PDA

View Full Version : this time of year brings out th best in people...

cookiepuss
12-04-2006, 05:15 PM
NOT!!!!!

I was in the drug store yesterday and the old bag in front of me was attempting to return some deoderant WITHOUT a receipt. And the poor 17 yr old checker girl said she would need to get a manager to approve the return since there was no receipt. (this seems reasonable to me, don't you agree? 17 yr old just doing her job right?) and this old cunt proceeded to chew this girls ass out because the return is taking too long ( the store is packed to the brim by the way). Finally I can't stand this nasty bitch any longer so I say..."hey ya know what? YOU are the one returning something with out a receipt, there are many businesses that wouldn't even allow you to do that so you should consider yourself lucky!"

she didn't like that much. and said: Well, well yes, but if so and so where here she would know what to do and it shouldn't thake this long and now I'm holding everyone up." I'm like yeah you are holding everyone up because you couldn't be bothered to keep your receipt and frankly you're just being rude to this girl!" She continued to chirp off...I'm not being rude blah blah. and I just muttered bitch under my breath but she was too busy chirping to notice.
when she finally leaves she turns to me and says snidly "and you have a meery x-mas" I said nothing but gave her my best drop dead you old cunt look. but I probaby should have said: be sure to save all your holiday receipts and maybe you won't have to wait so long next time old fart.

happy holidays my ass. people are fucking assholes.

So would you/have you spoken up in a situation like that? in my opinion the checker was just doing her job and didn't deserve to have to take crap from that woman and I just couldn't let it slide without saying something.

The Notorious LOL
12-04-2006, 05:30 PM
nah I woulda just made a post about it from a casual observer standpoint detailing which emoticons would have worked best in the situation.

secret hint: :mad: is key

cookiepuss
12-04-2006, 05:33 PM
hee hee. I support the rights of retail employeeeeessss! (y)

ericlee
12-04-2006, 05:33 PM
She should have went to Wal Mart and tried to return it there.

I had a ps2 that I bought at a p.x. in a whole different state. My daughter was playing with it and it fell to the floor and broke.

I took it to Wal Mart and with no questions asked, they gave me a brand new one in exchange.

cookiepuss
12-04-2006, 05:46 PM
I took it to Wal Mart and with no questions asked, they gave me a brand new one in exchange.

sure, sure..but you probably thougth that it wouldn't be quite that easy. like you might have expected to wait a few extra minutes to get things handled because you didn't have a receipt?

what it boils down to is this woman's preferred checker wasn't there to give her preferntial treatment and she thought that gave her a right to abuse the young woman who was stuck handling the situation and who didn't have the authority to do much about it. Maybe I'm just too easy going because I just couldn't see anything happening in the transaction that I wouldn't have expected to take place under the circumstances.

jackrock
12-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Jerks in stores, not shutting off high-beams (n)

Planetary
12-04-2006, 06:30 PM
i wish we had drug stores.

cookiepuss
12-04-2006, 06:33 PM
i wish we had drug stores.
no really you don't. they are filled asses to elbows with decreped old grumpies. and they don't have any good drugs there any way.

Planetary
12-04-2006, 06:48 PM
yeah i know. we do have them really. we just call em pharmacy's and they're boring. dunno if there are old people in there though.

QueenAdrock
12-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Well, some dude was a prick to Liz this weekend. This guy was buying a pointesettia at the self-checkout and instead of paying, he left to go find someone to BAG IT FOR HIM, so James (her fiancee) said "We're in a bit of a hurry, would you mind paying first so we can get through?" And the guy said "Fuck off, I'm a paying customer too," and well, if you know Liz you'd know she wouldn't put up with that shit. She yelled at him pretty badly. And then gave him a dirty look when she saw him in the parking lot, when she was driving to go home. And he flipped her off. And then her fiancee got out of the car and started with the "You got something to say, buddy?" stuff and the dude backed down and ran off.

cookiepuss
12-04-2006, 07:12 PM
pointesettia. they are poisionous to animals. he was probably purchasing it to poison his neighbors cat. Jingle all the way mr. nasty pants!

Echewta
12-04-2006, 07:17 PM
http://itschewy.ytmnd.com/

ggirlballa
12-04-2006, 07:21 PM
who returns deoderant? wtf & eww

King PSYZ
12-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Echewta FTW!

Tzar
12-05-2006, 08:18 AM
ohhh this thread makes me laugh.

i've just been made into a supervisor at work (a coles supermarket) so i'm responsible for alot of shit now on the front end; ie. refunds/dealing with customer complaints/trying to do reasonable exchanges etc etc.

so, reading cookie's story, just brings up alot of similar situations. majority of them are by whingey housewives with 2 toddler's and a crying 6 year old who wants a lolly.

