You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.

Bob
11-11-2006, 11:09 PM
i posted it

i can't unpost it

hellojello
11-11-2006, 11:10 PM
man i bought my dad the first four season of cheers on dvd(s) for fathers day and now I swear to god he's going to make me watch them over christmas when I visit. Actually he'll make the whole family watch them I bet.

What was I thinking

tracky
11-11-2006, 11:11 PM
I started trying to learn this on the piano a while ago. Great song (y)

Bob
11-11-2006, 11:14 PM
man i bought my dad the first four season of cheers on dvd(s) for fathers day and now I swear to god he's going to make me try and watch them over christmas when I visit. Actually he'll make the whole family watch them I bet.

What was I thinking

haha

i'm posting this thread because i'm reminiscing

in college, i made friends with a bunch of the guys who lived on my floor. accidentally, i was going to the bathroom, and a drunk guy says "hey, you live on this floor?" and i say "yeah" and he goes "dude, hang out with us" and i take a chance and say "ok" and BAM i have college friends

anyway, one of the guys had a bar in his room, and he was obviously the social center of the floor. and at the end of the year, when he had to move and the bar had to go, he had someone make a mix CD with the cheers theme song on it, because that's kind of what the place was to us

only the cd had the long version of the song on it, and we were signing along and all of a sudden LOL here's some lyrics we don't know, and it was a fun time

also because it's kind of the attitude i have towards this message board sadly

so i dunno

hellojello
11-11-2006, 11:21 PM
haha

i'm posting this thread because i'm reminiscing

in college, i made friends with a bunch of the guys who lived on my floor. accidentally, i was going to the bathroom, and a drunk guy says "hey, you live on this floor?" and i say "yeah" and he goes "dude, hang out with us" and i take a chance and say "ok" and BAM i have college friends

anyway, one of the guys had a bar in his room, and he was obviously the social center of the floor. and at the end of the year, when he had to move and the bar had to go, he had someone make a mix CD with the cheers theme song on it, because that's kind of what the place was to us

only the cd had the long version of the song on it, and we were signing along and all of a sudden LOL here's some lyrics we don't know, and it was a fun time

also because it's kind of the attitude i have towards this message board sadly

so i dunno
Man your friends and college sounds exactly like it is on TV.
And you said you weren't cool

ps.
I really like italics today. I think I've used them in every post I've made so far.

oh and pps. I haven't heard the extended version either obviously cause I only know those words u had up originally.

oh and ppps. my sister can play it on the piano.
It makes me sad. Like the Mash theme song that she also plays (I think she has a songbook of 80's tv show theme songs) which is weird because if you read the lyrics of the mash theme song it's not actually a sad song at all.

Bob
11-11-2006, 11:26 PM
i'm not in college anymore, i sorta fell out with them. still, it was good times while it lasted, i certainly don't regret meeting them

even if i haven't made any real friends in law school yet

my college friends were some good people while i had them though. they were always people you could go to when you were feeling down, you know? if you had a problem, no matter how lame it was, there was always someone you could go to that would listen and be sympathetic. they weren't just rowdy drinking buddies, in fact, what i loved about them the most was how we all collectively loathed the traditional college frat boy drinking buddy bullshit. i mean occasionally one of us would have a bad day and we'd have to babysit but fuck, we're human, we're in college, it happens. but for the most part, we were an intellegent, responsible group of motherfuckers. i miss 'em. now....now i gotta find some more. i should get on that

hellojello
11-11-2006, 11:32 PM
i'm not in college anymore, i sorta fell out with them. still, it was good times while it lasted, i certainly don't regret meeting them

even if i haven't made any real friends in law school yet

my college friends were some good people while i had them though. they were always people you could go to when you were feeling down, you know? if you had a problem, no matter how lame it was, there was always someone you could go to that would listen and be sympathetic. they weren't just rowdy drinking buddies, in fact, what i loved about them the most was how we all collectively loathed the traditional college frat boy drinking buddy bullshit. i mean occasionally one of us would have a bad day and we'd have to babysit but fuck, we're human, we're in college, it happens. but for the most part, we were an intellegent, responsible group of motherfuckers. i miss 'em. now....now i gotta find some more. i should get on that
why'd you guys have a falling out? just cause you all moved on and or apart? or did something happen? After what you described just now I"m surprised you said at the start you had a falling out they sound more like the friends forever type friends.

good peoples.

anyhow I'm sure you'll find them again in law school. if everyone's not too busy studying that is.
patience is the mother of erm invention.
I think I just made that up.
oh well.
good things come to those who wait.
there's a cliche that I know is real.

I'm not sure about true though.

Bob
11-11-2006, 11:37 PM
why'd you guys have a falling out? just cause you all moved on and or apart? or did something happen? After what you described just now I"m surprised you said at the start you had a falling out they sound more like the friends forever type friends.

http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=1329038&postcount=31

it's alright, i wouldn't have seen them again anytime soon anyway

time heals all wounds, i'm sure if there were to be a reunion, i'd be invited

i hope

hellojello
11-11-2006, 11:51 PM
yeah I'm pretty sure you think a whole lot more about that incident than they do. that moron aka jerk that made those statements to you has probably completely forgotton about it.

Anyhow.... yeah I know what you mean... cause same sort of thing, well not the same, but similar things have been happening to me lately.
Who needs enemies when you have friends like that.
woohoo I slipped in another cliche.
go me.
oh and i've played asshole. but not as a drinking game. I can't remember the rules though cause we used to play shithead a whole lot more. My friend that taught me it told me her brother invented it. Lamely I believed her at the time cause I"m like that - tend to think that friends don't lie to you. But since then I've met a whole heap of people that know how to play shithead.
Anyways getting a bit off topic.
Card games are fun.