PDA

View Full Version : if you won an around the world ticket, where would you go?

icy manipulator
11-29-2006, 12:14 PM
i'm curious to know if europeans would go places other than than european, ppl in LA would go to New York and vice versa, stuff like that.

A friend of mine won 2 round the world tickets recently and she's leaving with her brother on sunday. but there are some conditions. they get to go to 5 location, one of them has to be London, and they cant go to the same country twice. anyway, they chose Mexico City, Belize City, LA and Toronto. i thought that was really weird coz most people i know in australia would choose europe over the americas

My choices, Moscow and Istanbul are 2 definates, Amsterdam, and the final city would be a toss up between Barcelona, Milano and Stockholm

So ppl, 5 cities, one has to be london and they must all be in different countries. What are your choices?

ps, for the londoners your control city that you must visit instead is Brisbane :cool:

b i o n i c
11-29-2006, 12:18 PM
around the world.

oh ok: tokyo, dublin, somewhere in israel its not that big, fiji, bombay

steve-onpoint
11-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Yo, for real. I'm glad you posted this thread cos i actually have that ticket. I got hooked up when my flight got bumped to Hawaii this past summer. So... where to go?

I asked some of my friends and they suggested I see Japan or the UK. Odds are, I'll be in the UK with The Goats. And I understand that Japan is quite the long flight from East Coast, USA. Since I might travel on my own with this ticket, I'll probably hold off on Japan for right now.

Then there's the domestic route. I was considering Yellowstone Nat'l Park. Originally, I was going to go to Alaska with my homie Jay from Droppin' Deuce (http://www.myspace.com/droppindeuce). But he used his ticket for a three-day trip to Amsterdam.

Anyone around the world want some company from the Phil?

kll
11-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Putting all political issues aside and if I didn't have to fear for my safety:

Montreal
Cairo
Rome
Amsterdam
Budapest

Kid Presentable
11-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Beirut
Nelson
Wellington
Melbourne
Abu Dhabi

Planetary
11-29-2006, 12:54 PM
stafford uk no doubt

Kid Presentable
11-29-2006, 12:56 PM
stafford uk no doubt
whaddabout Exeter?

Junker
11-29-2006, 01:31 PM
New York
Amsterdam
Mexico City
Cairo
Tokyo

kll
11-29-2006, 01:32 PM
New York
Amsterdam
Mexico City
Cairo
Tokyo
Ohhh, Junker, I'm just noticing your avatar. BEST av ever! MMMMMM....

Junker
11-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Ohhh, Junker, I'm just noticing your avatar. BEST av ever! MMMMMM....

haha......are you familiar with this one?? :D

kll
11-29-2006, 01:39 PM
haha......are you familiar with this one?? :D

i can't have just one... more like dozens of them... yummy!!!

beastiegirrl101
11-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Merrakesh

na§tee
11-29-2006, 01:42 PM
london :rolleyes:
cape town
moscow
vancouver
new york

that's pretty limited though. especially if you want to go to europe. i woulda gone to wellington, too, as a stop over. or tokyo. strategic.

Junker
11-29-2006, 01:46 PM
i can't have just one... more like dozens of them... yummy!!!

Totally true. But I wouldnt say dozens tho :p

bigblu89
11-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Literally around the world? I guess I'd take off at JFK and land in Laguardia?

ScarySquirrel
11-29-2006, 01:58 PM
I don't know... really.

Rome
Amsterdam
London
Tokyo
Bangkok

That'll work.

fucktopgirl
11-29-2006, 02:07 PM
London
Alger
Lima
HAnga Roa
Tokyo

ms.peachy
11-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Does it have to be cities? Cuz I would like to go to the Masai Mara in Africa, but I don't know where that is exactly, I just see it on like Animal Planet and nature documentaries and such and I'd like to go there. And to, like, the Brazilian rainforest, while it's still there and stuff.