"well i threw my receipt away because i didn't think i'd need it"
shit like that; all we can say is 'too bad' and then they get angry and we have to give them their money back or give them a new one.

it's so true - this time of the year, shit gets out of hand and the reasons why this and that don't work/taste right is ridiculous. shits me to tears...

Pres Zount
12-05-2006, 09:10 AM
"Well, who holds onto their recepit for longer than a few days?" :smug::rolleyes:

"Well, you are supposed to, you toad." :mad:

"I bought it from here, don't you believe me?" :mad:

"NO. Why should I? :mad:

"They don't take returns just becasue you broke it." :mad:

"Well, they should."

"NO, they shouldn't. Get out of my sight"

Junker
12-05-2006, 09:43 AM
You should have punched the old lady in the face and said: "Merry x-mas for you too, bitch" :mad:

abcdefz
12-05-2006, 10:03 AM
who returns deoderant? wtf & eww

....yeah; I was kind of wondering if anyone else was thinking this.

What -- it didn't work? You bought Mountain Mist instead of Georgia Peach?

Hmmm...

ericlee
12-05-2006, 11:53 AM
sure, sure..but you probably thougth that it wouldn't be quite that easy. like you might have expected to wait a few extra minutes to get things handled because you didn't have a receipt?

haha, actually I knew it would be very easy being that my ex wife worked there and she's told me that she's seen people bring rusty lawnmowers in for exchange for a brand new one.

Regardless, that lady was a bitch especially since she wanted to stir up so much shit over deodarant.

abcdefz
12-05-2006, 11:55 AM
haha, actually I knew it would be very easy being that my ex wife worked there and she's told me that she's seen people bring rusty lawnmowers in for exchange for a brand new one.

It's amazing.

When I worked for Tower Books, a lady came in demanding a cash refund for a hardback book with no dust jacket, ripped binding, water damage, an out of print edition, and no receipt. She escalated the complaint up from me to my manager to corporate until we were finally instructed to give her a refund.

WTF.

ericlee
12-05-2006, 12:09 PM
It's amazing.

When I worked for Tower Books, a lady came in demanding a cash refund for a hardback book with no dust jacket, ripped binding, water damage, an out of print edition, and no receipt. She escalated the complaint up from me to my manager to corporate until we were finally instructed to give her a refund.

WTF.

If it came down to a ruckus, I would have just told them not to worry about it and that I'll just go back home and try to find my receipt, knowing I didn't have it and just keep the broken ps2 and buy a new one later. I know I'm in the wrong but, it's worth a try.

People are so damn stupid sometimes. Being that she's an old lady, of course she knows that just about every store has a policy about no reciept=no refund so, she thought strong arming would take care of it. I'm glad I don't work in customer service because I'd probably take that deodarant and wash that old hag's filthy mouth out with it.

Pres Zount
12-06-2006, 02:04 AM
My friends and I once bought a check shirt from a cheapo-store and jumped in a river whilst wearing it.

We took it back wet and dripping and said it was like that when we bought it. We didn't get a refund, but we exchanged it for a packet of lollies.

Tone Capone
12-06-2006, 02:12 AM
NOT!!!!!

I was in the drug store yesterday and the old bag in front of me was attempting to return some deoderant WITHOUT a receipt. And the poor 17 yr old checker girl said she would need to get a manager to approve the return since there was no receipt. (this seems reasonable to me, don't you agree? 17 yr old just doing her job right?) and this old cunt proceeded to chew this girls ass out because the return is taking too long ( the store is packed to the brim by the way). Finally I can't stand this nasty bitch any longer so I say..."hey ya know what? YOU are the one returning something with out a receipt, there are many businesses that wouldn't even allow you to do that so you should consider yourself lucky!"

she didn't like that much. and said: Well, well yes, but if so and so where here she would know what to do and it shouldn't thake this long and now I'm holding everyone up." I'm like yeah you are holding everyone up because you couldn't be bothered to keep your receipt and frankly you're just being rude to this girl!" She continued to chirp off...I'm not being rude blah blah. and I just muttered bitch under my breath but she was too busy chirping to notice.
when she finally leaves she turns to me and says snidly "and you have a meery x-mas" I said nothing but gave her my best drop dead you old cunt look. but I probaby should have said: be sure to save all your holiday receipts and maybe you won't have to wait so long next time old fart.

happy holidays my ass. people are fucking assholes.

So would you/have you spoken up in a situation like that? in my opinion the checker was just doing her job and didn't deserve to have to take crap from that woman and I just couldn't let it slide without saying something.

That's awesome.