PDA

View Full Version : Doing my resume

DandyFop
11-09-2006, 03:47 PM
sucks balls.

I haven't done one since high school, and that was a theatre one, so like "chorus member in Brigadoon!" shit.

Any advice? My GPA isn't amazing, how embarrassing, for doing a film degree. Should I put it on still? (I don't really want to say what it is)

I have to do a regular one and a film one. hrmph..

Dorothy Wood
11-09-2006, 03:51 PM
I never put my GPA on stuff unless they ask for it. I had a 3.01, which isn't half-bad, but I don't feel it necessary to put it on there.

also, I hate resumes and I have no advice. my resume has never gotten me anywhere.

a friend of mine wrote down every possible skill and activity he ever had/did relating to film stuff when he didn't even have a film degree. He just called people everyday all day, looking for freelance work in production until he eventually learned stuff through experience and moved to L.A. and then quit doing it because it was too stressful and got a job in advertising. :(

he has a degree in microbiology. but he has the gift of gab.

DandyFop
11-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Good then I'm not going to worry about it.

My memory sucks...I know there's other shit I can put on here but I can't remember!!

I type 70 wpm though...sweet

befsquire
11-09-2006, 09:58 PM
you dont put your GPA on a resume, period.
that's not always true in the legal field. when we were doing our resumes, we were told to either put our gpa or what percentile we ranked in when graduating and our numerical rank.

Gareth
11-10-2006, 12:01 AM
write a good covering letter, one that doesnt sound generic even if it is
get names of people that you want to write to and mail it to them, instead of writing to whom it may concern