PDA

View Full Version : How to get free shoes, without really trying

ms.peachy
11-10-2006, 11:21 PM
So I went to TJ Maxx or whatever it's called today and did some shopping. There were two pairs of shoes I really liked and I debated about which ones to get because I thought buying two would be just too extravagant right now. But finally I caved and just decided "fuck it" and threw them both into the basket. (Rationalizing it as, I really need decent shoes, since most of my old good 'suitable for the office' nice girly shoes don't fit me so well now, post-pregnancy, and I'll be heading back to work after the new year, and they'd be so much more expensive in England, etc etc.)

Anyway, that store was kind of like a mess, you know, nothing seemed to be in its proper place and it was kind of hard to see what was on sale and what wasn't as lots of stuff seemed to be kind of randomly placed and all. Ultimately I ended up heading to the cashier with the two pairs of shoes, a sweater, and an anime-model-thingie for my 13 year old nephew who was with me.

Well the cashier, she was very nice but kind of a dipshit, one of these types that can talk for hours without taking a breath and says nothing, know what I mean? She rings me up and takes the security tags off of everything and tells me it comes to $38 and change. Now, right when we hit the checkout, the baby has started fussing and all so I am paying and trying to pay attention to her and also the cashier is still talking about god knows what, so I wasn't really concentrating.

We get in the car and on the way home it occurs to me - $38? I was pretty sure that the one pair of shoes was $25, and that the other was $30. And the sweater was about $20, and the model something like $6. So I'm thinking, OK well the store was, as I said, a bit of a mess, so maybe some of these things were, like, 50% off or something?

Well, when we got home I checked the reciept, and guess what? The silly girl has only rung up one pair of shoes and the model! So I wasn't charged for the top or the other pair of shoes.

Now you know, I could be in an ethical quandary about this, but you know what, I am soooo not. Score, baby! (y)

Bob
11-10-2006, 11:24 PM
think about what you've done

why don't you just go to the home of every shareholder of TJ maxx and just take the fucking dinner off their tables?!

Bob
11-10-2006, 11:25 PM
anyway this reminds me of the time i accidentally ripped amazon.com off for $60

wasn't my fault! i placed an order, and they sent it to me twice. i sent one back (after asking them what i should do about it, which was harder than one might think) and they gave me a refund. i didn't feel like fussing with customer service again so i just kept it and waited for them to ask for it back. they didn't

ms.peachy
11-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Yah I know, I'm bad, I'm evil, I'm setting a terrible example for my poor innocent wee baby. In fact, call social services, they should probably just take her away from me altogether.

Just don't touch my fucking shoes, maaaan.

QueenAdrock
11-10-2006, 11:26 PM
That happened to me too. Just last week, I was rung up for $1.61 for my raw boneless chicken breast and I was like...that doesn't make sense. And when I got home and looked at the chicken and the receipt, I realized he entered it manually and read the pounds as the price. The actual price was $6 something. I don't feel bad when that happens because I know they already gouge the price to begin with so I'm just getting it wholesale.

Lyman Zerga
11-10-2006, 11:35 PM
i sure wouldnt go back to the store and pay the rest

im not THAT stupid
and bad luck for them

they should be happy i dont steal or make love with their overpriced products

how many times did my mum pay for food came home and realized it was mouldy?

no clue, didnt count it but it sure was plenty of times

Bob
11-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Yah I know, I'm bad, I'm evil, I'm setting a terrible example for my poor innocent wee baby. In fact, call social services, they should probably just take her away from me altogether.

Just don't touch my fucking shoes, maaaan.

oh come on, i wasn't suggesting that! don't be so dramatic

just you know, a few days in jail or something

ms.peachy
11-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Only if I can bring my new free shoes and whittle the kitten heel down to a point so I can use it as a weapon in the exercise yard in case I need to ice some bitch.

befsquire
11-11-2006, 12:12 AM
DON'T FUCK UP YOUR SHOES!

use a toothbrush instead. sharpen it on the wall or something.