SobaViolence
11-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Reykjavik Iceland
Cork Ireland
Managua Nicaragua
Jerusalem
Taiwan

everybody should go to Montreal and Toronto once in their life.
A+

fucktopgirl
11-29-2006, 03:56 PM
everybody should go to Montreal and Toronto once in their life.
A+

Yes , indeed... MOntreal is one if the best city in the world , especially in the summer, Full of free festival in the streets(just for laught, jazz festival..)

QueenAdrock
11-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Hmm. Tough one. I'd say:

Sydney, Australia
Cape Town, South Africa (tied with Tokyo, Japan)
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Nice, France (I'd say Paris but I wanna check out the Riviera, and this is pretty close to Italy so I could pop over there for a day trip)

If it was given to me on their dime, I'd want to visit as many different continents as I could.

trailerprincess
11-29-2006, 04:05 PM
New Zealand
Peru
Galapagos Islands
China
Tibet

Places that I have been to but want to go back to

India - I never made it to Ladakh or Mumbai
Nepal - was only in Katmandu for a long weekend (long story)
Japan - only went to Tokyo and Kyoto but wanted to go to Hokkaido and Okinawa

QueenAdrock
11-29-2006, 04:07 PM
(y) pengins!

trailerprincess
11-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Antartica. Seriously.

My dad lived there for 3 years. He said it was cool. No pun intended

Well, maybe a little intended

trailerprincess
11-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Sweet!

He had his own husky dogs :cool:

trailerprincess
11-29-2006, 04:16 PM
I <3 Paul Walker!

Bro.

He so fancies Roman's pants in FATF2

b-grrrlie
11-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Do I have to choose London?
I've lived there enough and been so many times I'd like to see something else... OK
London, but just to see some gig or Kew Gardens (for more than 6 hours)
San Francisco
Galapagos islands
southwest coast of New Zeeland
Reykjavik

Just noticed trailerprincess had NZ and Galapagos as well. Maybe we could travel together? :D I've always wanted to go to India/Nepal/Tibet as well (I think I've lived several of my lives thereabouts), how could I forget that...

Schmeltz
11-29-2006, 06:35 PM
London
Paris
Rome
Athens
Alexandria

The ancient Rome tour.

befsquire
11-29-2006, 07:02 PM
ok, i'm only including london because it appears to be in the "rules."

london, barcelona, paris, venice, and prague.

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
11-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Ireland without a doubt, I've got a thing for the accents.

ggirlballa
11-29-2006, 07:42 PM
new york definitly, & europe (idk which countries), japan, & any place tropical hehe again i don't know which countries

little j
11-29-2006, 11:04 PM
whats so great about mexico city?

I'd go to the following places:

Austrailia
Jamaica
Egypt
Ireland
Amsterdam
The Mediterranean (sp??) islands
Japan

trailerprincess
11-30-2006, 03:35 AM
Do I have to choose London?
I've lived there enough and been so many times I'd like to see something else... OK
London, but just to see some gig or Kew Gardens (for more than 6 hours)
San Francisco
Galapagos islands
southwest coast of New Zeeland
Reykjavik

Just noticed trailerprincess had NZ and Galapagos as well. Maybe we could travel together? :D I've always wanted to go to India/Nepal/Tibet as well (I think I've lived several of my lives thereabouts), how could I forget that...

Sounds like a sweet deal. I actually also had Reykjavik on my first list but switched it for Tibet. Match made in travelling heaven - but only if I can get aisle seat pls

laura
11-30-2006, 03:41 AM
in this conditions I say:
Argentina
Canada
south africa
tokio
south east australia

the other places I can go another time by myself

Gareth
11-30-2006, 03:41 AM
hong kong
seoul
shanghai
osaka
gore

trailerprincess
11-30-2006, 03:45 AM
hong kong
seoul
shanghai
osaka
gore

Good choices
I worked in Hong Kong for 6 months. It's my favorite place I have been to.

