for lunch

like this week i made chicken curry on sunday night and had that
sunday dinner
monday lunch
tuesday lunch and dinner

then i made enchiladas and had them
dinner last night (fresh)
dinner tonight

and i still have enough for lunch tomorrow (y)

i cook about 2 meals per week, the rest is either leftovers of those meals, or like, cheese and avocado on toast

QueenAdrock
11-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Rarely if ever. If I go to a restaurant and don't finish what I got, I'll have it for lunch the next day. But since I live with only my brother, I usually make portions only big enough for myself, for one meal. And if there are leftovers, I just leave it on the stove and he'll come around and eat the rest of it. It works out well.

fraserallison
11-09-2006, 11:25 AM

fat fuck:)

Loppfessor
11-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Rarely if ever. If I go to a restaurant and don't finish what I got, I'll have it for lunch the next day. But since I live with only my brother, I usually make portions only big enough for myself, for one meal. And if there are leftovers, I just leave it on the stove and he'll come around and eat the rest of it. It works out well.

Sounds like my house...only I am the one eating whatever my brother cooked

pshabi
11-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Technically there are two different kinds of leftovers. There's getting leftovers from a restaurant...and then there's cooking too much and having leftovers.

By planning ahead you can make some of the dinner tasks you're constantly juggling easier. Spend a few extra minutes planning complimentary menus where you "cook once and eat twice." Here's how it works.

Plan meals based around key foods prepared in larger amounts for use in one recipe the first night and an entirely different recipe within the next night or two. This is different from making large batches and eating leftovers.
example please

Documad
11-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Laver, did you lose a bet or something?

Dorothy Wood
11-09-2006, 11:32 PM
all the time. I also eat other people's leftovers. I don't like wasting stuff. although right now there's a half can of refried beans and a half can of gravy from things we made a week or so ago...and saved the extra stuff for something else, but it's never that appealing.

HEIRESS
11-10-2006, 12:41 AM
I hate making lunches in the morning so I always make something that can be eaten for dinner and lunch

Im big on making huge pastas or chilis and then freezing them in ziplocs containers for future FUTURE lunches too

ET
11-10-2006, 01:55 AM
Pasta is a go-to. I can get at least 4 meals off of it when I cook.

Laver1969
11-10-2006, 02:52 AM
Laver, did you lose a bet or something?

Check the barenaked ladies thread in BG....it's more of a punishment. (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=1344646&postcount=7) :eek:

kleptomaniac
11-10-2006, 07:51 PM
mmmmmm....leftovers (y)

i just had leftover lasagna! yay for me!

ggirlballa
11-10-2006, 07:55 PM
i cook for myself now & i just had some leftover tuna i made yesterday.