PDA

View Full Version : Hinting's for wimps

abcdefz
11-14-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm serious, man.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE it when I can tell something's bothering someone, and I ask them, and the answer's "No, I'm fine" "No, I'm fine," "Really, I'M FINE" and then it's confirmed weeks or months later that, yes, there WAS a problem, and they "expected (me) to get the hint."

Screw that, man. I refuse to feel bad when I've made it clear that the door's wide open for the airing of complaints, but someone does the chickenshit passive-aggressive thing instead.

Instead -- ?" I make a thread about it. So, yeah, I guess I am a little mad. Oh well. I'm mad more about someone not communicating like a fucking ADULT and getting pissed at ME for it.

abcdefz
11-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Bunting for chimps. (y)

Loppfessor
11-14-2006, 03:04 PM
What's all this talk about Chumps that are Pimps??

abcdefz
11-14-2006, 03:06 PM
What's the rumpus, Tom?

MC Moot
11-14-2006, 03:10 PM
maybe they are fine? Fucked up,insecure,neurotic and emotional.....nice of you to ask though....

wanton wench
11-14-2006, 03:11 PM
i hate this too. i mean, if you give someone the chance to say "yeah i'm fuckin pissed at you" and they choose to say NOTHING then its their fault. if you come to me a week later or a month or a year and tell me how pissed you are, i'll tell you to go fuck yourself.

honesty, man.

FUCKIN HONESTY.

try it for a nice lil change in your mental health.

abcdefz
11-14-2006, 03:11 PM
maybe they are fine? Fucked up,insecure,neurotic and emotional.....nice of you to ask though....

Ah! An indirect answer! It's PERFECT!

MC Moot
11-14-2006, 03:25 PM
sorry not trying to touch a nerve,I can see you're sincere,that's nice......maybe try a sock puppet,people really open up to a sock puppet,well my clients anyways....;)

abcdefz
11-14-2006, 03:26 PM
sorry not trying to touch a nerve,I can see you're sincere,that's nice......maybe try a sock puppet,people really open up to a sock puppet,well my clients anyways....;)

I thought it was beautiful, but now I think you're jerking me around.

MC Moot
11-14-2006, 03:30 PM
I thought it was beautiful, but now I think you're jerking me around.

no,no,not at all....just trying to insert some humorous imagery!

Laver1969
11-14-2006, 03:36 PM
I thought this said, "Hinting for wings"...I could really go for some bufallo wings right now.

monkey
11-14-2006, 03:39 PM
if they're friends, i pester till they tell me. that's why we're friends.

if they're not friends, then i dont bother asking again. i asked you once, you didnt wanna tell, it's none of my business.

Freebasser
11-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Winter for chimps.

They're ok. They have fur.

Pres Zount
11-14-2006, 04:10 PM
There's always the chance that the person you are asking is actually fine, and all your pestering causes them to become pissed off at you.

jabumbo
11-14-2006, 04:49 PM
i usually just create an analogy for what i am thinking, and let the other person work out what i should have said in plain english so that i don't screw it up

b i o n i c
11-14-2006, 06:15 PM
^^ example?

HEIRESS
11-14-2006, 06:31 PM
It would be fun to be married to a-z!

jabumbo
11-14-2006, 09:26 PM
^^ example?

i've been driving someone crazy with baseball analogies recently. i'm the batter, she's the pitcher, and i entered the game with a very low average

ET
11-15-2006, 02:26 AM
There's always the chance that the person you are asking is actually fine, and all your pestering causes them to become pissed off at you.

When they admit to being not fine later, then the game is flipped turned upside down. It is excruciatingly annoying when it happens on a daily basis.

abcdefz
11-15-2006, 09:50 AM
i hate this too. i mean, if you give someone the chance to say "yeah i'm fuckin pissed at you" and they choose to say NOTHING then its their fault. if you come to me a week later or a month or a year and tell me how pissed you are, i'll tell you to go fuck yourself.

honesty, man.

FUCKIN HONESTY.

try it for a nice lil change in your mental health.

(y)

abcdefz
11-15-2006, 09:53 AM

Well, that stuff pisses me off, too, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

I'm talking about when you ask someone DIRECTLY if there's a problem, they say no, but you pretty much know there is, and then later find out that, yes, they were expecting you to "take the hint."

"Take the hint." After flatly denying there's a problem.

abcdefz
11-15-2006, 09:56 AM
It would be fun to be married to a-z!

No shit.

This HAS been a problem with women. I say what I mean and assume they're doing the same. Then at some point I realize she's really a liar and just assumes I am, too.

GOOD TIMES

Nivvie
11-15-2006, 11:43 AM
As a young wee bride I did this all the time. I didn't want to cause fuss, but then, after a few minutes of 'Just tell me what's wrong!' my problem would seem small and not worth all the drama, and I'd look silly, and the like.

Now I just say flat out if it's something small that it's not worth talking about as he won't understand.
And if he's done something properly wrong, he knows all about it.