Lyman Zerga
11-30-2006, 03:45 AM
america
canada
england
australia

well those places where the most bbmbers live rofl

Gareth
11-30-2006, 03:50 AM
Good choices
I worked in Hong Kong for 6 months. It's my favorite place I have been to.

yeh hong kong rules, its my favourite place too.
i want to shift there once i do my time here.
what did you do there?

trailerprincess
11-30-2006, 03:56 AM
yeh hong kong rules, its my favourite place too.
i want to shift there once i do my time here.
what did you do there?

I was working for a big investment company at the time, and I was in charge of the rollout of a new front-end system to HK and Taiwan offices, and co-ordinating analysis and training. Quite stressful but I had an awesome time too. Had this great apartment in the mid-levels and a nice expenses package. I wish I could have stayed longer :cool: Though I have been back since - did a stopover from Tokyo back to London and went out with all my old work pals for dim-sum and karaoke. I miss it loads.

What do you do?

Justin
11-30-2006, 03:57 AM
I'd probably just waste all my trips to amsterdam

Gareth
11-30-2006, 04:09 AM
dim-sum and karaoke.

this year i was introduced to soju and karaoke at the same time and i havent looked back since.
umm i've just started out as an i.p lawyer, so i have to get more experience here before i have any kind of chance of getting work overseas.
mango pudding in causeway bay = best thing ever.

trailerprincess
11-30-2006, 04:14 AM
this year i was introduced to soju and karaoke at the same time and i havent looked back since.
umm i've just started out as an i.p lawyer, so i have to get more experience here before i have any kind of chance of getting work overseas.
mango pudding in causeway bay = best thing ever.

You have to do it! I can't wait to work abroad again. I have just started contracting so it'll give me more flexibility to take positions overseas.

Junker
11-30-2006, 05:33 AM
america
canada
england
australia

well those places where the most bbmbers live rofl

What do you mean when you say america?? Cause america is fucking big. We have North, Central and South America ;)

Lyman Zerga
11-30-2006, 05:35 AM
fuck myself through ever single place in america

Junker
11-30-2006, 05:47 AM
Nice then

Tone Capone
11-30-2006, 08:28 AM
London (...?...)
Moscow
Oslo
Phuket
Antalya

Tzar
11-30-2006, 08:59 AM
around the world.
fuck you, hey
my immediate thought from the title was that ^ and i was wishing no one would''ve typed it.

roosta
11-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Tokyo
Jerusalem
Rome
Tehran
Hong Kong
Seoul
New York

Planetary
11-30-2006, 10:09 AM
whaddabout Exeter?
meh. nothin on stafford. LOLOLOLOL!

Otis Driftwood
11-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Tokio - Townsville - Kamtschatke - Easter Islands - Vancouver - Samoa - Moscow - Brazzaville - Rio - Singapor - Bangkok -Galapagos

icy manipulator
11-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Townsville
as in northern queensland? my family is from there, got lots of reli's up there. Magnetic Island's beautiful, besides that Townsville's nothing great, it's bloody hot there

kleptomaniac
11-30-2006, 10:36 PM
new york
london
seoul (to see the place i was born...since i don't remember!)
& everywhere else. where do y'all live? :D

Junker
12-01-2006, 05:43 AM
Townsville

as in northern queensland? my family is from there, got lots of reli's up there. Magnetic Island's beautiful, besides that Townsville's nothing great, it's bloody hot there

I think he meant the Powerpuff Girls hometown.

synch
12-01-2006, 05:53 AM
Putting all political issues aside and if I didn't have to fear for my safety:

Montreal
Cairo
Rome
Amsterdam
Budapest
I wouldn't consider any of those a scary place to go to. Apart from Amsterdam of course. Full of weirdo's.

icy manipulator
12-01-2006, 06:06 AM
how the fuck do you know the home town of the Powerpuff Girls?! hahaha, you're so gay man :p

Junker
12-01-2006, 07:21 AM
I used to watch it.:o

b-grrrlie
12-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Sounds like a sweet deal. I actually also had Reykjavik on my first list but switched it for Tibet. Match made in travelling heaven - but only if I can get aisle seat pls
You're quite welcome to that, I always prefer to sit by the window.

b-grrrlie
12-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Is it just me, or did anyone else sing...

"Ive been around the world and I, I...I can't find my baby..." ?
I'd prefer Wreckless Eric and Whole wide world...

Otis Driftwood
12-04-2006, 05:23 AM
Naw, I meant Australia, and yes it sucks as far as nightlife is concerned. But they were playin Beasties in the "Green Ant". I actually was on Magnetic Island, in the worlds oldest backpacker. (y) You know, all the tourist shit, from Cape Tribulation to Airlie Beach. Just beautiful, man. (y) But a lot of the girls looked like well fed farmers daughters. Is QL the Oz equivalent to Bavaria? :D

Junker
12-04-2006, 05:31 AM
Naw, I meant Australia, and yes it sucks as far as nightlife is concerned. But they were playin Beasties in the "Green Ant". I actually was on Magnetic Island, in the worlds oldest backpacker. (y) You know, all the tourist shit, from Cape Tribulation to Airlie Beach. Just beautiful, man. (y) But a lot of the girls looked like well fed farmers daughters. Is QL the Oz equivalent to Bavaria? :D

:D

icy manipulator
12-04-2006, 10:16 AM
yeah i think so. does bavaria get more tourists than any other German state? Queensland does i'm sure, well, for any state outside of the capital city. lots of touristy shit here. Great Barrier Reef, Gold Coast, Fraser Island, a million and one beaches on the sunshine coast, Australia Zoo (steve irwin's), we've got the australian Champ Car round here plus we're getting the WRC, Schoolies week, the best theme parks in Oz, fuck, we even have the Big Pineapple, lol.

although schoolies is like Oktoberfest for 17 year olds and we've got no sweet Neuschwanstein Castle or anything. thanks to wiki now i know where Bayern comes from, and what BMW stands for. btw, is the Nurburgring in Bavaria?

anyway's townsville aight, it can get bloody hot in summer tho. Airlie Beach is fucking wicked, i'm prolly heading up there in january for some beachside craziness

Otis Driftwood
12-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Nürburgring is near Karlsruhe in Baden Württemberg.
Neuschwanstein (Disney castle) and Heidelberg (inspiration for countless poets, home of my fave german HipHop band Advanced Chemistry) get a lot of tourists. There are some sweet spots among the rhine, but winter sports and mountain bikers go to Bavaria a lot, cause it's best known. Which gives the bavarians a big head. My province, the Pfalz is known to american GIs better than some Germans, cuase Ramstein Airbase is there. But Heidelberg is unbelievable. Like a pump mass processing japanese tourists, 3 cameras slung around their necks. Hamburg and Berlin are sometimes added for Euro travelers, but they don't come close in sheer numbers.

Airlie Beach was great, yeah. What is schoolies week?

icy manipulator
12-04-2006, 10:36 AM
schoolies week is a week when all the school leavers go to surfers paradise on the gold coast after exams have finished to basically liquify their brains with lots of underage drinking. there's lots of organised events on too down there. the first week is for queensland, then it's the rest the week after i think. it used to be pretty bad but they've gotten stricter since 2003 when then Premier's kids had their schoolies week (luckily mine was in 2002) :cool:

ours was apparantly the worse, 2 kids fell off high rise balconies, someone was stabbed every night and hundreds of ppl were arrested. plus i found a phone on the beach :cool:

Otis Driftwood
12-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I remember my mate warning me about that. Those were the times, eh? So you "found" a "phone" on the beach? That sounds like LOST...

... in delirium? :rolleyes:

Funky Pepp
12-04-2006, 10:54 AM
New York
Tokyo
Hongkong
Gimsøy (or anywhere on the Lofoten)
London (although I'd prefer any other city, because London is only a one-hour-25EUR-flight away from Berlin)